put Edelman on kick return , let mcc concentrate on safety.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

put Edelman on kick return , let mcc concentrate on safety.

MCC got the td but that lane opened up wide enough that any returner would have hit it...

after the inexcusable fumble (with 2:05 left where was the coach telling him to take a knee?) he was completely timid.

stop it before he gets nicked up and you lose your fastest cover guy /playmaker on defense...!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: put Edelman on kick return , let mcc concentrate on safety.

I'll be in the minority I'm sure, but I'd take it a step further.  With the rule changes I would take the touchback if the kick was over the goal line.  I'd only run it out if the ball was caught in the air in the field of play.  Teams are trying to force a return because it is now a low percentage gain.  Even guys with plenty of leg are coached to force a return.  For every one you break you are stuffed inside the 20 several times.  It's no big deal to start a drive at the 20.  With my strategy you avoid injuries and turnovers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree with that. I also don't like seeing welker return punts. He's too valuable on offense and takes a beating there too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with that. I also don't like seeing welker return punts. He's too valuable on offense and takes a beating there too.

[/QUOTE]

agree partially ...  I don't think punt return is as dangerous and having sure hands and experience catching the ball at your 10 yard line is critical .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Keep DMC on kick return, put Edelman on punt return.  I don't want to see Welker out there returning punts anymore.  Let Welker play the slot, don't need him getting hurt returning punts.  Let Edelman play punt returned, CB, safety anything other then over Welker in the slot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree partially ...  I don't think punt return is as dangerous and having sure hands and experience catching the ball at your 10 yard line is critical .

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that too coolade, a punt returner has to be the most sure handed player,  muffing a punt often times loses games. I liked Edelman back there, he's been dependable and losing him wouldn't hurt like the loss of Welker would.