Ras I Dowling to IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Re: Ras I Dowling to IR

lets just all calm down... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Ras I Dowling to IR:
    [QUOTE]stoopid to ir him. a healthy dowling ready for playoffs has more value than one of vereen, faulk, or a bubble dl.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

reporters said 4 weeks. 
    however is it's a torn tendon it could be longer. and or iffy to play soon ie drs may have said for it to heal completely, he should take months. 
    bb may not want to burn his 33rd pick and also waste a guy who looks to be the best cb on the team and very good to boot.

otherwise ir ing him when he could help at the end of the year and in the playoffs would not seem to amke any sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ras I Dowling to IR :      This is terrible news. I don't want to be an alarmist, but a hip injury is extremely serious. It's the type of injury that destroys careers.      The loss of Dowling leaves the Patriots paper thin at CB, and takes away their big CB, to cover the likes of Plaxico Burress...particularly in the redzone.      Placing Dowling on IR immediately after the Pats release Leigh Bodden speaks volumes about what BB thought about Bodden as a player. and/or a person: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/29/patriots-activate-kevin-faulk-place-dowling-on-injured-reserve/  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

tex you havent seen my posts or heard. actually they have found out recently (the drs) that it is a tendon tear. thats when he was ired. it's not jsut a nebulous "hip" because thats where ras feels the pain. oftentimes pain is referred or felt in a different place than the actual injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

So looks like the Pats will be drating CB's again next draft.......Hated this pick when it happened and got slammed with the in BB we trust crowd.   Guy has been hurt since he got out of the womb. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think that BB was forced into this pick. No one wanted to trade him for pick 33. His price was probably too much. The knock on Mankins was durability. I'd think that having the availability of MRI's, workouts and medical evaluations gives BB and the Pats much more information then anyone of us on here.

Can I have more Koolaid? I'm really enjoying this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

TROY BROWN

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wow - I hope someone here knows Russ personally and is checking on him. 

I am worried there are not enough meds available for Russ to effectively deal with these moves BB is making. 

Funny that the anti Bodden, Ras-I posters are coming out of the woodwork now. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ras I Dowling to IR : Can someone tell us why a Gomer fan is here?
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

just concerned about the well-being of my fellow boardmates.  These last 2 moves may be devastating to Russ, if he has a conscience. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

to my thinking, BB and co.  must have known the Dowling release was happening when they did Bodden.  That says something major was wrong with Bodden, NOT that they didn't know Dowling was going on IR.  Arrington was getting the majority of the play time anyway, so Bodden was not right or not wanted and that had nothing to do with Dowling.  Whatever.  Not like the coverage is going to get worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ras I Dowling to IR : just concerned about the well-being of my fellow boardmates.  These last 2 moves may be devastating to Russ, if he has a conscience. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hopefully some day your testicles will descend and you will find a hobby that doesn't involve hanging around annoying people for fun.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Safe to say they expected more from Dowling, but no one can predict injuries.  Still can't figure out the Bodden thing, esp if they knew Dowling was going to IR.  Top 3 CBs are McCourty, Arrington and Molden?  Wow.  I know we aern't at practice but why make yourself that thin at a postion that was questionable to begin with. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think what this means is that we have to face the reality that BB is human and makes difficult, costly mistakes just like the rest of us. 

There is nothing more headscratching than all the high picks we have spent on DB's and oft-injured players only to have our suspicions confirmed that they could not hold up. The list of scratched players seems endless. 

Thank God we have Brady running the offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Dowling started the season as the #2 cb so it is obviously dissapointing however, the Pats have been AWFUL against the pass. Has nobody thought that maybe BB and the staff look at tape and say... Bodden is part of the problem... Dowling is hurt and to far behind .. etc... 

My point is, they are as bad as you can be statistically anyways. He wouldn't purposesly make the team worse. He sees something the rest of us can't.. Changes needed to be made. It is what it is.. Their secondary hasn't been good in a long time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's f**Kin Crable all over again.  He going to take a roster spot next year play 1/2 of 2 games and get IR'ed again and then finally released start of 2013 season.

Another horrible DB pick in a long line of horrible DB picks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i have come to the conclusion that bb excels at drafting for the power positions, but really sucks at drafting for the speed positions -- wr, cb and until i see ridley or vereen prove themselves to be worthy regulars on the field, rb.

oh actually, that's just a half truth. he does not do very well on 3-4 OLBs either. 

they've been a successful franchise in general, but his bad picks have hampered them from getting more rings.

for these positions, i think he will do better by simply stopping from going against the grain. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

A lot of doom and gloomers on here. We're going 17-2 this year and will win the Super Bowl. I've seen huge improvement on this D in the last few weeks. After the bloodbath today in PITT you can jump back on the wagon.