Proof of media bias against Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Proof of media bias against Pats

As many on this board have asserted, the media is clearly biased against the Pats, which is reflected in negative coverage, critical comments and undesirable prime time appearances. Well, with week two power rankings out, we can see that all those weasels running the internet do indeed hate the Pats.

We all know the Pats are going 19-0, especially after last night's gem, yet ESPN, Fox & USA Today have them ranked at #2!!! Who's with me on the boycott?

Perhaps the most egregious is National Football Post slotting NE @ #3. I seriously doubt Lombardi will be invited to the Belichick golf outing on the Vineyard again next summer.

For my next investigation I will proove the commish has it out for our team...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Proof of media bias against Pats

Who cares....just win the d--n Super Bowl and everyone else can go to hell....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Do you REALLY care about the media and what it thinks?  It has no impact on the play of the team or how it will finish the season.  Let the talking heads get their seconds of screen time and let it go.  If rankings won games, now that would be something!  NOT!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats:
    [QUOTE]Wah-As many of you have asserted, wah wah ,the media is clearly biased against the pats...wah wah wah wah wah wah wah F'n WAH! Losers!
    Posted by leonJetsLeon[/QUOTE]

I have been graced by a Leon response! Wow. Now Leon, you disappoint me by failing the sarcasm test...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

for the love of........talk about beating a dead horse....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

19-0 is a mirage. We got close and didn't get it done. That's one of those opportunities you ONLY seek when you're close enough to sniff it. You don't set out AIMING for 19-0.

I honestly don't see this team go undefeated, especially because of the learning curve on defense.

The media means nothing. Ultimately, it's what you do on the field and when you have Belichik and Brady, you have to like the product they'll put on the field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Note to the Seattle guy:

If you have to point out that you're being sarcastic, that's a good indication that your sarcasm needs work . . .

or that your audience is less perceptive than you, yourself, perceive.

Yes, we like to believe everyone is out to get us, but that's just a comfort zone. We all know there isn't really any bias beyond a few of the talking heads . . .

and, of course, the commissioner.
    Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]Wah-As many of you have asserted, wah wah ,the media is clearly biased against the pats...wah wah wah wah wah wah wah F'n WAH! Losers!
    Posted by leonJetsLeon[/QUOTE]

Leon:

I, for one, could care less what the media says about any NE-based team....if the Pats win the Super Bowl...no one, least of all the Patriots' players, are going to care about outsiders' unfavorable feelings/opinions about them....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]Note to the Seattle guy: If you have to point out that you're being sarcastic, that's a good indication that your sarcasm needs work . . . or that your audience is less perceptive than you, yourself, perceive. Yes, we like to believe everyone is out to get us, but that's just a comfort zone. We all know there isn't really any bias beyond a few of the talking heads . . . and, of course, the commissioner.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Dammit. Good point Mike. That's what I get for rushing out a post Tomase-style.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats : Dammit. Good point Mike. That's what I get for rushing out a post Tomase-style.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

I didn't read it as sarcastic though I am glad it is ironic. I have also seen enough of these posts to know that there are people who would write this without irony.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats : I didn't read it as sarcastic though I am glad it is ironic. I have also seen enough of these posts to know that there are people who would write this without irony.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

And it was my far too dry, overly subtle response. I can see I'm getting nowhere without threating physical violence from my keyboard. Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

So what else is new?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We will never pass the Steelers in the power rankings until we beat em in the AFCC (hopefully). Pittyburgh is America's new team .Learn to live with being the second best team in football, boys. 

This quote was made famous by Rick Flair, "To be the best, ya got to beat the best, Wooooooo!". As of now, Steel city is the best. 

Plus, I can never understand how the media can hate the Patriots but love the Redsox. I guess they hate winners. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Hey morons....remember 2007?? Idiots!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!  IF you morons make it to the SB, we will wear your a**es out again......Baby-daddy Brady was, is and all will be Eli Manning's bi*ch.  CRY!!!!!!   CRY!!!!!!   19-0 Giants 2009!!!!   Punks!!  You guys play in the pee-wee AFC east anyway, try to bring your weak game to the NFC EAST!!! Best division in the NFL......GO GIANTS
    Posted by redsox310[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha, he he, ho ho. Don't be surprised if the Giants lose on Sunday. The Skins figured out how to beat your defense last week. Get the ball out fast to the TEs and WRs. Your D-line is prolific but your DBs and LBs are prey. I hate Romo but I hope he puts up 400 yards on you queens. We all know the Giants can't win a slugout. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmb106. Show nmb106's posts

A lot of rubbish written on here, starting with seattlemaslow at the top.

