Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....

Pros:

First Half D----As a whole the D was great!  Andre Carter showed why he was picked up, he was constantly in Freeman's face!  There was a pass rush!  Let me write that again.....there was a pass rush.  Very aggressive! With the front 4 and 3, Mayo was allowed to show what type of D he belongs in! Mayo had 2 sacks. Freeman was constantly chased out of the pocket.  A lot of 1st, 2nd, 3rd down and long!

DW and BJGE-  DW I had a few good runs and some great runs after catches.   The offensive line opened up some big holes.  Great to see Solder play as much as he did. He was burned on one play but was not the 2nd time, when the defender used the same move. Ridley again looked strong.  I like this RB by committee...Keep them rested, healthy, and utilize each players strengths.

Brady- Nothing needs to be said....No rust there!  I was surprise how long he played.  A couple of hits on him, made me lose my breath.

Gostkowski-I know it is minor, but he looks like he has no after effects from surgery....Two deep FG's past 40 yard line

Hernandez---Had some great catches and runs after the catches. Welker also had a typical game.

BB- Was very happy post game---lol But of course he had to say... "Hopefully clean up a few loose ends and continue to take another step in our preparation for the regular season."  That is BB!

Cons- (Have to pick a few...Nothing too major!)

Secondary---Was not too strong. Chung was not good in pass coverage. McCourty had a PI. 

85---Still learning the offense, nothing major....Minor con....But he had a nice TD catch and did not celebrate...

(Loved the Buc defender who celebrated, danced, and show boat after the interception return for TD...LOL...NOT!! There were getting their butts kicked!)

(There will be a lot of personal fouls this year....Hitting a defenseless WR/TE/RB....Leading with your helmet....)

(Glad the post TD reviews were not as slow as last week)

Not trying to nitpick...Again nothing major for the cons

Add your own...  Or disagree...lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....

And Ellis and Haynesworth did not play!  When they come back oh my word! Lookout!

Pro---

Zoltan Mesko-He had some good punts, especially the one over 55 yards

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

This funny....

Gerald McCoy: “Um, Mr. Brady, can we line up?”

Gerald McCoy, Tom BradyAP

The Bucs defense didn’t look ready for primetime on Thursday night against New England. To put it mildly.

Heck, they weren’t even ready for Patriots quarterbackTom Brady to snap the ball usually.

“[Adrian] Clayborn came to me and was like, ‘Oh my god, it was so fast!’ I said, ‘I know! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you!’ It was a reality check, we needed that,” defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said via Greg. A. Bedard of the Boston Globe.

“Man, I’m telling you man, they came out, they’d turn around huddle, snap, oh, ‘There’s the Mike, Go!’ I was like, ‘Dang! Um, Mr. Brady, can we line up?’ He didn’t care. He was like, ‘You’re not going to line up.”’ McCoy said. “When we turned around one time I checked back around and my hand was going to the grass and they were like, ‘Hut!’ And I said, ‘Noooooooooooo!’”

The Patriots played at a very quick tempo, and the Bucs couldn’t recognize how to match up quickly. McCoy thinks it’s exactly what the team needed after getting a “false sense of security last week.”

“[Linebacker Mason Foster? He needed to see Tom Brady. He didn’t see to see Calabaloo from last week, whatever the dude’s name was. I’m sorry if you can hear this. I don’t know who you were, I’m sorry. It’s nothing personal,” McCoy said.

Tyler Palko?” a reporter asked.

“Falko, yeah, the replacement. He needed to see Tom Brady,” McCoy responded.

To repeat: Do not draft Calabaloo in your fantasy league.  He is not a real person.  Do not draft Tyler Palko either.  Or Falko.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The big news was the aggressive D and that pass rush. No offseason and this is what they show! It is a testament to both the coaches and players.

The next big thing was "Brady being Brady". Next was Solder showing signs of being an excellent pass blocker. Yes he missed on a play but he learned and upped his game. The key is this is only his second game. And note he is getting a lot of playing time. He will not start if Light is healthy on day 1 but he will be ready to step in and play LT if called on. Next I would say Ridley showed his first game was not magic. He is a good player. Next was the "humble" touchdown by 85. That was a statement. Refreshing.

