Public Service Announcement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Public Service Announcement

In response to russgriswold's comment:

It's the most ridiculous thing ever. Let's deal Pete Peeters after a Vezina season in 1983 and then pretend Moffatt or DOug Keans are SC level goalies. I could go on and on.  All he cared about was making the postseasons.

Peeters won the Vezina in 1983.  He had two very average seasons and was dealt in 1985.

More stuff you try to peddle and fail.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Since the 1979 expansion or even 1982 with a NJ or Atlanta moving to Calgary, only 4 teams from each conference played in the playoffs?
    LOL!

My post says "divisional".

As you would say, your reading comprehension is terrible.

The B's played in the Adams Division.  There was also the Patrick, Norris and Smythe.  The top four teams in each division made the playoffs.

Hockey History 101.

You know so little, it's amazing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They were never going to re-up Orr. Ever.

100% wrong.  100% a lie.

Typical Rusty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

False. I said they needed to get something for him.  They got NOTHING for him. They were never going to re-up Orr. Ever.

They knew that by 1975. They let him play two more seasons. Jacobs didn't want to take the hit.

Face it, you are a Jacobs apologist. You're showing it now.  Above, you just said Kessel and Seguin were good picks, too. Why on earth would you have top 5 picks and not like your picks? Neither are on the team, you moron!

Okay, step by step.

1.  You said they traded him and they didn't get enough in return.  There is no denying it.  You were blown up by everyone for it.

2.  In 1974-75, he lead the league in scoring.

3.  It's a proven fact that the B's offer to Orr included part ownership of the team.  It's a proven fact that his agent never delivered the offer.  This is not up for debate or dispute.

4.  Kessel and Seguin were good picks.  Both were integral parts to the team winning the Cup in 2011.  Kessel was traded because he wanted too much money.  The B's got the Seguin pick and the Hamilton pick in return.  Nice trade, also.  Seguin was traded because he wasn't doing a very good job of being an adult and a pro.  That doesn't take away from the fact that he's an incredible hockey player.  The GM just couldn't deal with his partyboy ways any longer.

So, once again, you've been dismantled.  You really should let this go.  Each time you click "Add your post", you look even more stupid...if that's even possible.

Tears.  TEARS!

Isn't it amazing how he knew what the B's thought in 74-5 when he wasn't even born yet?

Never even saw Orr play!

Obviously born a troll.

Oh, did you hear he claimed to play division 1 hockey for UNC.   BWAHAHAHAHA!

I played through high school. Div 1.  Almost won the state title as senior . PLayed with kids drafted.  Know aN NHL player now who was 2 years behind me.

I don't need to defend myself.  You trolls are all the same. Claiming you aren't trolls, then align and troll.

Who cares if I wasn't born when Orr was playing? My parents had season tickets after they got married right as Orr arrived. I've heard all the stories.  Greatest player ever. But, to let him go knowing you were't going to resign him was a mistake. It set them back years. They coudn't compete with MOntreal or then the Islanders in the early 1980s. Even when they got close, it showed up.  Not enough. 

You aren't a hockey guy. I can tell. You're not even a football guy. Anyone who only loves the QB, doesn't know football.

When JAcobs bought the team, one of the first things he did besides raise ticket prices was shrink the beer cup sizes, raise the price, etc. Instead of couting kegs, he counted cups. I know this because my dad's cousin was a beer vendor.  He told them to keep the cups and just come back to stick it to old jeremy.

Any legit Bruins fan defending Jeremy Jacobs is a moron.

Jagr was cheaper than Iginla, hence why we ended up with Iginla. They could have sold him an a new deal in the works for him if they wanted. They did none of this

We lost the Cup because Jagr sucks, is 42 years old, slow not physcial, won't play D, is a turnover machine and I predicted it all.

That's why NAS follows me here.  I called it, he didn't like it as a homer Jacobs lover, an owner and team that can do no wrong, and he hates to admit I was right.

Now, we sign Iginla? Could we have mucked that up anymore?  Only with Jacobs.

