Pro Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Pro Bowl

This shows how stupid people voting in the Pro bowl are--Adam Vinatieri-- who has not played a game this year and probably should be on ir- has been voted in over all the other great kickers including the Ghost.

It's pretty obvious the Colt fans and the Vikings fans spent all their time voting.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d81448298&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Now I know y'all are going to come on here and tell me it doesn't matter , the players don't care about it blah, blah. I guess Patriot fans don't care enough about the team to bother to vote.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

Re: Pro Bowl

NEGAME - It doesn't matter and the players don't care.  Oh Im just playin. I care more about wins.  Pro-bowl seems to be a popularity contest more than anything.  Since the Pats have become one of the most hated teams in the NFL I'm pretty sure Pats players won't get votes no matter how deserving.

The All-Pro selections seem to be based more on performance.  Who votes on that?  Coaches, players or media?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It would be nice to see players that deserve to be in the Pro Bowl get in the Pro Bowl.  Why not have coaches and players vote.  I'm sorry to say but I don't think 80% of fans have any idea who is the best player at a position.  I follow football and I couldn't even tell you who the best right tackle is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Fans = 1/3rd the vote
    Players = 1/3rd the vote
    Coaches = 1/3rd the vote.

The 2/3rds vote that the players and coaches should offset mistakes made by the fans.  It's a little weird that this game is being played during the off week between the playoffs and the superbowl.  I doubt we'll see Adam V. kicking for the AFC.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Does Bowl selections hurt the team at contract time? We should be voting someone here though. How could anyone dis Welker? His name should be up for MVP. By the way for all the Rodney fans still out there. He got two votes for "NFL's DIRTIEST PLAYER"  this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Doubtful it really matters other than status/money for the players.  While it would be nice to see some Pats on the team, if things go according to my hopes, you wouldn't see any of them playing IN the Pro Bowl since its being played the week before the Super Bowl.  Neither of the two Superbowl teams will have one player, including their waterboy, in that game.  So for me its a moot point really, but yeah, the voting is pretty screwed up no doubt!

"Any place you go, it will always be better than Tucson."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I voted a bout two weeks ago.  I had Moss and Welker as two of my WRs. How Welker does not win MVP is a shame, but expected. It will be Manning, instead.

What kind of idiots vote for Viniateri when he isn't playing?  Heck, he has not been worthy since his first season at Indy.  He is downright below average these days.

The fan voting is fairly new.  They even let fans vote multiple times, which seems beyond stupid.  I think it should revert back to non-fan voting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Can we say "ballot box stuffing"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

BTW, Game, nice avatar, though your old photo was pretty popular here, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think the players want to be recognized for great performance, It's just human nature.  Ultimately it comes down to this, if you're going to give out an award for great performance than it should be given to those with the best performance.  If they want to call it the "fan's choice" award and concede that it is a popularity contest than that's fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

GAMER, what happened to that delightful pic of yours?  What a disappointment to see it replaced with the Prima-Donna - Manning....

Probowl.... well from my point of view, i really don't care much.  It is a popularity contest and the PATS are not very popular.  Besides, in 2007, when we had all of our over-rated O-Line make the pro-bowl, what happened in the Super Bowl?

I would trade 53 Probowls for one Super Bowl Victory!

One of the PATS major flaws this year (IMHO) is that the Offense focusses to much on Welker and Moss....  While both WR's have Probowl numbers and potential, the offense is far less effective, than when Brady spread the ball around. 

In any Event, let's hope that Santa Brings us all an AFC East Title this weekend. 

How about a nice Xmas Pic GAMER?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Is the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl this year? I doubt either SB team will send their players. Kind of defeats the purpose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Last time I watched a Pro Bowl Joe Theismann was the starting QB for the NFC and the NFC routed the AFC something like 45-7. Haven't watched or paid attention to that game since.