Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately...

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Luck can only get you so far, Indy will not make it past the first round; I will put my 3 houses on it. trust me...they are pretenders; there is more shame to losing to Indy tonight after the way we dominated them; had the calls gone the other way we wouldn't be discussing this stupid thread.
    Posted by hifiguy[/QUOTE]

"The calls"... Let's focus on "THE CALL" like going for it on 4th down on your own 28, up by 6 and throwing to a guy running a 2 yard route when you need 2 yards. Blame your coach before you blame the refs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

replay shows he made the first down  but could not be reveiwed; bad spot all around by officials paid off by Indy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : You are by far away the dumbest person ever in the history of the internet to post anything.  We are all dumber for having read that baseless rant full of BS. "Bill Polian paid Refs"??  Who negotiated the Refs contracts??  Oh that's right, the owner of the Pats, Robert Kraft.  But you know it's easy to forget that when you're too busy making excuses.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

You seem to be assuming that you could get dumber. That is a fact not in evidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : "The calls"... Let's focus on "THE CALL" like going for it on 4th down on your own 28, up by 6 and throwing to a guy running a 2 yard route when you need 2 yards. Blame your coach before you blame the refs.

They made the line of gain though. A correct spot makes the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I'm very familiar with the rule, and that was not incidental contact.  You can't take the receiver out, pure and simple.  For example, if the DB looked back at the ball and blatantly pushed the receiver down, PI would correctly be called.  That's basically what happened here.  Collie's hands go up for the ball and the DB runs into his hands.  Not permissible, and obvious PI.  Perhaps you've had too much to drink - I would too if my team had blown it again!  (Common occurrence nowadays for the Pats.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : They made the line of gain though. A correct spot makes the game.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

i dont think any football fan in the world would dissagree with you that if the patriots had got the call to convert the first down that the game would be over. but the bottom line is that the patriots shouldnt have even have been in a situation where that play would make or break the game. they were not able to make the play that it came down to, and the colts were proven to be the better team today

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : They made the line of gain though. A correct spot makes the game.

It was the correct spot.  He never had possession until the ball was back over the 30.  You can't have forward progress until you have possession.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : It was the correct spot.  He never had possession until the ball was back over the 30.  You can't have forward progress until you have possession.

Very well put, DFree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : It was the correct spot.  He never had possession until the ball was back over the 30.  You can't have forward progress until you have possession.

He has possession and his foot lands on the 30. The ball is also at the 30.  Watch the replay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Very well put, DFree.
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Hilarious. You don't even know what he means. Just nod your head. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : replay does not show that.... YOU say it shows that.  There is not one replay that shows he made that first down.  He bobbled the ball, therefor not establishing possesion until his foot is on the 30 but the ball is closer to the 29.  It was not a bad call at all.  And stop all this noise about the officials being paid off by the Colts.  Bill Polian doesn't have enough money to make these guys risk going to jail like that NBA ref.  That's a BS excuse and you know it.

I'm being facetious tomake a point; I don' really think they paid off officials. From the replay I saw he had the ball in control for a first down; ultimately, it was a stupid decision to go for to begin with; my overall point is that the Pats handed the victory to the Colts after dominating them for most of the game; I wouldn't agree with anyone that the Colts won this one their own; very fortunate and lucky; I am sure that if the table was turned you would agree that if the pats had won a game after being dominated by the apposing team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm very familiar with the rule, and that was not incidental contact.  You can't take the receiver out, pure and simple.  For example, if the DB looked back at the ball and blatantly pushed the receiver down, PI would correctly be called.  That's basically what happened here.  Collie's hands go up for the ball and the DB runs into his hands.  Not permissible, and obvious PI.  Perhaps you've had too much to drink - I would too if my team had blown it again!  (Common occurrence nowadays for the Pats.)

Both players are looking back at the ball.

They are both playing the ball. 

They both have a right to the ball. 

Contact when both players are going for the ball is incidental.

Also, Collie leans back into Butler. Collie is the one making contact. Butler never touches Collie's hands. 

Did you even see the play? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greyferd. Show greyferd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : He has possession and his foot lands on the 30. The ball is also at the 30.  Watch the replay.

Even if his foot is on the 30, it's where the ball is.  The ball was just to the left of his foot.  And for that matter, the yellow line on the field WAS NOT right on the 30 yrd line.  Go back and look at it.  The yellow line was just on the other side of the 30.  Granted, it was only about 4 or 5 inches above the 30, but nontheless, when you combine that with his foot being on the 30 and the ball being a couple of inches below his foot, you get the 6-8 inches short of the marker.  If you still insist he picked up the 1st down, you're just not watching the replay close enough. Colts win. Great game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : I'm being facetious tomake a point; I don' really think they paid off officials. From the replay I saw he had the ball in control for a first down; ultimately, it was a stupid decision to go for to begin with; my overall point is that the Pats handed the victory to the Colts after dominating them for most of the game; I wouldn't agree with anyone that the Colts won this one their own; very fortunate and lucky; I am sure that if the table was turned you would agree that if the pats had won a game after being dominated by the apposing team.
    Posted by hifiguy[/QUOTE]

You are correct, the Colts didn't win it on their own.  They had help from the Pats.  Fumbles and bad decisions helped them, but.... they still scored when they had to and that's what football is all about.  I know the Colts are a good team (maybe not a championship team) and this is what good teams do.  They win these kinds of games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : As a compassionate person, I hope you move out of the denial phase soon and head down the road to acceptance, Enoch.  This seems to be really hard for you!  I'm worried, because lashing out doesn't seem to be helping you...

