Problems??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Problems??

The Patriots were beaten thoroughly on both sides of the ball on Monday night. They had problems with stopping the Saints and converting on third down. They would have stood a better chance if they kept running Maroney and Morris and kept the Saints offense off of the field. If we stand a chance going forward then we are going to have to have balance!! Defenses are going to continue to double Moss and Welker as long as they can. If we can run the ball that will force a defense to change its coverage and eventually open up play action and the passing game. We cannot just drop back and throw it 70% of the time without 5 legit receivers and expect to just roll teams. Brady will get hurt again if the pass rush can just go straight at him without respecting the run. Maybe next season we will have a couple more viable receiving threats but NOT this year. It is time to run the ball and keep running the ball.  Also to all you people suddenly thinking the Pats stink...S#^% it!  Matt Light was in his first game back after 4 weeks of rehab and it showed. We can run the ball with Maroney behind Volmer and Mankins. We need more creativity on offense...period. Everyone in the league and at home knows that the Patriots are going to throw on third and anything 2,3,1 yard it doesnt matter. The other teams have great athletes too so dont just line up and throw the same routes game in and game out and expect the defense to look confused.   Also tip your hats to the Saints they played a great game and Sean Payton did a great job calling plays and keeping our REBUILT (this year) secondary confused..I wish still had Rodney back there but we dont. That said I still believe we can make a serious play off run but it is going to take a commitment to the run and more creativity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

Re: Problems??

while defense was the main culprit in this butt whipping, i agree that they need more creativity and less predictabilty with their offensive gameplans and playcalling...i have heard some posters attempt to defend the offense by throwing out brady/moss/welker stats and where they rank in the league in certain passing catagories, yet they conveniently ignore stats like red zone scoring, second half scoring, etc...thats because their vanilla playcalling seems to bog them down and offer limited options when the field shortens in the red zone, and the second half scoring would indicate to me that they have a hard time adjust and altering on the fly, while defenses are easily adjusting to them as games wear on...

and just curious, drew brees is the new posterboy for qb's that utilize all their weapons and spread the ball around, but whatever happened to the tom brady that did the same?? this is not a knock on tom we all know he is a great qb, so is it as lack of personnel and he has become too reliant on wes and moss? is it the offensive scheme? even average TE's in other offenses manage 2/3 key receptions each week so where the hell is watson all of a sudden??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

In Response to Re: Problems??:
    [QUOTE]while defense was the main culprit in this butt whipping, i agree that they need more creativity and less predictabilty with their offensive gameplans and playcalling...i have heard some posters attempt to defend the offense by throwing out brady/moss/welker stats and where they rank in the league in certain passing catagories, yet they conveniently ignore stats like red zone scoring, second half scoring, etc...thats because their vanilla playcalling seems to bog them down and offer limited options when the field shortens in the red zone, and the second half scoring would indicate to me that they have a hard time adjust and altering on the fly, while defenses are easily adjusting to them as games wear on... and just curious, drew brees is the new posterboy for qb's that utilize all their weapons and spread the ball around, but whatever happened to the tom brady that did the same?? this is not a knock on tom we all know he is a great qb, so is it as lack of personnel and he has become too reliant on wes and moss? is it the offensive scheme? even average TE's in other offenses manage 2/3 key receptions each week so where the hell is watson all of a sudden??
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

i gotta agree with you..we should use Watson more and maybe Baker too. it would help out alot by making the defense atleast think about the run before we passed and I agree, Tom Brady was the best and won three Superbowls because he didnt hone in on one or two receivers, rather he just threw it to the open guy. Now he seems to be forcing it a little more to his two favorite targets which makes him predictable and defendable. Good response..thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE] and just curious, drew brees is the new posterboy for qb's that utilize all their weapons and spread the ball around, but whatever happened to the tom brady that did the same?? this is not a knock on tom we all know he is a great qb, so is it as lack of personnel and he has become too reliant on wes and moss? is it the offensive scheme? even average TE's in other offenses manage 2/3 key receptions each week so where the hell is watson all of a sudden??
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself.  NE was so much better when spreading the ball around.  Now it only seems like Welker, Moss and Faulk get the ball.

I believe the reason why they dont go to the TE is because they only have 2 and they use them to block.

What I didnt understand is why they abandoned the run.  Maroney was killing them.  I know he fumbled but keep feeding him.  Im sure he knew to protect the ball after he fumbled....what do I know, Im just a fan not a coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

patsfanintx,

good observation with the TE's and you are probably correct for the most part, but one would think that with all the respect that gets paid to moss and welker that the other wideouts should be running free half of the time. and the TFB of old wouldve ate teams alive that so consistently focused on taking certain targets away from him and leaving themselves exposed elsewhere.

as far as the running game, with the way defenses are playing moss in particular, basically commiting 2 and sometimes 3 guys to him, it seems the only real remedy to that would be to stay a bit more patient with the run and not abandon it so quickly. seems like every week thats at very least their intention when they start the game, but they get away from it. i dont know, maybe they just have the personnel to do the things that in a perfect world they would like to do. maroney is frustrating, just when the guys starts running hard and with a purpose, less stutter stepping and dancing around, now he cant hang onto the ball...3 straight games he puts it on the ground...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Problems?? : I was wondering that myself.  NE was so much better when spreading the ball around.  Now it only seems like Welker, Moss and Faulk get the ball. I believe the reason why they dont go to the TE is because they only have 2 and they use them to block. What I didnt understand is why they abandoned the run.  Maroney was killing them.  I know he fumbled but keep feeding him.  Im sure he knew to protect the ball after he fumbled....what do I know, Im just a fan not a coach.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]
    lol this might be off topic but in the game when he fumbled did u see he b00m ellis for the ball back i was impressed. the problem with our D is Wilhte plain and simple we need a Cb prospect more then a pass rusher cuz TBC is gettin the job done quite well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Problems?? : lol this might be off topic but in the game when he fumbled did u see he b00m ellis for the ball back i was impressed. the problem with our D is Wilhte plain and simple we need a Cb prospect more then a pass rusher cuz TBC is gettin the job done quite well
    Posted by wtfmaroney[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was trying to lay some of them guys out.  I think thats why Sharper hit Faulk the way he did.