[/QUOTE]

Laced up my first pair of skates when I was 4.  Many, many years before you were apparently illegitimately born.

Sincerely doubt a pansy like you EVER played a team sport as you have no concept of the meaning of T.E.A.M.  NONE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That;s even worse!  Who cares about giving Orr ownership stake?  THat's great that they were trying to be nice, but this a business.

Are you telling me they couldn't have sat down with Orr, personally, and had that tough talk with him about his career ending and him being dealt would help the Bruins moving forward?

Orr was injured, but the season before he won the Norris (that's the defenseman of the year trophy), Pearson (MVP as voted by the players) and Art Ross (scoring title).  No one knew his injuries were as bad as they were.

Who cares about ownership?  Any player on Earth would take an 18.6% stake in a team instead of a contract to play for a few years.  How dumb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am peddling the fact Peeters won the Vezina, Sinden and jacobs gutted our teams and the scapegoated the goalie? That's a routine they would repeat a lot in the future. You name the goalie in Boston and that goalie, regardless of success level, they would be shown the door.

The mid 1980s Bruins teams sucked! 

Sinden would reel off a great trade like Pederson for Neely, but then he would take two steps back by trading off someone else who needed a new contract, taking 2 steps back.

Don't deny it. It's what they did!  THey were NEVER genuine about trying to win a Cup except for that '90 team. They ignored the 3rd and 4th line quality, which is what caught up to them vs Edmonton that year.

Lucky us.

"Sinden would reel off a great trade like Pederson for Neely, but then he would take two steps back by trading off someone else who needed a new contract, taking 2 steps back."

Like whom?

"THey were NEVER genuine about trying to win a Cup except for that '90 team."

What about '88?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Since the 1979 expansion or even 1982 with a NJ or Atlanta moving to Calgary, only 4 teams from each conference played in the playoffs?
    LOL!

The B's played in the Adams Division.  There was also the Patrick, Norris and Smythe.  The top four teams in each division made the playoffs.

Hockey History 101.

But NAS, he knows Keith Aucoin! That must mean he's an expert. Bwahaha seriously queenie how do you not know it was division-based playoffs? I thought you went to hundreds of games? You didn't find it odd that the Bruins would play Hartford, Montreal, Buffalo or Quebec every single year in the first and second rounds?  LMAO @ U

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

*pops over from the Bruins board with a bowl of popcorn and cracks a beer*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's just off the top of my head. We walked from Charlie Simmer away in what, '87?  He would have helped in '88, don't ya think? Gee, we don't need 30 goal scorers? I met his hot daugher at a bar in Seattle 2 years ago.   He married a playmate.  I don't think I need to elaborate of her hotness.

Charlie Simmer played 50 games for Pitt in 1988, scored 11 goals and retired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

LOL!

Hockey History 101.

But NAS, he knows Keith Aucoin! That must mean he's an expert. Bwahaha seriously queenie how do you not know it was division-based playoffs? I thought you went to hundreds of games? You didn't find it odd that the Bruins would play Hartford, Montreal, Buffalo or Quebec every single year in the first and second rounds?  LMAO @ U

Keith Aucoin?

lol

I didn't claim to play in the NFL like you. THat was hilarious. Now, you're career is at a movie theather.

NAS brought up divisional round crap, not me.  The recipe for Jacobs was that Boston would make the playoffs with a competitive team, but they would NEVER go the extra mile to try to build a winner.

The playoff formatting has nothing to do with 8 teams in each conference qualifying.

That just seems like another nonsensical attempt to deflect from the topic.

I claimed I played in the NFL? I've posted about 70 times and there was no mention of me playing professional sports. So surprising that you lied again. Actually, since you must know, I work in finance queenie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who? Dave Christian, Bobby Carpenter, Dave Poulin, Garry Galley for freaking Gord Murphy? WTFT? Gallery was superb on the PP with Bourque.

Later, Wesley to Hartford.

Moog in 1993, so we get Jon Casey?  I don't I've ever seen such a sieve. Five hole city. His technique was terrible.

Christian:  Traded in 1991.  Two years later, he was in the AHL.  Nice move.

