Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

I agree, at least he FIGHTs for the ball and can catch it on his helmet while Plex draw coverage away from him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Anyone who wants to cut Moss is a fool! It's like dating Adriana Lima, but you find out that she doesn't look great when she wakes up in the morning, does that mean you dump her?

Fools! Welker wouldn't be so great without Moss-man drawing coverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]not fond of randy anyway.  first half of 07, ok.  after that, eh.  he draws double teams.  thats about it.  hes doing less of that now, and has been shut down consistently.  think brandon marshall doesn't get doubled?  or Johnson?  they FIGHT for a football, if its thrown ANYWHERE near them, FIGHT for it.  Randy, he don't catch it unless you pop it right in his drawers.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Have you ever watched football before?  Randy's "OK" first half of 2007 included 11 touchdowns in 8 games.  His "after that" included 12 touchdowns in the final 8 games, followed by 11 touchdowns (second in NFL) and 1000 yards without Brady last year, and 1,000 yards and 9 touchdowns (top 5 in NFL) this year.  

So much for "drawing double teams, that's about it" .  I'm sorry but this might be the dumbest post about football I've ever seen in my life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]He may not be Jesus but he could be one of the 4 horseman of the Apocalypse. Nuff Said. I can't believe there are people biting on this one Caesar. No Matter what we can't replace him and he's not making heaps of cash. For a bum he has over 1000 yds receiving thru 13 games. Who knows, maybe it's just me thats skrewwed up.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

People always bite. I find the harping on Moss to be appalling. I hate the media. And as much as I love PFT, I find Florio's "Randy is trying to burn his bridges to get back to the Vikings RIDICULOUS beyond all belief." Welker is a great receiver, but notice how open he always is? Part of that is Randy dragging three people to him. Like in the Dolphins game on the 58 yard reception by Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : People always bite. I find the harping on Moss to be appalling. I hate the media. And as much as I love PFT, I find Florio's "Randy is trying to burn his bridges to get back to the Vikings RIDICULOUS beyond all belief." Welker is a great receiver, but notice how open he always is? Part of that is Randy dragging three people to him. Like in the Dolphins game on the 58 yard reception by Welker.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. I hear a lot of people saying double but a lot of the time it's 3 guys. And yes, Florio is an idiot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]No brainer. Cut him. Aiken or Brandon Tate can easily replace a lazy bum who just runs post patterns all day. If not then let Welker be that guy so he can get 15 TD's a year on top of 100+ catches. He deserves it.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    this is a joke right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : Hey, I've been nice.. so please don't cut me from this board..I'm just trying to help those disgruntled fans who don't like him by offering to take him off your hands for a 7th--how aout a 6th? 
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

5 straight 1st round draft picks. Deal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

the sheer name of this thread completely disgust me. I'll be bitter if he leaves NE cause pilons like you all won't get off his back...geez enough already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]Well, it has now been conclusively established that Randy Moss is not Jesus Christ. He does not walk on water. He does not cure the sick. He will not die for our sins. And he is capable of getting bummed out when he is not performing like what he is - one of the greatest players ever. Apparently, he is capable of not giving 100% all the time, much like 99.9999% of the non-son-of-god population. Given this, and the fact that he has not approached 23 touchdowns this year, I think the reasonable question is whether we should just cut him now or wait until after the season. Thoughts?

"He will not die for our sins."

Neither did Jesus. 

And, I would cut Jesus if he had that posse with him all the time. Who does he think he is, Barry Bonds?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

I'm not ready to cast Randy out of Pats town yet.  Let's see how the rest of the season and playoffs go. 

If we let Randy go it should be on the basis of his continued value going forward.  Has he become dispondent?  None of us really know for sure. 

I'll judge him on what he does from here on out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who wants to cut Welker is a fool! It's like dating Adriana Lima, but you find out that she doesn't look great when she wakes up in the morning, does that mean you dump her? Fools! Welker wouldn't be so great without Moss-man drawing coverage.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Dating? Yep She'd be gone because I hate having to read the menu to anyone.

But if dating is a euphemism, then No. As long as she can make coffee, too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

As Much as I agree that Moss turned it off the other day, he can just as easily turn it back on. I guess when you have as much talent as he does, you can get away with a lot more (heck, it worked for Tiger up until now).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Well, it has now been conclusively established that Randy Moss is not Jesus Christ

I'm not so sure about that... he might be Jesus.  Just to be safe (and to keep defenses honest) I would keep him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I don't buy this stuff about Welker benefiting from double coverage on Moss.  Welker is a great receiver-PERIOD.  And against Miami, the Fins didn't double Moss-they doubled Welker and left Vontae alone on Moss.  They doubled Welker the entire first game and most of the second game and both times Welker caught more than Moss.  

Moss is a great talent.  But no one works harder than Welker to get open; and no one is tougher.  I thought letting Anthony Carter go was the worst move ever made by Miami--now it looks like Welker was.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

not fond of randy anyway.  first half of 07, ok.  after that, eh.  he draws double teams.  thats about it.  hes doing less of that now, and has been shut down consistently.  think brandon marshall doesn't get doubled?  or Johnson?  they FIGHT for a football, if its thrown ANYWHERE near them, FIGHT for it.  Randy, he don't catch it unless you pop it right in his drawers.
    Posted by Davedsone

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it has now been conclusively established that Randy Moss is not Jesus Christ. He does not walk on water. He does not cure the sick. He will not die for our sins. And he is capable of getting bummed out when he is not performing like what he is - one of the greatest players ever. Apparently, he is capable of not giving 100% all the time, much like 99.9999% of the non-son-of-god population. Given this, and the fact that he has not approached 23 touchdowns this year, I think the reasonable question is whether we should just cut him now or wait until after the season. Thoughts?

