Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Question

Sorry if I missed anything on the Colts of since they released Manning. My question is: Would the Colts still realease Manning, Addai, Dallas, and all of the other players, EVEN if they didnt get the 1st pick?? I mean Would they do it if they had gotten the 5th to maybe the 10th pick?? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: Question

In Response to Question:
    [QUOTE]Sorry if I missed anything on the Colts of since they released Manning. My question is: Would the Colts still realease Manning, Addai, Dallas, and all of the other players, EVEN if they didnt get the 1st pick?? I mean Would they do it if they had gotten the 5th to maybe the 10th pick?? 
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]
    Who knows?  They are clearly in a rebuilding mode.  Now they are trying to trade Freeney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I don't think the key is what pick they had, but rather the status of Manning. The Colts lack of success last season exposed a huge weakness, the team was built to play with a lead and be able to score pretty much at will. When having to defend teams trying to milk the clock and not in desperation mode they failed utterly. Having no viable backup was fatal. But if they were certain Manning would be back in September playing like he has played I don't think we'd see this "rebuilding". But they would still be in the same predicament in a couple years, so I think that Irsay made the right call. Most of the guys being released are well past their prime. So whether they have the #1 or the #10 it's a no-brainer. Without Manning they need a severe makeover. And you have to figure with a top 10 pick they have a shot at landing the next franchise QB. With the rookie salary cap it is easier financially to trade up as well.The era of the old Colts is over. I think Irsay finally understood this and thus canned Polian to go in a new direction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Question:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the key is what pick they had, but rather the status of Manning. The Colts lack of success last season exposed a huge weakness, the team was built to play with a lead and be able to score pretty much at will. When having to defend teams trying to milk the clock and not in desperation mode they failed utterly. Having no viable backup was fatal. But if they were certain Manning would be back in September playing like he has played I don't think we'd see this "rebuilding". But they would still be in the same predicament in a couple years, so I think that Irsay made the right call. Most of the guys being released are well past their prime. So whether they have the #1 or the #10 it's a no-brainer. Without Manning they need a severe makeover. And you have to figure with a top 10 pick they have a shot at landing the next franchise QB. With the rookie salary cap it is easier financially to trade up as well.The era of the old Colts is over. I think Irsay finally understood this and thus canned Polian to go in a new direction.
    Posted by Bubthegrub12[/QUOTE]

Bub is right on the money with his observations...as usual.