I would add that Tampa Bay in preseason game 2 is a better theam than the Jags and so a better test. But this is still preseason and only game 2! Keep it in perspective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Biggest con I noticed was undisciplined play. 7 penalties for 80+ yards and some drive-ending holding penalties. Wouldn't look too much into it, those refs were flag happy last night

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Spot on Rocky!  I thought the defense looked dominant early on reminiscent of the 03' 04' teams and we have yet to insert Big Al or S.Ellis...I am trying to remain calm and keep it in perspective, but I was giddy last night about our defense possibly finally being a strength and force again.  I think it will only get better when we get more players back and start gameplanning during the season.

I never worry about the offseason...Brady is always in midseason form in preseason when everyone else is getting up to speed.  Just too many weapons there..  Brady is gonna feel like Bledsoe did in 97' with all those options.  I say we may have 5 guys catch over 40 balls

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pro:  Offense - 28 first half points
    Pro:  Defense - 0 first half points

Con:  I'm sure the whiners will think of something

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like the sound of "Mr. Brady". This is what an elite QB is called. Not Tom, not Brady, not Sir, but Mr. Brady. Love it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

In Response to Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....:
    [QUOTE]I like the sound of "Mr. Brady". This is what an elite QB is called. Not Tom, not Brady, not Sir, but Mr. Brady. Love it.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

You’re just encouraging McCheater’s to show up on the board with some Bieber comments!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

PROS: The starters

CONS:  I still think the secondary still so so..and dont get me started with merrywheater, ( please cut him).

One more thing, when the reporter asked the RB from the Bucs " Do you guys take any positive from tonight's Offence"?  he was like...Ummmmm honestly...No! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Huge Pro: Our tiniest WR is still a giant.  Look how WW towers over Mike Reiss in this vid: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700404/video-welker-talks-offense-ochocinco

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VMIPatsFan. Show VMIPatsFan's posts

The biggest con for the game was having Woodhead on punt coverage in the 4th quarter and taking a cheap helmet to helmet hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]PROS: The starters CONS:  I still think the secondary still so so..and dont get me started with merrywheater, ( please cut him). One more thing, when the reporter asked the RB from the Bucs " Do you guys take any positive from tonight's Offence"?  he was like...Ummmmm honestly...No! 
    Posted by Akiraloco[/QUOTE]

I turned off the game after the first half, did Meriweather have a bad game after that? He played much better than Brown yesterday. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Not necessarily a con but the pass blocking of the interior offensive line--an area of concern since the NYG coaches identified it as a soft spot and attacked it, with great success, in the Super Bowl--still concerns me a little.

What pressure TB was getting last night came pretty much from up the gut--and that's how franchise QBs get their knees taken out and, at the very least, get their offensive timing disrupted.

It's not a major problem right now, but all it takes is one bad game in January when your QB is constantly getting pushed back in the pocket to ruin a great season--we've all seen that happen far too many times since 2007.

Again, it's a nit-pick, but it bears watching. Koppen, to me, is past his prime and his play has been going downhill for a few years now. He was always undersized for a center anyway. And Connolly is solid, but nothing special.

That needs to be an area of focus for 2012 IMO...of course, they have to get through 2011 first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]PROS: The starters CONS:  I still think the secondary still so so..and dont get me started with merrywheater, ( please cut him). One more thing, when the reporter asked the RB from the Bucs " Do you guys take any positive from tonight's Offence"?  he was like...Ummmmm honestly...No! 
    Posted by Akiraloco[/QUOTE]

At least Merri doesn't tackle like a girl ie Sergio Brown. Brown is clearly not ready for a starting role as he muffed tackles and blew coverages. Worse game than Merri unfortunately. Need a big name signing to dump Merriweather at this point which they tried and failed to do. I'm all for cutting him if a legit replacement can be found. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game.... : At least Merri doesn't tackle like a girl ie Sergio Brown. Brown is clearly not ready for a starting role as he muffed tackles and blew coverages. Worse game than Merri unfortunately. Need a big name signing to dump Merriweather at this point which they tried and failed to do. I'm all for cutting him if a legit replacement can be found. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I like S.Brown and I watched him closely and all I can say is Brandon aint going anywhere.  Brown is not ready for prime time.  He has good size but not physical enough but will make a nice utility db that you can plug in the slot if needed or at dime back or at free safety if needed but not ready to start by any means.  People need to calm down about Meriweather, He will look better once they gamplan during the season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Pro -  Slater is looking better each game as a receiver.  I think he locked up a spot on the roster with his receiver play last night and his contributions on special teams.  Not Good news for Tate and Endelman thou they may be on the PUP to start the season anyway.

