ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot

and he is the rookie i'm most exited for the team about if he can produce.
     with three good db's a very good team would be that much better.

Jim Reid, Medford High Class of ’68, on Ras-I Dowling: “This guy has no weakness. And everything we’ve asked him to do he has done, willingly and in a determined manner. Now that’s Ras-I Dowling.”

in college, " “not just talking about it, you gotta be about it.”"

"this is one rookie who seems to have figured it out on his own."

etc

from what i see:
    hits like  truck, closing speed of  good free safety, in the air ball skills of a talented wide receiver, can cover and defend passes well and jump very well. smart and hard worker.

if he learns to stay on the field, i think things look good. (and keep his hamstrings conditioned and flexible)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot

The potential is strong with this one. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot:
    [QUOTE]The potential is strong with this one. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

At first I thought that this thread MUST have something to do with reincarnation & past lives, And although initially I didn't even consider it, but 49'ers theory that "the force" is considerably strong with Ras I & thus he was predestined to be a Jedi NE Patriot...this too, we really gotta consider on equal grounds before drawin' any ultimate conclusions...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good story but I heard similar things with Butler. Now I'm really hoping that he can be a Bodden type (given his size) but we haven't even seen him in a pre-season game yet. Lets give him a years before getting to excited about the rooks.

But, I do like the thought of moving Bodden to FS and having Ras and McCourty as the 2 CB's with Arrington in the slot for the foreseeable future. I think if Ras can show promise we might see that next year once Meri leaves

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hopefully he works out and does something on the field this year, that's what high second round picks are supposed to do. It worries me that we spent I high pick on a kid that has an injury history and thus far he's done nothing to ease that. We certainly could us secondary help, maybe lightning strikes twice and he turns into the next Devin McCourty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

[QUOTE]The potential is strong with this one. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future...Hopefully he will not be seduced by the Dark Side!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully he works out and does something on the field this year, that's what high second round picks are supposed to do. It worries me that we spent I high pick on a kid that has an injury history and thus far he's done nothing to ease that. We certainly could us secondary help, maybe lightning strikes twice and he turns into the next Devin McCourty.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

we spent a high pick on another injury prone player, his name was gronkowski, how did that turn out?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Good story but I heard similar things with Butler. Now I'm really hoping that he can be a Bodden type (given his size) but we haven't even seen him in a pre-season game yet. Lets give him a years before getting to excited about the rooks. But, I do like the thought of moving Bodden to FS and having Ras and McCourty as the 2 CB's with Arrington in the slot for the foreseeable future. I think if Ras can show promise we might see that next year once Meri leaves
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disagree but Ras-I would be more suitable as a saftey than Bodden. Bodden is not a big hitter at all. Likely both will stay at CB considering how many injuries occur at that position.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot : Sorry to disagree but Ras-I would be more suitable as a saftey than Bodden. Bodden is not a big hitter at all. Likely both will stay at CB considering how many injuries occur at that position.
    Posted by BostonFanInFlorida[/QUOTE]

Not all safeties need to be big hitters, hence the FS position. FS's are typically more coverage safeties not big hitting run stopping safeties (usually the SS position). Besides Bodden is a sound tech tackler which is one thing we are missing in the S core. I'm also not saying this year but as Bodden gets older his coverage skills are going to start to decrease and a move to FS is natural for most CB's his size later in their careers. You put him at FS and leave Chung at SS and now you have a duo of a hard hitting SS in the box and a great coverage FS playing zone (something we complain that Meri can't do)

Why do people hear S and naturally think the need a Harrison, Pol, or Meri to fill that role? Sharper wasn't known as a big hitter but is one heck of a S

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot : we spent a high pick on another injury prone player, his name was gronkowski, how did that turn out?
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]   thoughts like your`s are better kept to oneself(ever hear of the word Jinx?")

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Good story but I heard similar things with Butler. Now I'm really hoping that he can be a Bodden type (given his size) but we haven't even seen him in a pre-season game yet. Lets give him a years before getting to excited about the rooks. But, I do like the thought of moving Bodden to FS and having Ras and McCourty as the 2 CB's with Arrington in the slot for the foreseeable future. I think if Ras can show promise we might see that next year once Meri leaves

they may have said butler has the kind of personality, mind or heart as butler.
    i see no way you compare butlers game with ras i's - my observation of that above. butler doesnt know how and cant cover/defend passes.

at some point i would like an upgrade from arrington. tackles great cant cover.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot : Sorry to disagree but Ras-I would be more suitable as a saftey than Bodden. Bodden is not a big hitter at all. Likely both will stay at CB considering how many injuries occur at that position.
    Posted by BostonFanInFlorida[/QUOTE]

dowling could totally play safety, recovery speed, closing on the ball, ball skils, hitting. totally. more valuable potentially if he can be a good to very good cover corner i think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ras i dowling was a patriot before he was a patriot : Not all safeties need to be big hitters, hence the FS position. FS's are typically more coverage safeties not big hitting run stopping safeties (usually the SS position). Besides Bodden is a sound tech tackler which is one thing we are missing in the S core. I'm also not saying this year but as Bodden gets older his coverage skills are going to start to decrease and a move to FS is natural for most CB's his size later in their careers. You put him at FS and leave Chung at SS and now you have a duo of a hard hitting SS in the box and a great coverage FS playing zone (something we complain that Meri can't do) Why do people hear S and naturally think the need a Harrison, Pol, or Meri to fill that role? Sharper wasn't known as a big hitter but is one heck of a S

that might be the best use if/when we learn that ras i can cover in the nfl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

hes either going to be a great cover corner or an failure in the NFL due to injury.

he has the heart, the skill and the ability to succeed.  i hope he stays healthy