Didn't the Romans cut JC? Nobody is uncutable!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]I don't buy this stuff about Welker benefiting from double coverage on Moss.  Welker is a great receiver-PERIOD.  And against Miami, the Fins didn't double Moss-they doubled Welker and left Vontae alone on Moss.  They doubled Welker the entire first game and most of the second game and both times Welker caught more than Moss.   Moss is a great talent.  But no one works harder than Welker to get open; and no one is tougher.  I thought letting Anthony Carter go was the worst move ever made by Miami--now it looks like Welker was.   
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

dude no they didnt your own newspaper(the miami herald) said at times they had moss tripled covered.. when he scored his TD he had two guys trailing him...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBoater. Show YankeeBoater's posts

Randy Moss is one of a handful of receivers... in the best the league has ever seen.  Some people just want to interpret everything in terms of the labels he got early in his career from a few incidents.  Fortunately, the people making the decisions are more astute than that  The couch coaches may wag their tongues over their perceptions of his attitude... but, it's easy to check by poring over the all time NFL receiving statistics that the reality is that Randy Moss inhabits some pretty rare air, and the Patriots were lucky to get him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

It really amazes me that there are people out that are serious bout cutting or trading him. Who are these people. I hate being the guy who talks smack over the net , I really do , but these people are morons. And evidently no nothing bout sports , and have never played. When stuff hits the fan , it's "cut him" , he doesnt fight for the ball , he's lazy , so sad. Again I hate being that guy , but , they know nothing bout football. He has done things no other rec. in history has done , more yards n td's per year than Jerry Rice , had more td's in his first four years than Fitz's and Andre Johnson has in their careers , best deep threat in history(my opinion, but name me who is better in that department) , and the thing that impress' me the most. Please name me the rec. who has ,  or could put up his numbers w/ the lack of talent around him. His first year in Minne. yea they had a pretty good team , but cmon , elite team , no way! Couple good players on D , Randle , Griffeth , pretty much it. This guy has done more w/ less than any elite rec. , U think Jerry Rice is J.R. w/ Gus Frerotte throwing it to him. U think Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens put up those numbers w/ Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper(54 fumbles in 68) chucking the ball down the field. They had Montana , Young , Mcnabb , Manning , Romo(not the greatest but not Kerry Collins or Aaron Brooks) , Garcia(very underated IMHO). Randy can do things no other rec. can do and might be the most doubled covered wideout ever(I luv Fitz but please note he wasnt double that much at all in the post season last year , even w/out Q). He draws so much attention from db's and safties , helps his fellow wideouts by constantly drawing the best the corner , always is in the back of the safties mind(their always cheating to his side) n keeps em' honest in the running game. Defense's game plan for him all week and when he scores it's so demoralizing for them. He stays healthy , and wants to play , say 4 more years , he'll end his career w/ 1200 catches , 18-18500 yards , and 200 td's. This is one of those rare times as fans when we can really make a difference , by showing our support for him  , and letting him know were not a bunch of band wagon , quit as soon as our guys have a bad game idiots. I GOT YOUR BACK 81!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]the sheer name of this thread completely disgust me. I'll be bitter if he leaves NE cause pilons like you all won't get off his back...geez enough already.
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

You are, simply put, a moron.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I love when people bring up his past. Morons , In Minne. "the inmates ran the asylum" Defensive players calling out zone blitzs' and switching from zone to man at the drop of a dime(Cory Chavous , Chris Hovan). Green had lil' control and Tice was an absolute joke , pretty much going on CNN and announcing to opposing defense's "hey be sure and watch Randy cause were gonna call out a 9 route 2-3 times a qr. And Oakland , U that much of DB , whoever was playing QB , whether it be (future HOF) Aaron Brooks or Andrew Walter was sacked alomost 90 times in the 2 years he was there. 90 times , u kidding me? That's not including hurries or hits , just sacks! And how much help did have there Lamont Jordan , Jerry(lol)Porter (Ive seen more talent at King Arthers at 3 in the morning). And the D , well the gave the 2000 Ravens a run for thir money.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it has now been conclusively established that Randy Moss is not Jesus Christ. ...

I'd cut JC. He does not play football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : i know right?? a player that has 912 career receptions, 14,275 carreer receiving yards, 144 career TDs 211 of which are of 20yrds or more, 75 TDs of 40 yrds or more, 10 out of 12 seasons of a 1000 yrds or more, back to back seasons of 100 catches plus 183 games played  78.0 yrds per game avg... 25 rushing attempts for 159yrds... 8 pass attempts, 4 completions for a 106 yrds and 2 TDs (95.8 passer rating)... 18 punt returns for a 162 yrds and a TD... 23 tackles an interception, 7 fumbles recovered, 15 fumbles 10 lost.... only rookie receiver to catch 17 TDs... only receiver to catch 15 or more TDs 3 times...  must be extremely lazy... one game erases all those stats not to mention his team leading nine TDs.... lets trade him we can find another randy moss on the street
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Nice stats , but just one mistake , JR , had 15 td's 5 times , 1986 15 , 1987 22 ,1989 17 , 1993 15 , 1995 15 , but dont worry 81 will break that along w/ the total TD(197) in bout 4 yrs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

It is also just coincident that two of the most dynamic offenses in the history of NFL, the 98 Minnisota, and the 07 Pats (1st and 2nd in point scored in the history) have one thing in common.... Randy Moss?