Denial? Interesting. You are the one trying to convince himself the PI call is legitimate. And you are only doing that to convince yourself that the Colts win was also legit. 

Hey, the Pats lost. They made errors that they shouldn't have and didn't close when they could have. I know that.

But that is not the whole story. 

The Colts got a W not because of legitimate calls or correct spots. They were handed the game by both the Pats and the refs. You seem to want to think they earned it. You are the one pretending. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : i dont think any football fan in the world would dissagree with you that if the patriots had got the call to convert the first down that the game would be over. but the bottom line is that the patriots shouldnt have even have been in a situation where that play would make or break the game. they were not able to make the play that it came down to, and the colts were proven to be the better team today
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

No, sometimes, the lesser team that day wins. This was one of those days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greyferd. Show greyferd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : You guys just make rules changes when things don't go your way.
    Posted by gridlocked[/QUOTE]

Yes, like actually calling Pass Interference when DBs are all over your receivers.  Hmmm. I seem to recall there was a playoff game in these two team's past when the Pats were interfering with Colts receivers all game long and never got called for it.  Afterwards the league didn't CHANGE the rules, they just told the refs to actually ENFORCE the rules. 
    Oh, and by the way, Roger Goodell still needs to produce the tapes!  BB is a cheater and now he's a cheater that makes bad calls and manages the clock poorly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

We'll see what happens towards the end of the season;time to go...........................
    Go Pats! I still  believe they are a great team to be reckoned with
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Even if his foot is on the 30, it's where the ball is.  The ball was just to the left of his foot.  And for that matter, the yellow line on the field WAS NOT right on the 30 yrd line.  Go back and look at it.  The yellow line was just on the other side of the 30.  Granted, it was only about 4 or 5 inches above the 30, but nontheless, when you combine that with his foot being on the 30 and the ball being a couple of inches below his foot, you get the 6-8 inches short of the marker.  If you still insist he picked up the 1st down, you're just not watching the replay close enough. Colts win. Great game.
    Posted by greyferd[/QUOTE]

The yellow line, while not official, is actually split by the 30 yard line. So the line of gain would be about 1/2 to 2/3 through the 30-yard line if the yellow line is correct.

Faulk's foot is on the line. The ball looks to be above his foot, but you might be right its position. 

That just means it probably wouldn't have been overturned. If the spot went the Pats way, it probably wouldn't have been overturned for the Colts. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm gonna try to get some sleep, but I might still be too keyed up.  Keep trying to move on, Enoch.  I'm really worried about you.  PS: obvious PI, and the announcers agreed.  G'night.

Now you are just making things up.

Here is the link to the NFL Network review. Look at it starting at about 4:30 into it. Listen to the other analyst (I can't tell who it is.) after Eisen says "There is laundry on the field." He says, "That's a horrible call."

Come back when you have some integrity. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Well that's how they do it. The league wants the Mannings for some reason. 
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for explaining that to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Now you are just making things up. Here is the link to the NFL Network review. Look at it starting at about 4:30 into it. Listen to the other analyst (I can't tell who it is.) after Eisen says "There is laundry on the field." He says, "That's a horrible call." http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d8143b6c2/NFL-GameDay-Patriots-vs-Colts-highlights Come back when you have some integrity. 

Root and ALL:

~Root, WHY even bother...  Pat's Fans will readily admit Pat's Players and Coaching didn't put this one out of reach, Yet ALSO bring to question the certain  critical and strangely one-dimensionally Indy favored- actions which were crucially beneficial to The Colts in this match.  AND for some weird reason Colt's Fans and Pat's Haters won't make this seemingly simple leap of judgement... 

Ya see, Swallowing sugar-coated Deniability, concious or not, Is the ONLY thing that CAN possibly be stomached by this opposing Team's Fanbase (& other N.E. Hater-trolls) who have bore witness on this forum for WEEKS of Persons predicting this night's outcome might hinge on Indy favored Refs, BY showing how The Indy Franchise has been the beneficiaries of favorable calls by League Refs with links supporting the Colts as the least penalized team for a decade- all through scores of many sorts of player and personell changes...Weeks of Threads filled with numerous articles entailing Bill Polian's rants on how the game should be played and refereed, as well as Polian's ties to The Rules Committee and League offices and Those altered and amended NFL Rules which as a very high percenatge of the changes for some oddity favor the unique style of players, schematics, and overall gameplan of The Indianapolis Colt's Team...

Through weeks of various Threads showing and detailing these things, I can now ONLY conclude I have somewhat equal-footing respect for the reasoning power of Colt's Fans and Pat's haters, Than I do for illiterate, uneducated, & unflinching Taliban militia-men who unquestionably and undeniably buy into the fact That IF They discharge 50 lbs of TNT from under their robe (taking out, well...whomever), THAT obedience, loyalty and faith will be justly awarded with 40 Virgins and buckets of gold in the la-la land of eternity. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : He never came back for it. He caught it going away from Brady. There was an initial bobble, but he gains control with a foot down right on the 30. That was a first down.

It's not where his foot is, it's where the ball is located when secured.  There was zero forward progress.  I looked at the play frame by frame over 10 times and have to say the ref made the right ball placement. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanofthegame99. Show fanofthegame99's posts

The only thing better than being in attendence and watching the Colts win last night (and seeing classless Patriot fans being ejected from the game) is getting on this discussion and hearing the crybaby accusations from clueless fans.

To legitimate Patriot fans who appreciate the game, I have enjoyed the rivaly for the past many years.  These teams are the class of the NFL.  Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are truly class guys who do it right.  Both teams are riddled with injuries and still find a way to battle.

Here's to many more classics between two dynasty teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

1-800-WAA-WAAA