Pro-The tight ends in the blocking scheme.  We already know what Gronk and Herd. can do in the passing game but the TE really showed up in the running game with there blocks (including the new guys).  Starting to think they may go with 4 TE's, utilize Herd as WR when needed.  Again bad news for Tate and Endelman because if they go with 4 TE, I think they go with 6 not 7 receiver's.

Con -- Free Safety.  I think Chung is fine as the SS and being utilized to come up and stop the run.  That's his strength.  They are still in search for the Milloy/Harrison replaced thou at free safety.  They just don't have that guy that can read the offense and be in the right place at the right time.  On the plus side, if they keep up with the pressure on the QB they have shown in the first two games, this will be minimized by QB's with no time exploit this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I stukk think chad had too many drops, felt like he only caught one or two passes, but was thrown to alot more. The illegal hit drop i can understand, but the others not so much

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]...
    Con:  I'm sure the whiners will think of something
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I have some whine, not about the Pats though.  I don't like what they've done to the game by moving the kickoff and by calling defenseless receiver penalties every time a receiver gets his bell rung.  Ocho was about to catch the football and the guy hit him, not in the head, at the same time.  I thought it was a good play (about the only one by Tampa all first half).  Not a dirty play, just hard football.  What is a defender supposed to do, allow him to catch it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]Pro -  Slater is looking better each game as a receiver.  I think he locked up a spot on the roster with his receiver play last night and his contributions on special teams.  Not Good news for Tate and Endelman thou they may be on the PUP to start the season anyway. Pro-The tight ends in the blocking scheme.  We already know what Gronk and Herd. can do in the passing game but the TE really showed up in the running game with there blocks (including the new guys).  Starting to think they may go with 4 TE's, utilize Herd as WR when needed.  Again bad news for Tate and Endelman because if they go with 4 TE, I think they go with 6 not 7 receiver's. Con -- Free Safety.  I think Chung is fine as the SS and being utilized to come up and stop the run.  That's his strength.  They are still in search for the Milloy/Harrison replaced thou at free safety.  They just don't have that guy that can read the offense and be in the right place at the right time.  On the plus side, if they keep up with the pressure on the QB they have shown in the first two games, this will be minimized by QB's with no time exploit this.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

ya luts cut the number one punt returner...duh  ...they cant be on pup  duh... you love that they got cut so the s*ck *ssed jests could pick them up... to bad they be claimed before that could ever happen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

actually there were alot of scouts/personell people at the game ( jest, saints, dolphins , bills) and they were drooling over.....(see bedards story)

landon cohen
    kade weston
    darryl richard

yeatman is this year udfa that will make the team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]actually there were alot of scouts/personell people at the game ( jest, saints, dolphins , bills) and they were drooling over.....(see bedards story) landon cohen kade weston darryl richard yeatman is this year udfa that will make the team
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Warren will get scooped up as well, if he's cut.  I still say he makes it and Wright is cut or is PUPed.  Pryor and Love are locks.  Lee Smith is in jeopardy for sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game.... : ya luts cut the number one punt returner...duh  ...they cant be on pup  duh... you love that they got cut so the s*ck *ssed jests could pick them up... to bad they be claimed before that could ever happen
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Ya numnuts I think they go with 6 recievers so that means someone gets cut.  I keep Price, Tate, and Slater over Endelman.  Deal with it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Last preseason I saw the Patriots' first team demolish the New Orleans first team. Three and out, touchdown, three and out, touchdown.  Everybody said at the time, oh, don't take it seriously, it's only preseason, it doesn't mean a thing.  Then the Patriots went 14-2.

In the Patriots' case, "It's only preseason" is a slice of Moose Turd Pie, with a cross-hatch of pie dough on the top and whipped cream and a cherry.  I'm sorry that two teams in a row have been terrible small-college teams playing an NFL team, but those were their starters on the field.

I'm a conspiracy theorist.  I believe that refs throw games.  I believe that players throw games.  I saw this same thing last year, and so I believe that coaches throw preseason games because they don't count.  In this case, I believe that Ryan Mallett ate all of his humble pie at halftime, thank you Coach Belichick may I have another slice, and then he went out and lobbed the softest possible pass that he could, a long time before he was hit, arrow-straight at a defender with no Patriot within 10 yards.  There was another case where he telegraphed a pick six and the defender was too inept to catch the nerf ball, but this second time the defender got it.  Personally I agree with BB's decision.  No use unnecessarily scaring other teams.