1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Raiders 1st Round Draft Pick Next Year

I say we go after one of these prospects:

Mark Ingram,RB
    Evan Royster,RB
    DeMarco Murray,RB
    Julio Jones,WR
    Austin Pettis,WR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Raiders 1st Round Draft Pick Next Year

I say use it as a trade for this year's draft and get some value now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Raiders 1st Round Draft Pick Next Year:
    I say we go after one of these prospects: Mark Ingram,RB Evan Royster,RB DeMarco Murray,RB Julio Jones,WR Austin Pettis,WR
    Posted by deman3392
    How about hoping that the Raiders stink so badly that they finish with the worst record in the NFL in 2010. that way they can draft any player they want! Right now depending on this draft crop I would have Ingram and Romulus at the top of my 2011 draft board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Mark ingram is definitly worth waiting for, keep the pick and hope the pats draft him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

CB Patrick Peterson is the man

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

This was discussed a while back. While it's fun to throw around names for consideration, actually attempting to forecast the pick this far removed from 2011 is worthless. There is just too much football to be played between now and next April to get an accurate picture of who the next elite prospects are. We have a nebulous idea now, but remember, James Laurinaitis was projected as a top-15 pick in 2008, but ended up going in the second round of 2009. That said, here's some names I think Pats fans should watch for 2011:

Julio Jones - WR
    Mark Ingram - RB
    A.J. Green - WR
    Greg Romeus - DE/OLB
    Patrick Peterson - CB

And these are just the big names that I can think of now. There's a whole host of names in consideration. However, I think that the 2011 Raiders pick will be of a skill-position player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ehop14. Show Ehop14's posts

Mark Ingram all the way!! I would probably cry if we got him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Since no one is saying it, there is a slight chance that Belichick trades down if this pick is top 5 into the 8-15 range and gets the player he wants anyway and an extra pick. Romeus and Peterson could be in that range. I realise this is not a popular view, however, if Suh was available (eg: Seymour revisited) then BB keeps the pick and drafts him. Still alot of college ball to be played, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I hope they keep it.  Why trade it off and use it this year if there isn't a prospect out there like Julio Jones, Ingram, Romeus, etc.  I think the first of the 1st roudn of next years draft will be even better than this year.  Sure, this year might be a deep draft.. but I think more playmakers come out next year, but that's just me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

take a look at who was being considered as top picks for this draft at this time last year. you probably wont recognize most of them. greg hardy was considered a lock as a top 5 or 10 pick. now he is considered a 5th or 6th round pick. meaning: its way to early for this! 

In Response to Raiders 1st Round Draft Pick Next Year:
    I say we go after one of these prospects: Mark Ingram,RB Evan Royster,RB DeMarco Murray,RB Julio Jones,WR Austin Pettis,WR
    Posted by deman3392

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Raiders 1st Round Draft Pick Next Year:
    Mark ingram is definitly worth waiting for, keep the pick and hope the pats draft him
    Posted by R3S1N20

actually the other RB 'Bama has is better than Ingram

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Raiders 1st Round Draft Pick Next Year : actually the other RB 'Bama has is better than Ingram
    Posted by kansaspatriot

You know what KansasPat, you're damn right. Trent Richardson is his name and he's going into his 2nd yr. He is WAY more explosive than Ingram. But I think Ingram may have the better vision and sets up blockers better. But why wait for blockers when you outrun nearly everyone on the field, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Since no one is saying it, there is a slight chance that Belichick trades down if this pick is top 5 into the 8-15 range and gets the player he wants anyway and an extra pick. ...
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

i believe he trades down only becasue he does not think the value of early first rounders to a team does not warrant the salaries they command. that changes if there is a rookie salary cap. he may keep oakland's pick next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Hanah, I dont think Peterson makes it out the top 5, he is that good barring injury.  I am not sure the Oak pick will be high enough to get him.