Pure class: Buccaneers announce Eric LeGrand signing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pure class: Buccaneers announce Eric LeGrand signing

No real tie to the Patriots, though BB and Schiano are close but it's a great story nonetheless:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/02/pure-class-buccaneers-announce-eric-legrand-signing/

Legrand Schiano AP

A little over four months into 2012, we have a new front-runner for Feel-Good Story of the Year, Presented by Kleenex.

Eric LeGrandwould have been eligible for the recently-completed NFL draft, but a spinal injury that left the Rutgers defensive tackle paralyzed from the neck down tragically ended any dream the player may have had of moving on to the next level.

Thanks to his former coach, however, LeGrand will get to symbolically live out that dream.

In a press release, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced “that they signed college free agent DT Eric LeGrand.”  The Bucs are coached by Greg Schiano, who was the Scarlet Knights’ head coach when LeGrand’s playing career tragically cut short while covering a kickoff during an October, 2010 game against Army.

“Leading up to the draft, I couldn’t help but think that this should’ve been Eric’s draft class,” said Schiano in a statement. “This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit, and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men.”

What an amazingly awesome and classy gesture by both Schiano and the Buccaneers.

LeGrand will graduate next fall, and has embarked on what’s turning into a very successful broadcasting career. God bless Eric as he continues his remarkable and inspirational recovery, and God bless Coach Schiano for what he described as a “small gesture” that in reality is a pretty big — and really cool — deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Re: Pure class: Buccaneers announce Eric LeGrand signing

Great story! Thanks for posting

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nice to hear positive news in todays world.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Pure class: Buccaneers announce Eric LeGrand signing:
    [QUOTE]Nice to hear positive news in todays world.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

These are the types of stories we all like to hear.  Awesome!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Heard about this story yesterday and man, what a classy coach and great thing the Bucs organization did here.  Sometimes people surprise and amaze me by just how big of a heart they have.  This would be one of those times.  Great stuff!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Great story thanks for posting. Its sad that this story isn't as highly publicised as Clemens steroid trial or any oter bad news sports stories. Gives me a reason to pull for Tampa in the NFC now.