Quick? before the Draft...please help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Quick? before the Draft...please help

OK... soo I have been reading some posts on here...and I have been reading through some BB interviews recently... and I know the draft is right around the corner.. I keep hearing about "the calm before the storm" and the patriots most likely dealing some picks around draft time... My question is: Can somebody please supply a list of some Veteran Talent who are even left that could be dealt to the Pats for some of our picks??? I dont want to give up on hopes that we may actually trade picks for Veteran talent just because we didnt grab Marshall, but I am trying to figure out any Big name Veteran players who may still be dealt. Anyone??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Quick? before the Draft...please help

In Response to Quick? before the Draft...please help:
    OK... soo I have been reading some posts on here...and I have been reading through some BB interviews recently... and I know the draft is right around the corner.. I keep hearing about "the calm before the storm" and the patriots most likely dealing some picks around draft time... My question is: Can somebody please supply a list of some Veteran Talent who are even left that could be dealt to the Pats for some of our picks??? I dont want to give up on hopes that we may actually trade picks for Veteran talent just because we didnt grab Marshall, but I am trying to figure out any Big name Veteran players who may still be dealt. Anyone??
    Posted by reegz04

This is just my personal opinion but here it is, I don't think the Patriots trade for veterans on draft day we can trade some Patriots out but not any in from other teams.
    Light, LM, McGowan or Sanders, AD are those who I think have a chance of been traded for picks.

Reason I don't think there are any trades inbound is the amount of players expected to be cut after draft day.  Once a team has gotten their player in the draft some high paid players because of no cap penalty are going to be cut.  Can't say who it will be but I believe the Pats will do some shopping then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Quick? before the Draft...please help:
    In Response to Quick? before the Draft...please help : This is just my personal opinion but here it is, I don't think the Patriots trade for veterans on draft day we can trade some Patriots out but not any in from other teams. Light, LM, McGowan or Sanders, AD are those who I think have a chance of been traded for picks. Reason I don't think there are any trades inbound is the amount of players expected to be cut after draft day.  Once a team has gotten their player in the draft some high paid players because of no cap penalty are going to be cut.  Can't say who it will be but I believe the Pats will do some shopping then.
    Posted by Pats7393

Maybe not specifically on draft day, but in general, we have traded for veterans for draft picks.

the Patriots sent their 2007 second- and seventh-round draft picks to Miami for Wes Welker. Raiders trade Moss to Patriots for 4th-round pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Quick? before the Draft...please help : Maybe not specifically on draft day, but in general, we have traded for veterans for draft picks. the Patriots sent their 2007 second- and seventh-round draft picks to Miami for Wes Welker. Raiders trade Moss to Patriots for 4th-round pick
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Yes but this year with no salary cap penalties teams will be able to dump salaries and release players (ala AD).  Once they feel they have those holes filled through the draft no need to trade for players when there are going to be plenty without a job.  Same thought as to why some feel there's no trade value for AD, teams now he's likely to be released so they'll wait and bring him in for a cheaper price than if they traded for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I don't think the Patriots will be buyers either but if they are a buyer pre draft I think it is Morrison (the only player left I have any intrest in) who they could get for pick #53 and they would get Morrison and #138 in return (one of two 5th round picks Oakland owns) as compensation to ballance out the deal.

I also agree the Patriots will have a chance to sign some really good players in the June secondary market. As there is No cap hit for teams releasing these Vets. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think the Patriots will be buyers either but if they are a buyer pre draft I think it is Morrison (the only player left I have any intrest in) who they could get for pick #53 and they would get Morrison and #138 in return (one of two 5th round picks Oakland owns) as compensation to ballance out the deal. I also agree the Patriots will have a chance to sign some really good players in the June secondary market. As there is No cap hit for teams releasing these Vets. 
    Posted by DaBlade

I agree with this statement. But I'd like to see if we can flip them AD and our 6th to try to get the 5th back to up to the 4th or if Al didn't take his pills that day a 3rd, but Morrison and Jackson are the only 2 I'd want in a trade and Jackson isn't happening

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Wonder if Uncle Al would take AD and our 4th for Morrison?  He might bite.  What is ADs 40 time? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

PatsEng... Jackson is a pipe dream I agree but if he was available I would try to get him.
    AD will be cut I think even uncle Al isn't that dumb to trade for him.