Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. Play hard or quit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. Play hard or quit?

Sunday night Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. I liked Moss when he was here and appreciate his contributions, although I did not like the way he left. Whats it going to be? Is Moss going to come in (even as 3rd WR) and play hard every down he is on the field, or be lackadaisical and run half hearted routes when (if) the Pats get a big lead?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. Play hard or quit?

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sunday night Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. I liked Moss when he was here and appreciate his contributions, although I did not like the way he left. Whats it going to be? Is Moss going to come in (even as 3rd WR) and play hard every down he is on the field, or be lackadaisical and run half hearted routes when (if) the Pats get a big lead?

[/QUOTE]
    He was one my favorite Patriots.  I expect him to have a good game and it should be a very close game.  I would imagine that it will be a much closer game than the Texans game, which was also a very surprising outcome. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was one my favorite Patriots.  I expect him to have a good game and it should be a very close game.  I would imagine that it will be a much closer game than the Texans game, which was also a very surprising outcome. 

[/QUOTE]

Patriots 31-17.   (My prediction fot the the Houston game was Pat 38-24.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL G.D you guys are full of yourselves.  Yes, the Pats will put up 31 pts on the Niners D just like the, um, well......I guess no other team has put up over 30 on them this year.  In fact, we completely dominated every other top 5 O we faced this yr.  Please realize that even the Jags put up 38 points on the Texan D a couple weeks ago, so what happened Monday night - though impressive - was nothing new.

I see it more as S.F doing what we did to N.O.  Pressure on Brady and our LBs cover your TEs.  Our run game should move the ball on N.E effectively for most of the game, or at least by mid 3rd QTR.

The game will be good and I have no predictions other than that the 2 score blowouts people have overwhelmingly predicted here are ridiculous.  Kinda reminds me of 2007 when informed of Plaxico Burress' prediction before the SB, Brady chuckled and said "We're only going to score 17 points (chuckle)...OK".  Whether it's the Giants teaching you that lesson, the Ravens in 2009, or the Jets in 2010, you guys just don't learn LOL.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see it more as S.F doing what we did to N.O.  Pressure on Brady and our LBs cover your TEs. 

[/QUOTE]

Your LBs are going to cover our TEs? Wow. That will be a first this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

You know that Randy would like nothing more than to have a big day against the Pats, especially after the way things ended here.  He will come to play Sunday night.  I don't know whether or not he will be a factor, but he will be ready to give it his all.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

"We're only going to score 17 points (chuckle)...OK".  Whether it's the Giants teaching you that lesson, the Ravens in 2009, or the Jets in 2010, you guys just don't learn LOL.

[/QUOTE]

Coming from somebody who just got bounced from the playoffs at home by the Giants you probably shouldn't mention them when taunting. Bad form. LOL

And every honest fan alive knows the only reason Brady ever had to hear about that quote again is the biggest fluke catch in NFL history.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL G.D you guys are full of yourselves.  Yes, the Pats will put up 31 pts on the Niners D just like the, um, well......I guess no other team has put up over 30 on them this year.  In fact, we completely dominated every other top 5 O we faced this yr.  Please realize that even the Jags put up 38 points on the Texan D a couple weeks ago, so what happened Monday night - though impressive - was nothing new.

I see it more as S.F doing what we did to N.O.  Pressure on Brady and our LBs cover your TEs.  Our run game should move the ball on N.E effectively for most of the game, or at least by mid 3rd QTR.

The game will be good and I have no predictions other than that the 2 score blowouts people have overwhelmingly predicted here are ridiculous.  Kinda reminds me of 2007 when informed of Plaxico Burress' prediction before the SB, Brady chuckled and said "We're only going to score 17 points (chuckle)...OK".  Whether it's the Giants teaching you that lesson, the Ravens in 2009, or the Jets in 2010, you guys just don't learn LOL.

[/QUOTE]

I think it will be a very tough game. But you really underrate the Pats run D. They have done a job on some teams and top RBs this year (holding Chris Johnson to 11 yards on 4 carries). THey are currently 8th in the league in run D and 6th in average gain on running plays. This is not as good statistically as SF but it has been pretty solid this year.                                                 

YOu also suggest doing what has not worked well for anyone - putting LBs on Hernandez - Gronk will be out so you are lucky there... I do think if they use a LB on Hernandez it will not go well for that part of the D.

