Putting the Welker dropped pass to lose the Super Bowl to rest!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Putting the Welker dropped pass to lose the Super Bowl to rest!

In response to ATJ's comment:

Apparently effective cap managment is considered 'cheap'.  As digger points out they spread the money around and are highly selective with respect to who gets the higher salaries. 

all well and good and with all due respect to u and digger and "cheap" is obviously a soundbyte to stir things up a little but the flaws in the argument is we will see how well this approach works when Brady is gone-and that includes drafting-and the fact that spending more for a few more FA's or holding on to some others may have put a team that has come close over the top...saving money while Brady ages and the game evolves may not be such "smart" business after all...and lets face it, playing in that division makes this approach work in the regular season quite well but...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

tuck rule, john kasey, billy cundiff...

Walt Coleman properly interpreted the rule as written

If the FG is good, the Ravens only make it to OT. No guarantee of victory

Kasey out of bounds was a bonehead play. Good teams take advantage of bonehead plays

But, fair enough. I can admit the Patriots were the "beneficiaries of a little good fortune" along the way

Meanwhile if someone here just hints the NYG got "lucky" in SB 42/46, you interpret it as a personal insult, insist luck had nothing to do with it, and get all "Eli 2, Tom 0" on them

But okay...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

tuck rule, john kasey, billy cundiff...

Walt Coleman properly interpreted the rule as written

If the FG is good, the Ravens only make it to OT. No guarantee of victory

Kasey out of bounds was a bonehead play. Good teams take advantage of bonehead plays

But, fair enough. I can admit the Patriots were the "beneficiaries of a little good fortune" along the way

Meanwhile if someone here just hints the NYG got "lucky" in SB 42/46, you interpret it as a personal insult, insist luck had nothing to do with it, and get all "Eli 2, Tom 0" on them

But okay...

people here dont "hint" a thing-that wouldn't bother me...they do what all sore losers and classless fans do, which is whine and make disparaging remarks and cherry pick and do everything they can to denigrate a team they just cant seem to beat-so dont give them a pass or make them sound like innocents-anything but...

i like the way you "interpret" the three things I posted ie: to the pats benefit, especially the kasey gaffe

here is my "interpretation: sb 42: brady got destroyed all day, couldve been sacked 10 times if he didn't just get rid of the ball and on moss's td the giants defender slipped and fell or u might have scored 3 or nothing on that drive

last drive sb 42 funny how no one mentions that eli converted 3 other 3rd and longs (11, 12 and 15) and give no credit for that wonderful play change at the line the minute he saw hobbs on burris

46? luck? hmmm throw to mnningham was probably the most perfect throw and catch in sb history and welker's drop? good teams take advantage of "bonehead" plays as per ur kasey comments

see I can do that make it work out for my team thing too!

geez u guys just gotta drop this someday...dont you?  :  )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hey, all I said was that the NYG caught a break when Welker dropped the ball. That doesnt mean, I think they were lucky to win the game. Good teams take advantage of breaks. The Giants still had to stop the Pats on 3rd down and then after getting the ball back, drive the length of the field to score (albeit against an inept Pats D). They performed well under pressure and won fair and square. A bad team would have folded or found a way to lose.

One other thing: On the tuck rule play, Brady got whacked in the head by an Oakland defender. No penalty! If anyone got gypped on that play, it was the New England Patriots. They should have been awarded 15 yards for the personal foul. With improved field position, they probably would have scored a TD rather than settle for the FG and won in regulation. Adam Vinatieri would have been just a footnote to the game

Boy, Coleman really blew that one, huh?!?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Hey, all I said was that the NYG caught a break when Welker dropped the ball. That doesnt mean, I think they were lucky to win the game. Good teams take advantage of breaks. The Giants still had to stop the Pats on 3rd down and then after getting the ball back, drive the length of the field to score (albeit against an inept Pats D). They performed well under pressure and won fair and square. A bad team would have folded or found a way to lose.

One other thing: On the tuck rule play, Brady got whacked in the head by an Oakland defender. No penalty! If anyone got gypped on that play, it was the New England Patriots. They should have been awarded 15 yards for the personal foul. With improved field position, they probably would have scored a TD rather than settle for the FG and won in regulation. Adam Vinatieri would have been just a footnote to the game

Boy, Coleman really blew that one, huh?!?

btw The Saint?