Question on taunting & excessive celebrating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Question on taunting & excessive celebrating

I saw one guy get up today and yell at some one on the other team all the way to the bench and no taunting called. Yet I saw one guy get up from the pile yelling at the guy on the ground who was also jabbering. Why was the latter called for a penalty and not the former?

You see guys constantly celebrate every little tackle, sack Int or first down and nothing is called but if some one celebrates a game winning TD or FG just a little too much a penalty is called and what constitutes too much?.

I just don't understand the reasoning of officials on either call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Question on taunting & excessive celebrating

The Brooking play was not taunting. He felt disrespected because the Vikings knew the Cowboys couldn't stop them (boohoo). I think the refs just watch that and break it up as necessary. I am also guessing that is the former incident you are talking about.

I didn't see the other play, but I would expect that it depends on what the player is saying. 

Remember a few years ago when Harrison said something to Kaeding after a missed FG? It was actually a friendly thing as they had played together in college, but Harrison was flagged for taunting.