#2/#3 ranking of the Pats accurately reflects our start, and our potential. We were underwhelming against the Bills, but delivered when it counted at the death. This is the material of potential champions, and a team ranked 2 or 3 are definite SB material. We can (and hopefully will) still go all the way.

There can be no argument with the Steelers at the top of any power rankings - they are the defending champs and have just closed out a very tough game against a physical Titans side.

As for criticising the Giants, please. They have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL. They will be there or thereabouts most seasons as they are run as smartly and efficiently as we are (generally speaking).

This is why other teams' fans often have a poor perception of us Pats fans - so one-eyed when it comes to predictions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of rubbish written on here, starting with seattlemaslow at the top. #2/#3 ranking of the Pats accurately reflects our start, and our potential. We were underwhelming against the Bills, but delivered when it counted at the death. This is the material of potential champions, and a team ranked 2 or 3 are definite SB material. We can (and hopefully will) still go all the way. There can be no argument with the Steelers at the top of any power rankings - they are the defending champs and have just closed out a very tough game against a physical Titans side. As for criticising the Giants, please. They have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL. They will be there or thereabouts most seasons as they are run as smartly and efficiently as we are (generally speaking). This is why other teams' fans often have a poor perception of us Pats fans - so one-eyed when it comes to predictions.
    Posted by nmb106[/QUOTE]

Do you really think Eli Manning can out throw Tony Romo? You can't win a shootout by running the ball. 

In one game last season Romo posted a 113.8 QB Rating, 20-30 Comp-Att, 244 Yards and 2 TDs against the Giants. I'm not trying to discredit the Giants I'm just saying they shouldn't be so smug about sunday. 

"This is why other teams' fans often have a poor perception of us Pats fans - so one-eyed when it comes to predictions."

The fool comes on our website and talk about how much we suk and how his team is going to go 19-0 when we don't even face them this year, and I'm the bad guy? Are you sure you're a Pats' fan? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]You must be lead moron....didn't know this was YOUR site....thanks for proving yourself a moron.....Tony Romo had a good game LAST YEAR?....key words - LAST YEAR.....that's why Pats fan are like yankee fans, dumb, moronic homers.....about the perception of Pat's fans?  I think I recall a book written about going the Pats 19-0 in '07?  Please, idiot, shut up.  One more thing Sherlock...GO GIANTS....GO GIANTS...maybe somebody will get lucky and get to Brady's other leg In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats :

Wow! Look at that NY class. You better fear Brady you puss, that fluke in '07 won't ever happen again. Man, I've never cheered for Tony Romo but there is a first time for everything. Demarcus Ware is going to sodomize Eli Manning. You have no WRs so your rushing game is going to take a hit this year. Smart teams (unlike the Redskins) are going to pull the safeties up to the line and their CBs are going to own your WRs. You guys can't beat the Eagles or the Vikings so don't go buying tickets to Tampa just yet. 

What you just wished on Brady shows how much faith you have in your team. You know Brady will pick apart your defense this year so you want him out early. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I think it is traditional to put last years Superbowl winner at #1 in power ratings.

So putting New England at the #2 slot is not realy an insult.

IMHO The media bias againts New England is as much political as it is about football.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmb106. Show nmb106's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats : Do you really think Eli Manning can out throw Tony Romo? You can't win a shootout by running the ball.  In one game last season Romo posted a 113.8 QB Rating, 20-30 Comp-Att, 244 Yards and 2 TDs against the Giants. I'm not trying to discredit the Giants I'm just saying they shouldn't be so smug about sunday.  "This is why other teams' fans often have a poor perception of us Pats fans - so one-eyed when it comes to predictions." The fool comes on our website and talk about how much we suk and how his team is going to go 19-0 when we don't even face them this year, and I'm the bad guy? Are you sure you're a Pats' fan? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

"The fool comes on our website and talk about how much we suk and how his team is going to go 19-0 when we don't even face them this year, and I'm the bad guy? Are you sure you're a Pats' fan?"

