Randy Moss: What he was saying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Randy Moss: What he was saying

First, Randy is a star and will be a star long after next year.

Over the past few weeks the press has started with, "He goes Randy again, he is always a complainer in his last year of contract and refuses to play well."

Randy was answering that yesterday.

He was saying,

"Look, I know I am in my last year of this contract and yes I would like to have a new contract, who would not? I did not hold out and stay out of camp though and I did not play with any less intensity even though I do feel unappreciated. I want to be with the Pats long term and love being here. I have the right to speak out when I feel like it, that has nothing to do with my playing.

I will have good and bad games this year and I know that you, the f-----g media will turn it into, "Randy only works when Randy wants to work!" That is on you, I am in the last year of my contract, I will play as I always have for the Pats and I will continue with or with out the Pats.

Write what you want to write, but do not put words in my mouth and say that I will slack off!"

This will be a great year for Randy I look forward watching it. I hope we sign him, but if not I trust the team is making a good decision.

This was about Randy and the f-----g press, nothing else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Randy Moss: What he was saying

He claims that he won't comment on this again this year and that he will not be available for comments after the game. If you threw out 90% of the rant and went straight to the part where he insinuated that he is doing this to get it out of the way because he doesn't want to talk about it again, It really wasn't that bad.
    I believe Carawaydj said something like he could use a speech writer and I couldn't agree more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

exactly.  He knows wat is going on.

I would be happier tho if he layed low in the next media session and they get a deal worked out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: What he was saying:
    [QUOTE]He claims that he won't comment on this again this year and that he will not be available for comments after the game. If you threw out 90% of the rant and went straight to the part where he insinuated that he is doing this to get it out of the way because he doesn't want to talk about it again, It really wasn't that bad. I believe Carawaydj said something like he could use a speech writer and I couldn't agree more.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree.  I had to defend it because the tact was poor, but the fact he wants to be here, as some of use guessed is a good thing.

I think he meant to use that time as a clearing of the air moment and it derailed quickly.

That better be it for him and I seriously would not be agaisnt NE coming to the table.

It's a win-win and I think it would put more of the onus on him to go berserk this season, rivaling his 2007 year.

The sky is the limit with this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I watched it and it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. He contradicted himself on many occasions, saying he wasn't appreciated but then again, he wanted to stay here. He said he wasn't that old yet but then he said his body was feeling age.

He'll be fine. I'm sure Belichick will talk to him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

SB ring will shut him up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

He is pi---d and a lot of what he said made little sense, "ever play yourself back after a rant."? It is never pretty, just frustration coming out, which is what that was.

That said, what a great game by all, the Pats were the best team to take any field so far this year.. Jet's will s--- tonight, count on it! Hard Knocks for real tonight

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]He is pi---d and a lot of what he said made little sense, "ever play yourself back after a rant."? It is never pretty, just frustration coming out, which is what that was. That said, what a great game by all, the Pats were the best team to take any field so far this year.. Jet's will s--- tonight, count on it! Hard Knocks for real tonight
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling after this year they might start talking about a "Hard Knocks Jinx" and nobody will want to be on the show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I listened to the entire Moss rant, every second.  I think Moss is a great player, but he should consider writing media releases in the future and actually take the time to be concise and to the point, because he sounded like a crazed man.  I give him credit for addressing the situation, but his timing was not good. 

My take aways were:

• He will play regardless of his contract situation
    • If he has a bad game this year, it's not because he's not trying
    • He understands the NFL is a business
    • He cannot understand why so many people want to see him fail
    • He is a proven commodity and has done nothing but peform since he's been here; to use a contract year as leverage or extra motivation is ridiculous because it's his job and he will do it to the best of his ability
    • He wants to be here; being "appreciated" means getting an extension prior to the lapse of the 2010 season
    • He will move on if he's not meant to be here beyond this year, but wishes someone would tell him if he's in the plans for the future
    Unfortunately, in the clandestine world of the New England Patriots, I fear Moss may be seen as giving away the comapny secrets or challenging authority.  I can understand why he's frustrated, but I just don't think his choice of timing or venue make any sense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

The Man wants some love. He has "friends" in his ear saying, "Tom Brady is nothing with out you Randy!" Randy is smart enough to know the truth but when he sees his boy get a big deal it causes him to question.

On top of that you have the media d--kheads saying, Randy won't play.

He is pi--ed. I agree, not the venue or time to verbally p-ke over the crowd, we had a great win...say something nice about how much you love the patriots.

