Randy Moss would return if pats come calling.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Randy Moss would return if pats come calling.

found this on PFT let me know what you guys think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/05/report-moss-would-return-if-the-pats-come-calling/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Randy Moss would return if pats come calling.

We're good, thanks for 2007, Randy. =) 

Would rather give Ochocinco a chance to make a splash. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We still need a deep threat! Any reports of Moss working out, keeping in shape?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Randy Moss wants to be on the Patriots, but do the Patriots want Randy Moss? Randy is in shape, you know he is, but do we really want Randy Moss back? Idk, I would be open to the idea of him signing a contract for cheap, and is cut-able. We don't have a deep threat, and although I won't say he could get 20 touchdowns, but remember the last time we said he had nothing left in the tank?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

weve gone thru the games of will work hard, be a team player, he did mostly then he didnt. may be a little of the we've been through all that before.
    would he be happy if he got no throws in a game or 2 and just say im just happy to be here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

just to extend the field or be a decoy would be good enough ,
    rather we dump butler or Jeff Tarpinian
    nothing to loose only to gain here
    veteran minimum and get the deal done we

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think this future Hall of Famer has bent over backwards to shower praise on our team. I think he caught 50 TDs in 51 starts for BB.

I think BB gets really anal sometimes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

No thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

oddly, although I complained about him, I wouldn't mind adding him if he was cheap.  As we have a genuine 2nd 3rd and 4th option, he would be a good decoy or even get open.  I liked the way he handled it after we let him go, and think we need a vertical threat.  That makes too many receivers, but it's interesting. We could ADD his skills rather than depending on them.  Could BB be saving such a move until after game 1?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss would return if pats come calling.:
    [QUOTE]oddly, although I complained about him, I wouldn't mind adding him if he was cheap.  As we have a genuine 2nd 3rd and 4th option, he would be a good decoy or even get open.  I liked the way he handled it after we let him go, and think we need a vertical threat.  That makes too many receivers, but it's interesting. We could ADD his skills rather than depending on them.  Could BB be saving such a move until after game 1?
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

What Randy WAS and what he is now is more to the point.  BB traded Moss because Randy's enthusiasm and skills had deteriorated.  One excuse was that he was petulant about not receiving a contract extension and wasn't trying.  But in two quick stops with other teams Randy still could not deliver.  When the "writing is on the wall" it's not enough to hope that he still has petrol in the tank when performance indicates otherwise.  He had Brady here and it eventually wasn't enough.

All great players, in time,  exhibit deteriorating performance and decreased consistency. For some the mind is willing but the body isn't what it used to be. For others it's the recognition that they cannot sustain excellence and they refuse to accept less and thus retire. For the Randy Moss types it's refusing to accept reality, that the ride is over!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekarp. Show stevekarp's posts

Of course he would, and who cares , please let's move on from this guy     
    In Response to Randy Moss would return if pats come calling.:
    [QUOTE]found this on PFT let me know what you guys think. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/05/report-moss-would-return-if-the-pats-come-calling/
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

No Randy you're not comeing through that door.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Has it occurred to any of you folks that since Randy is practically begging to be a Patriot again, he might try real hard if he came back?

Nah, most of you would probably rather have that superstar Tate back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

I say sign him if he's really willing to get less, he'll be a great decoy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

league minimum, plus incentives....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]he'll be a great decoy.
    Posted by dodie2g[/QUOTE]

How'd that work out in Minn and Tenn last year? I think after he left NE he became a non-factor.

Except for that one-handed catch against Miami last season all the excitement was gone. I think Randy's fun meter pegged out and he just faded away last season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Okay Babe I'll play along. Randy really wants to be a Patriot again, and we take him back at the vet minimum. Who do you want to release to make room for him? You want to carry 7 WR's?
    Here are your choices....Edelman, Price, Slater.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Okay Babe I'll play along. Randy really wants to be a Patriot again, and we take him back at the vet minimum. Who do you want to release to make room for him? You want to carry 7 WR's? Here are your choices....Edelman, Price, Slater.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

id keep 7 WR to have Randy back. release tarpinian

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Has it occurred to any of you folks that since Randy is practically begging to be a Patriot again, he might try real hard if he came back? Nah, most of you would probably rather have that superstar Tate back.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with this from the standpoint of how hungry Moss would be to win and try hard. At the same time, I think it's more an issue of a shift in our offensive strategy. No?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Okay Babe I'll play along. Randy really wants to be a Patriot again, and we take him back at the vet minimum. Who do you want to release to make room for him? You want to carry 7 WR's? Here are your choices....Edelman, Price, Slater.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Let's make it Edelman. We know what he can do. That is: get hurt and not much else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss would return if pats come calling. : I actually agree with this from the standpoint of how hungry Moss would be to win and try hard. At the same time, I think it's more an issue of a shift in our offensive strategy. No?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I think Randy needs to understand he meshes with our strategy, not the other way around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss would return if pats come calling. : How'd that work out in Minn and Tenn last year? I think after he left NE he became a non-factor. Except for that one-handed catch against Miami last season all the excitement was gone. I think Randy's fun meter pegged out and he just faded away last season.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Simply put, he fits better in New England. We don't have a deep threat receiver, sooner or later Patriots will come into that realization.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

the only way i think moss ends up with the pats again is if the injury bug hits the recieving corps during the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Moss looked pretty tired last year. I don't know if it's a case of getting older, just not having the physical tools anymore, or him being upset he wasn't getting the ball.
    A Moss type player would add a missing dimension to the offense, and I'm all in for drafting or picking an FA up next year who can stretch the field.

I don't like cutting Edleman to make room for Moss. I think Edelman is our best punt returner, and IF he can stay healthy, he provides some decent depth at WR, a fallback option should they not resign Wes, etc.

I would rather as someone suggested IR Tarpinian, bring back Moss for a year at vet minimum and see if he behaves. Okay, I'll buy bringing back Moss for a year. In 4 WR sets, I like the sound of Branch, Moss, CJ, Price...or Branch, Welker, Moss, Price...pick your poison.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss would return if pats come calling. : Simply put, he fits better in New England. We don't have a deep threat receiver, sooner or later Patriots will come into that realization.
    Posted by dodie2g[/QUOTE]

We will see this brought up through out the year when it is plainly visible that we need a deep threat.  The commentators will talk about it every time the Pats can't move the ball because there is no threat of going deep.  And like it or not, it will happen.  It might be in game 3 or game 12 or the playoffs but it will happen and we will all see that we needed a deep threat to be successful this season.  Like him or not, he commanded the double team.  And times when he didn't we all seen the TD's. 

I think I would just fall over dead if they show Kraft in Miami up in the visitors box and sitting next o him is Randy Moss!  The league would be on notice!