PROTECT BRADY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from campp. Show campp's posts

PROTECT BRADY!

that`s all. build a wall around him like the red sox front office built the 2009 red sox bullpen. ie. second to none. this patriot team has me feeling extremely optimistic, that`s how good a team i believe it is. NOW is the time for Bill to trade a 2010 draft pick for another  really good O-Llineman. [what`s the name of that guy in KC is that wants out?]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: PROTECT BRADY!

It kinda looks like the same wall from 2007 that got run over by the Giants in the Super Bowl.  The only difference is they have an extra year of wear-n-tear on there aging bodies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Brady's best protection will be a good running game.  With the RBs we now have we should be able to stablish a running game for Tom.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

plus we just got 2 good blocking TE's in Baker and Smith.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Brady's best protection will be a good running game.  With the RBs we now have we should be able to stablish a running game for Tom.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

it would be nice to have a decent power running back. the addition of lamont jordan last year was to fill that role. fred taylor does not exactly fill that need and we didn't add anyone else who could.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I also agree that the Pats new TE's should be a major improvement at protecting Brady, both in blocking and as a short range target.  Hopefully, Taylor stays healthy and comes in as the bruising RB the Patriots need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

So you really dont think Sammy Morris is a thumper? This guy was a FB in his early days of the NFL, he is 100% a power running back who slams through the hole. He is not a speed guy he is a tough guy so we have a power running game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]So you really dont think Sammy Morris is a thumper? This guy was a FB in his early days of the NFL, he is 100% a power running back who slams through the hole. He is not a speed guy he is a tough guy so we have a power running game.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

No question we now have guys for a power running game but do we have the guys up front that can push to create some holes for these guys?  The O-line needs to improve for these guys to have a chance and not get hit in the backfield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The Pats didn't finish in '07 because the o-line couldn't handle Blue New Jersey's personnel and schemes.

Matt Cassel was sacked 876 times last season (that may be a slight exageration, but it's probably close).

So tell me . . .  what moves have the Pats made to address this issue?

Sebastion Vollmer?

Hmmmm . . .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Vollmer will be an upside surprise. He is quick for his size and should push for playing time.

If he shows enough promise, could the Pats cut Kaczur and his $2million cap number?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

what surprises me about pats fans is the over excitement demonstrated after the draft.  Haven't the last few years proven that Belichick really does not covet rookies?

How many rookies earned a starting spot the last few years?  I am sure there are some, but other than mayo the names just don't come to mind.  Maybe an o lineman. 

If I am right, then the draft excitement is a bit overplayed. 

example:  Rodney Harrison - his skills diminished significantly yet he held his starting spot over the now hyped Brandon Merriweather.  Harrison was no longer great and yet merriweather could not take his spot.  Now maybe merriweather's time has come, but its 3 years later. 

The point - why get excited about the draft?  Get excited about the FA acquisitions, and if the positions you think you need aren't in those acquisitions, be concerned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

underdogg, no offense, but...what are you doing here? 

This is a Patriots forum, not a Colts forum.

Did you run away from home, or what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ryan OCallghan and Vollmer are great prospects at tackle.  Bar injury Ryan O would have been drafted much higher than he was and despite his many injuries in college he never missed games playing through injury and was highly successful.  Vollmer is a very good athlete with some of the best feet of any offensive linemen in the draft and a world of upside.

Ryan = 6'7" 330 pounds
    Seb = 6'8" 315 pounds

Both have long arms, are quick and massive; a big departure from the lighter faster tackles we've had in recent years and we spent higher picks on them than any other O lineman short of Logan Mankins... we've been building that wall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I was a little surprised that the Pats didn't draft an interior lineman in the 2nd round.  After all, Mankins' and Neal's contracts are both up after the year.  Of course, we don't really know what's going to happen from a salary cap standpoint after the year, but developing a replacement for a year seemed prudent.  I admittedly don't know much about the back-up guards already on the team - they are just names on a depth chart that I don't recognize.  Perhaps the coaches have developed these guys for a while and are confident that in another year they could step in seemlessly...? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]underdogg, no offense, but...what are you doing here?  This is a Patriots forum, not a Colts forum. Did you run away from home, or what?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

If my points are f o s (and maybe they are, I don't know everything pat) then tell me and tell me why, but don't think the "why are you here posts" actually bother me. 

Tell me I am wrong and tell me why!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Obviously, you're wrong because you're a Colts fan.

Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The point - why get excited about the draft?  Get excited about the FA acquisitions, and if the positions you think you need aren't in those acquisitions, be concerned.

The point about being "excited" over the draft is that it provides depth. Sure, guys like Mayo who start as rookies are not the norm. But the team's depth has been a huge factor in their success. We are not looking for most rookies to start, but to develop into guys who can step in in case of injury, and a couple years down the road develop into quality starters. They did do pretty well in FA, also. Guys like Springs, Bodden, Baker, and Taylor should all improve the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub - but that is the point, there are many here who see draftees and are plugging them into your starting line-up and expecting near probowl play. 

Now I don't know but I've read here that the pats systems (O&D) are complex.  If that's the case AND belichick prefers vets, why are so many here talking about the draftees and how they will improve this team significantly this year?

I just cant fathom those who believe your secondary will be better this year than in 07, for example. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If the front seven can't pressure the quarterback, the secondary will get lit up no matter who's back there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

and if the secondary can't stay on their mark for any length of time, the front seven cannot get any pressure on the quarterback no matter who's up there.