Carpenter:  Highest goal total after leaving the B's?  11.   Nice move.

Poulin:  Scored 10 goals over two seasons after leaving Boston.  Nice move.

Galley:  Bad trade by Boston.  Can't win them all.

Glen Wesley to Hartford is one of the biggest fleece jobs in hockey history.  The B's got three first round picks for him, Samsonov, Aiken and McLaren.  That deal is still paying dividends today as the second round pick they got in the Samsonov deal was used to select Milan Lucic.

Moog for Casey:  That was a bad, bad trade.

Keep 'em coming, Rusty.  With each post, you dig deeper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A lot better than what we had on the 3rd line or 4th line here? Bruce Shoebottom is better than Charlie Simmer?

Shoebottom was a defenseman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pittsburgh SUCKED iN 1988, too. He would have had more goals for us in 1988 paired with a good center, maybe Burridge, or someone like that.  We had the good first line, so-so second line, a weak 3rd and 4th line.

It doesn't matter if Pitt was a bad team that year.  Simmer played 50 games and was out of the NHL.  Above I said he retired.  That was an error.  He just couldn't get an NHL job.

The 1988 team was good enough to make it to the Cup Finals.  No team with a weak third line makes it that far.  This is you making stuff up again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just don't have the time to break down each trade you don't understand or each draft pick you know nothing about.

But he's a few for you:  Sergei "Bust" Samsonov won the Calder Trophy.  He played in parts of seven seasons for the Bruins but had a lingering wrist injury that kept him from playing full seasons.  He played a total of 888 NHL games.  That's a bust?

Kyle McLaren was a very good #2/3 defenseman who also had some injury concerns.  He was a very good player for the Bruins.

Oates wrote his own ticket out of town by criticizing team management in the media. 

Juneau for Iafrate:  I hated that trade.

Bourque to Colorado:  Bourque played 94 games for Colorado and won the Cup.  In return for that good deed, the B's got Brian Rolston, who was a very good Boston Bruin for many years.

Thornton to SJ:  One of the worst trades in hockey history.  No one disputes that.

You can pick out bad trades for every team in the NHL...or in sports.  I'm not sure what the point of that would be.

You know what wasn't a bad trade?  When the B's traded Bobby Orr to Chicago and didn't get enough in return.  That was bad, wasn't it?  Oh wait.  That only happened in your mind.

So, back to the original point:  You make stuff up, you lie, you present incorrect opinions as fact and, even when your own words are in black and white, you try to yimmer-yammer your way out of the cold hard truth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I already looked at Simmer's career situation and knew he retired the next season. I don't care. Bruce ffEffing Shoebottom is not better than Charlie Simmer. John Carter, MOe LeMay. I could go on and on and on. And the capper is, the goalie we dealt away in 1988 came back to beat us, two years later, to boot!

Yet, you like this? Why?

Also, Pittsburgh SUCKED in 1987/1988.  So, give him about 5-10 more goals playing alongside Ken Linesman or someone like that here. You pretending a hack like a Shoebottom or someone like that on the bottom part of the roster is better, is pathetic.

All those goofy named players that everyone asked "Who"? were asking who for a reason. We used to chuckle about it all the time. 

All of this BS is lighting up a team that lost in the Finals to one of the greatest teams in the history of hockey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

School's out.

You wanted a hockey convo, Rusty.  You've been trying to drag me into one here for a while.  I've politely avoided it, but seeing as you'll never show your face over at the B's side since being run out of town, this had to happen.

Now, stick to football.  Bobby Orr was never traded.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And because I simply can't resist, though I tried:

All I know is the guy had a native American based name and sucked!

Shoebottom's an Old English name, not a Native American based name, so I guess you don't even know that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That is not the discussion. The premise is Jacobs was concerned more about the business than trying to win a Cup for 30 years before the last lockout.  FACT.

Whether or not we could have uspset Edmonton in 1988 is irrelevant.  Did you get dropped on your head more than once as a baby?

Actually, the discussion was you talking out of your behind and getting hung out to dry for it.