You sound confused - I'm a Pats fan, praising the Pats, and also praising the Giants. It's ok to think we're not going 19-0, and also ok to think that the Giants will be playoff contenders in most years to come.

For what it's worth, I think we've got a 13-3 season in us. That's very strong. Where does the anger come from?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Note to the Seattle guy: If you have to point out that you're being sarcastic, that's a good indication that your sarcasm needs work . . . or that your audience is less perceptive than you, yourself, perceive. Yes, we like to believe everyone is out to get us, but that's just a comfort zone. We all know there isn't really any bias beyond a few of the talking heads . . . and, of course, the commissioner.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

True Mike - Good to have the commish on your side.  Could you have imagined what would have happened to Belichick and the Franchise had Goodell not been afraid of Kraft?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

[QUOTE]You must be lead moron....didn't know this was YOUR site....thanks for proving yourself a moron.....Tony Romo had a good game LAST YEAR?....key words - LAST YEAR.....that's why Pats fan are like yankee fans, dumb, moronic homers.....about the perception of Pat's fans?  I think I recall a book written about going the Pats 19-0 in '07?  Please, idiot, shut up.  One more thing Sherlock...GO GIANTS....GO GIANTS...maybe somebody will get lucky and get to Brady's other leg In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats :

Well thought out post. Intelligent, cogent, concise, well written. Nicely done. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of rubbish written on here, starting with seattlemaslow at the top. #2/#3 ranking of the Pats accurately reflects our start, and our potential. We were underwhelming against the Bills, but delivered when it counted at the death. This is the material of potential champions, and a team ranked 2 or 3 are definite SB material. We can (and hopefully will) still go all the way. There can be no argument with the Steelers at the top of any power rankings - they are the defending champs and have just closed out a very tough game against a physical Titans side. As for criticising the Giants, please. They have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL. They will be there or thereabouts most seasons as they are run as smartly and efficiently as we are (generally speaking). This is why other teams' fans often have a poor perception of us Pats fans - so one-eyed when it comes to predictions.
    Posted by nmb106[/QUOTE]

NMB, that is exactly what I'm trying to say. Believe me as a displaced Pats fan, I know a lot about how other teams' fans perceive us...geez, anyone on the internet knows that.

In the past few days we've had posts on:

*  how ESPN hates the Pats because their in-game commentary dared to critique Brady's mechanics (but only in the first half)

*  how the commish "would have hosed" the Pats if the Seymour deal unwound (and that Roger is generally out to get the Pats)

* that Spygate unfairly targeted the Pats and punished them too harshly (time to stop defending this one folks. Rule broken, pick vanished, let it go)

* that the roughing calls are evidence of ref conspiracy

and my favorite...

* that the Pats will go 19-0 (those numbers should hurt any Pats fan just slightly less than 18-1...don't write them)

My post was sarcastic. I believe the Pats deserve far less than a #2 ranking

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

steelers should be #1..... defending champs and undefeated this year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats : And it was my far too dry, overly subtle response. I can see I'm getting nowhere without threating physical violence from my keyboard.

Oh, no. No worries about you there. I responded to your initial post without reading through the entire thread. Of course, seeing the Leon response changes the ballgame...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats : NMB, that is exactly what I'm trying to say. Believe me as a displaced Pats fan, I know a lot about how other teams' fans perceive us...geez, anyone on the internet knows that. In the past few days we've had posts on: *  how ESPN hates the Pats because their in-game commentary dared to critique Brady's mechanics (but only in the first half) *  how the commish "would have hosed" the Pats if the Seymour deal unwound (and that Roger is generally out to get the Pats) * that Spygate unfairly targeted the Pats and punished them too harshly (time to stop defending this one folks. Rule broken, pick vanished, let it go) * that the roughing calls are evidence of ref conspiracy and my favorite... * that the Pats will go 19-0 (those numbers should hurt any Pats fan just slightly less than 18-1...don't write them) My post was sarcastic. I believe the Pats deserve far less than a #2 ranking

The roughing call on Wilfork was a symptom of the refs adjusting to the rule clarification. I wonder if another rule clarification is in order something like:

Note 3. The waist is above the knees.

Or the refs could just get together and sing "Dem Bones" before each half.