Quit all the doom and gloom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Quit all the doom and gloom

Yes, the Patriots played terrible today and that's an understatement. There was an outrageous amount of penalties, and the offense couldn't get anything going. With less penalties we would have had the chance to get something going. We just need to look at the loss a little differently.

The Patriots are still getting Synched on offense. Brady has been out a year and Welker has been hurt. It's going to take a little time for Brady to become Brady again. If he is still struggling in a few weeks then start worrying, but it's only week 2. They can't get anything done in the redzone, but they are going to practice that like no other with how terrible they have been there the last two weeks. Give it time.

The Patriots weren't terrible on defense. Mayo is out and there are many players new to the system. Give it a couple weeks and they have the chance to be dominant.

All I am saying is that the Patriots are either rusty or green. Give it a little while. They have the talent to be dominant, they just need to get everything together. Don't go saying the season is over after week 2. There was only a one score difference in the game. They didn't lose 44 - 0. With better redzone play, the game could have been 21 - 16. Just give them time to play with each other before throwing the team under the bus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

Re: Quit all the doom and gloom

In Response to Quit all the doom and gloom:
    [QUOTE]Yes, the Patriots played terrible today and that's an understatement. There was an outrageous amount of penalties, and the offense couldn't get anything going. With less penalties we would have had the chance to get something going. We just need to look at the loss a little differently. The Patriots are still getting Synched on offense. Brady has been out a year and Welker has been hurt. It's going to take a little time for Brady to become Brady again. If he is still struggling in a few weeks then start worrying, but it's only week 2. They can't get anything done in the redzone, but they are going to practice that like no other with how terrible they have been there the last two weeks. Give it time. The Patriots weren't terrible on defense. Mayo is out and there are many players new to the system. Give it a couple weeks and they have the chance to be dominant. All I am saying is that the Patriots are either rusty or green. Give it a little while. They have the talent to be dominant, they just need to get everything together. Don't go saying the season is over after week 2. There was only a one score difference in the game. They didn't lose 44 - 0. With better redzone play, the game could have been 21 - 16. Just give them time to play with each other before throwing the team under the bus.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Shoulda, coulda, woulda:  bottom line - we were outplayed in every phase of the game - that's it, all she wrote.  We deserved to lose and did.  Now we got to dummy up and play better next week.  Our schedule has little regard for a one-game burp.  In fact, no we're scheduled to play will give a rat's patootie about this week.  Bottom line:  our special teams leave alot to be desired (face it, they reek), our defense isn't all that great in crunch time, and, I never thought I'd think this, our offense is tentative, passive, and not indicative of a team that will win many games.  For the love of Pete, we've wasted more red-zone opportunitiues in two weeks than most team will in half a season.  Field goals don't win games, TD's do, and at the end of the day, we're not scoring TDs.  You figure out the math.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Quit all the doom and gloom

In Response to Re: Quit all the doom and gloom:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Quit all the doom and gloom : Shoulda, coulda, woulda:  bottom line - we were outplayed in every phase of the game - that's it, all she wrote.  We deserved to lose and did.  Now we got to dummy up and play better next week.  Our schedule has little regard for a one-game burp.  In fact, no we're scheduled to play will give a rat's patootie about this week.  Bottom line:  our special teams leave alot to be desired (face it, they reek), our defense isn't all that great in crunch time, and, I never thought I'd think this, our offense is tentative, passive, and not indicative of a team that will win many games.  For the love of Pete, we've wasted more red-zone opportunitiues in two weeks than most team will in half a season.  Field goals don't win games, TD's do, and at the end of the day, we're not scoring TDs.  You figure out the math.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what i'm saying. They look terrible, but they have the talent to bounce back. Once they get some chemistry they can bounce back from these two games.