The key to SF winning is that they have to not just sack Brady a few times they have to pressure him frequently. Smith will likely have to be a big part of that. But as with Watt (16.5 sacks going into last weeks game and held to zero) BB will likely use a scheme to slow Smith down.

So I do think this game is up for grabs and it is a real test for both teams. I favor the Patriots because (1) they are at home (2) they O is not only easily the most prolific in the league but their running game is strong - 7th in the league - and has been able to make a difference. While their running O is not as good statistically as SF their passing game is so far ahead that it is not much of a comparison. It is in fact the real difficulty of defending BRady and his passing weapons and also being able to stop the run that makes it near impossible to shut down this offense for more than a few series.

If SF can pressure Brady all day it will change things unless they have to give up on the run D to do so - the Patriots will take advantage in that scenario. In the end the big question will be just how well can SF play offense against an improved D which has done a good job of taking away an opponents strength, on the road and in cool if not cold weather. I think the game will be anyones to win but I suspect that the Patriots will make it a two score lead (9-14 points) some time in the fourth quarter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In any case it is a good test for both the Pats and SF. Last week was a good test for the Pats and for Houston. One of those teams had their O AND their D pass that test. The other... well.... not so much.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I personally don't see Moss as being much of a factor in this game... he's only averaging 1.6 receptions per game this season.

RE: His effort... I think he's a front runner type so if things are going well for the 49ers, you may see him give a solid effort, though if BB/MP jam Talib in his face, I'd expect him to tap out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'm more worried about Kapernick running than Moss but Bill usually has a pretty solid plan for rookie QB's. This game will be closer than the Texans game. I see no blowout here. I hope I am wrong!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You faced 3 offenses in the top third of the league this year.  Detriot, Green Bay, and New Orleans are only averaging 26 ppg though, where we are scoring 36 ppg.  Kapernick will have some problems on Sunday, and Gore will meet one of the best run Ds in the league.  I usually won't make a prediction like this, but I see the pats winning by 2 scores easily

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As far as Randy goes, SF is not using him much, and to his credit he has just shut up about it and played when asked to play.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

21 catches ... not setting world on fire.  2 tds.  wouldnt be surprised to see him get  more snaps this week.   he'll be amped up for sure.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it will be a very tough game. But you really underrate the Pats run D. They have done a job on some teams and top RBs this year (holding Chris Johnson to 11 yards on 4 carries). THey are currently 8th in the league in run D and 6th in average gain on running plays. This is not as good statistically as SF but it has been pretty solid this year.                                                 

YOu also suggest doing what has not worked well for anyone - putting LBs on Hernandez - Gronk will be out so you are lucky there... I do think if they use a LB on Hernandez it will not go well for that part of the D.

The key to SF winning is that they have to not just sack Brady a few times they have to pressure him frequently. Smith will likely have to be a big part of that. But as with Watt (16.5 sacks going into last weeks game and held to zero) BB will likely use a scheme to slow Smith down.

So I do think this game is up for grabs and it is a real test for both teams. I favor the Patriots because (1) they are at home (2) they O is not only easily the most prolific in the league but their running game is strong - 7th in the league - and has been able to make a difference. While their running O is not as good statistically as SF their passing game is so far ahead that it is not much of a comparison. It is in fact the real difficulty of defending BRady and his passing weapons and also being able to stop the run that makes it near impossible to shut down this offense for more than a few series.

If SF can pressure Brady all day it will change things unless they have to give up on the run D to do so - the Patriots will take advantage in that scenario. In the end the big question will be just how well can SF play offense against an improved D which has done a good job of taking away an opponents strength, on the road and in cool if not cold weather. I think the game will be anyones to win but I suspect that the Patriots will make it a two score lead (9-14 points) some time in the fourth quarter.

[/QUOTE]

That's a fair analysis.  The Pat's D has improved and BB is a defensive genius, so his plan alone can mask any deficiencies.  I'm sure he'll have something in store for Kaep.  I don't think our LBs will "blanket" Hernandez et al, but they will make it far tougher than any D the Pats have faced.  No other team has speed at the LB position like this.

Brady is a great player and I enjoy watching him play.  We will see what happens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

depends. If you secondary ignores him, he will likely make some plays.  If the CBs are aggressive at the line....and he gets hit HARD early on....then, I'd say he'll back off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots 28 - 10

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

If its cold out he probably wont give much effort