Raiders looking to deal Burgess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Raiders looking to deal Burgess

The Raiders want a 3rd or 4th rd pick for Burgess,  The Pats should make this deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=146946

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Raiders looking to deal Burgess

Why they are going to cut him at some point in time cause he isn't in their plans and he is a big cap hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

I see that Uncle Al has moments of lucidity in the midst of his senility: 3rd or 4th round pick is the best he can get for Burgess.

If Burgess comes to the Pats, Oakland may take Miami's place as the KC Athletics to the New York Yankees relationship of the 1950's and 1960's (where KC traded various players to NY that later became big stars in the Bronx - most notably, Roger Maris).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

The story reads 3rd AND 4th round picks. Too steep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Old Al is senile. He won't get two picks for Burgess! Not unless Mike Ditka gets a job as a GM!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Darn.....I was being hopeful that there might be a dim light bulb occasionally flashing in Al's head....3rd and 4th round picks.....he has now proven himself to be totally delusional.....LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: Raiders looking to deal Burgess:
    [QUOTE]Darn.....I was being hopeful that there might be a dim light bulb occasionally flashing in Al's head....3rd and 4th round picks.....he has now proven himself to be totally delusional.....LOL!!!
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

I've thought that was an undisputed fact for a few years now!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Bub - I was just being sarcastic....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Al finally realized that if a player doesn't want to play for you and will be sitting on the bench for over 2 million per year and it is the last year of his contract you are better off trading him. I think we should offer a 4th and someone who we are gonna cut after training camp.  That would allow al to save face if he got a player too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Bub - I was just being sarcastic....
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

I know, so was I!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]The story reads 3rd AND 4th round picks. Too steep.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Pats can afford to wait on this one, who knows what up with Crable and Guyton is still and undrafted FA.   I like Guyton, but it's not wise to expect him to fill the starting role this year.   Burgess is the answer for the Pats right now, and with training camp starting along with injuries, another team will eventually make a move.  The Pats have to throw in some offers, it's August not April.  No time to wait anymore.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Well that is what BB is best at doing- playing the waiting game. He is very disciplined  and knows the other team is more likely to panic or to fold. He allowed Mayo to slip to #10 last year, and this year, allowed Butler to drop out of the 1st round entirely!

The longer he waits, the lower the compensation for Burgess. They have a fixed value compensation for Burgess, and if the Raiders drop to that level, they will get him.