Randy Moss HOF uniform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Randy Moss HOF uniform

Kind of off topic for mid season and still a productive career, but, as of now, what uniform does Moss wear to the Hall of Fame?

I just watched this Youtube vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AduLRhKSh78

and thought, he has a career worth's of highlights in just his 2 Pat's seasons. So does he enter the HOF as a Pat or does he need a ring to make that choice?

My vote: Pat all the way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Randy Moss HOF uniform

In Response to Randy Moss HOF uniform:
    [QUOTE]Kind of off topic for mid season and still a productive career, but, as of now, what uniform does Moss wear to the Hall of Fame? I just watched this Youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AduLRhKSh78 and thought, he has a career worth's of highlights in just his 2 Pat's seasons. So does he enter the HOF as a Pat or does he need a ring to make that choice? My vote: Pat all the way.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

There's no uniform or helmet in the football HOF, only a bust.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I realize that, but most candidates that played for multiple teams "see" themselves as going in as a member of a certain team. Will Moss consider himself a Vike or Pat? You don't think Jerry rice considers himself A HOF Raiders receiver do you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I think it depends on how long he stays a Patriot and how much he accomplishes while he's still here. 

If he's gone after next year because we decide to move on, then definitely he goes in as a Viking.  But if they resign him and he stays in New England til he's done and ends up winning a SB, then i'd say a Patriot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakie311. Show oakie311's posts

If he goes in as a Vike, then people will have the perception of how he not just played but ACTED as a Vike.  If he goes in as a Pat, he will be remembered only of his playing skills since he has been a role model here.  Just my thoughts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~ALL ANYone has to do is forward tha bottom scroll to what I was waiting for since the very beginning, It's @ about 3:23 I believe, The one Brady connection to Moss during the Perfect Season run...2 Miami Defenders on him, and Moss catches it in the Endzone, both Miami guys fall down, and Moss just looks at them saying to the effect of, "Oh...I didn't know you guys were even there this time (need me to help either of you up?)."  Good God, The Great Ones make it look so effortless, Don' They?  

Exceptional find Jedinate...Good music, This one's a Keeper.  I think to determine IF Moss goes in as a Patriot, ALL one has to do is show Moss this Vid, and ask Him, "Do You like Tom Brady throwing to You, OR Did you like, well, whomever else was throwing you the ball in your years of 'wasting away' your talent?"  1 Problem, I don't think even Moss thought He'd have this many TDs with the Pats so far because He ran out of Post-TD celebratory dance moves... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

i agree. when he was with the Vikings, everyone thought he was a thug - a really good NFL player, but a thug.

since coming to the Pats now everyone sees him as a role model, a leader, and one of, if not the best WR in the league.

his career was built as a Viking, but his legacy was defined and solidified as a Patriot. let's just hope we can get him that ring!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

second best, if not the best, of all time. Depends on the rest of his career and depends on if he wins a ring. I think if he breaks, or come close to breaking Jerry Rice's TD record (career), then he should at least be in the discussion of being THE best. At this rate, he might break it.

Just imaging Brady was throwing him the ball his whole career, then you got a comparison between him and Rice in term of production. Rice had two of the greatest QBs to throw him the ball in most of his career. Moss got the like of Jeff George, Kerry Collins, Culpepper, and Cunningham (one of the better QBs) throwing him the ball for the most part.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

To add to it, Moss has 139 TDs so far at age 32. Rice at age 32 after a full season had 131 TDs. If Moss plays for another 10 years, the same as Rice, he needs to only average 5 TDs per year to break the record. Probably not out of reach.

With the skill set Moss has, I can see him getting 5-8 TDs a year into his late 30s. He will be similar to Cris Carter in the end zone if no longer a deep threat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I think, regardless of the rest of his career, these years have to be his most content and fullfilling, so he considers himself a Pat. I hope he ends his career here, many years from now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Great replys by all.

Jedinate, I hope you are right.

And who knows, if he wants to go into coaching, BB says he is the smartest WR he has ever coached...