If Randy plays and keeps his mouth shut, which will be hard because the
    d--kheads will be all over him, the Pats will sign him. This is business and if Randy has a value he will have an offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

WEEI just got a hold of Kraft in the studio. I wonder why they did not ask him about Moss' conference and his contract tsk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Randy Moss is fullfilling his contract. He didn't hold out. He didnt threaten to hold out. He has prepared and played at the very highest levels. He is the second most important member of the Patriots. He has not only played exceptionally well since joining the Patriots, he has been a hugely positive figure to this team. Here is hoping the team and the player have a meeting of the minds in giving him a new contract to extend his invaluable presence to this team.

And to those who want to rant about Randy Moss, no receiver in the entire league has been more of a team player nor more valuable in these last few years than Randy Moss has been. And lets REMEMBER how well he played last year in spite of injury. How many are concerned or critizing him now who dis'd him last year when they did not know he was playing hurt? How many have acknowldeged his unselfish play last year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]Randy Moss is fullfilling his contract. He didn't hold out. He didnt threaten to hold out. He has prepared and played at the very highest levels. He is the second most important member of the Patriots. He has not only played exceptionally well since joining the Patriots, he has been a hugely positive figure to this team. Here is hoping the team and the player have a meeting of the minds in giving him a new contract to extend his invaluable presence to this team. And to those who want to rant about Randy Moss, no receiver in the entire league has been more of a team player nor more valuable in these last few years than Randy Moss has been. And lets REMEMBER how well he played last year in spite of injury. How many are concerned or critizing him now who dis'd him last year when they did not know he was playing hurt? How many have acknowldeged his unselfish play last year?
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]
    That is a lie sir, a bold face lie! Randy Moss dogged it while playing fo rthe Vikings and said so, and while on the Raiders.

learn your history son! Go read a book!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]SB ring will shut him up. 
    Posted by NEPfan4life[/QUOTE]
    There will be NO ring without Adam V. Get it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE] hey, he signed his orignal contract thru 2010. that,s on him and his agent. he should honor it and not bring down  the the team chemistry because of his uncertainty after this year who got the honey..... brady? or mankins ? randy, a life's lesson is happening right in front of your eyes in your club house  so shut your month and open your eyes it might be worth your wild$$$$$$$$$
    Posted by pissttt[/QUOTE]

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS    a man that sees the truth and knows it, not like the rest of you stooges... You love Moss so much go to his house and leave him your pay checks you nerds!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]I can't agree with you guys more. I have nothing against him speaking up, and IMO nothing bad was said. The Pats should renew his contract and make this man feel wanted and appreciated for all the services he has done. I mean, look around the league, alot of big name WRs' contract were renewed or extended, Andre Johnson, Miles Austin etc, and some are not happy about their current, such as Reggie Wayne, and some even hold out, such as Vincent Jackson. Are you telling me any of those guys you think deserves more than Randy? At the very least he did not hold out, that should tell you plenty that he is going to honor his contract. And for all those saying honoring the contract. Hey, the owners don't need to honor the contract, they can cut your a-- anytime they want if you don't perform. It is all guarantee money, and Moss sure deserve some as he has made good contribution to the team year in and year out and should get the benefit of the doubt. Alot of ppl are saying to keep him unsigned til the end of year to serve as motivation. That is truely a slap in the face if you think he needs the motivation, as he has not proven himself enough. That's basically what he is getting at.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]
    Sir you are a moron! Owners can cut you if you dont preform because they are PAYING YOU TO PREFORM! Its called a contractual agreement! You dont hold up your end you dont get paid you get fired.

How can some of you be so dumb?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

A lot of good points here, some don't deserve responses and I hope they will be treated like the trash they are.  It's obvious that Randy wants his contract taken care of now because he thinks he's performed, which he has 95% of the time since he's been here.  For that he's frustrated.  I can understand his need for security.  A lot of you guys seems to think he's worth re-signing now, and he certainly won't be easy to replace given the game planning and special attention that he gets each week from opposing defenses. He makes this offense go.  But the Pats won before he got here and they can win without him. 

We could really do without the drama.  Really.  Moss should always let his play on the field do the talking and let everything else take care of itself.  Whether he has a great year here and the Pats offer him an extension or if he's asked to move on, he's still gonna make millions AND get to handpick the team he goes to as a free agent. 

I think his actions have secured his one way ticket out of Town.  By saying it's a slap in the face to wait till the offseason to address his contract, I think he's put himself in the position of leaving because he won't want to lose face when the Patriots don't extend him during the season.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he gets re-upped, but when is the last time that a player on this team chose to go public with a gripe and had things end the way the player hoped?  Look at Mankins, sitting at home.  Milloy?  See ya.  Law?  Same.  Samuel?  See ya.        

Can you imagine how much of a distraction this would've been if it was a loss?  I wonder if he would've held his tongue in that case?