Case in point:  "Fact is, those late 70s teams were nothing but a hardworking, entertaining team but dealing Orr and getting really nothing back..."

You can make up a lot of things and try to talk you way out of them.  Any good hockey mind knows that Orr signed in Chicago as a free agent and that Alan Eagleson screwed Orr.  You suggested that Orr was traded and the whole Eagleson affair didn't even exist.

You try to get away from the topic by talking about bad trades Harry Sinden made, and that was fun to bury you on about for a bit, but let's remember why this discussion exists.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Finally, I have absolutely NO DESIRE at all to talk hockey with a googly eyed Bruins fanboy homer like you. We used to make fun of homer fans like you with your Leach or Heinze jersey lining Jacobs's pockets. lmao

There are at least 10 posts from you here on the Pats side in which you try to engage me in a hockey convo.  Now, of course, reviewing this here thread, you don't want to any longer.

I can understand that.  If I looked this stupid, I'd avoid it also.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am well aware Orr wasn't traded. We SHOULD have traded him a year earlier because it was clear they were not going to resign him in 1975. He;s knees were gone by '74 for chrissakes.

In the '74-75 season, he won the Norris, Pearson and Art Ross.  You may not be aware of it, but a defeseman winning the scoring title isn't very common.  In fact, Orr's the only one to do it.  So, according to you, he accomplished this feat with his knees gone?

Once again, this is you just making stuff up.

You can't post more than three sentences without being a fraud.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

I am well aware Orr wasn't traded. We SHOULD have traded him a year earlier because it was clear they were not going to resign him in 1975. He;s knees were gone by '74 for chrissakes.

In the '74-75 season, he won the Norris, Pearson and Art Ross.  You may not be aware of it, but a defeseman winning the scoring title isn't very common.  In fact, Orr's the only one to do it.  So, according to you, he accomplished this feat with his knees gone?

[/QUOTE]

I use to think he was just an overzealous poster who went a little to far to prove a point but your right, he is a fraud.  After today were he said the fumbles were all on Brady, he is beyond irrational. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was in a football forum talking football and a hockey discussion broke out!

Bada, Bing! 

Thank you, thank you very much! I will be here all weekend.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I was in a football forum talking football and a hockey discussion broke out!

Bada, Bing! 

Thank you, thank you very much! I will be here all weekend.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

[QUOTE]

I use to think he was just an overzealous poster who went a little to far to prove a point but your right, he is a fraud.  After today were he said the fumbles were all on Brady, he is beyond irrational. 

I said what? I said the "fumbles are all on Brady"? Please post where I said this.  I am irrational with you lying?

Why would I say fumbles by a TE or RBs are on Brady?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you had to much to drink or one of your other personalities took over,  but I swear I seen that in the game discussion thread too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I said what? I said the "fumbles are all on Brady"? Please post where I said this.  I am irrational with you lying?

Why would I say fumbles by a TE or RBs are on Brady?

Maybe you had to much to drink or one of your other personalities took over,  but I swear I seen that in the game discussion thread too.

False.  I was scanning the game thread for a minute last night from my phone while out with some friends. There was a break and I saw "3 turnovers", so I asked what they were. Finally, Hot BLitz was nice enough to simply answer.

I saw other stupid comments of very sensitive people after Brady's INT, but I never blamed Brady for the fumbles.

So preposterous. CSylvia is basically trolling at this point lying. I don't even know what he is talking about whatsoever.

I can't ask a simple question?  Some of you people need some help. You really do.

[/QUOTE]

Brady turned it over 3 times already?  Here we go..brady sucks, blame the d.

OK, this is asking a question?  You typed it not me. You are so looking for him to fail or to be at fault to prove yourself right everything you say has to be slanted or a dig.  I get it you think Brady has ruined the team since 2007. We all do but man give it a rest.

The other statement was by one of your jet trolls, I think pretending to be you.  I had to look back to make sure.  I'm man enough to admit it if I'm wrong.  You make it so easy for them to parody you because your so unreasonable and polarized in your view.