RAS I

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

RAS I

If healthy how big of a role will he play in the secondary. Is there a possibility he becomes an above average corner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

Re: RAS I

Hes gonna be good if he stays healthy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Mooney12's comment:

If healthy how big of a role will he play in the secondary. Is there a possibility he becomes an above average corner.

i said he had talent and we should draft him if his health checked out 9before the draft)

apparetnly we whiffed on the health assessment.

beginning of his first season he was good enoug to be a fairly good starter. not a patritot starter an actual good starter. how the coaching staff, his health and his confidence have affected him we shall see (if he can stray healthy)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I sure hope he can stay healthy because I think he has talent that could really help this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

this guy its what we need at the cb position he is a big Cb 6'2"and physical if he can stay healthy he can contribute a lot to this team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I thought the thread was to announce Dowling had been placed on injury reserve for the upcoming season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's too bad he can't stay healthy cause he is very talented. I live in VA and he was legit when he played at UVA. I was hoping his unlucky health from college would change upon entering the NFL but it's gotten worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

It's too bad he can't stay healthy cause he is very talented. I live in VA and he was legit when he played at UVA. I was hoping his unlucky health from college would change upon entering the NFL but it's gotten worse.

yeah i looked at a lot of video on him before recommending he pats get him. my only concern 3as thjey better do thier homework to see what the sit was regarding injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

yeah i looked at a lot of video on him before recommending he pats get him. my only concern 3as thjey better do thier homework to see what the sit was regarding injury.

So you are the one we should blame for the Pats drafting Dowling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

:)

you have to read my whole comment before the draft and now. he had the talent. we needed to evaluate if his injuries woudl continue in the future or not. they decided not. so far, they were not right :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

point is they saw the talent i saw. they evaluated his injury risk potential wrong.,. so far

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Big IF on the stay healthy issue.  I think everyone agrees the guy is talented but he doesn't seem able to contribute for more than a couple of games before getting hurt again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The I stands for "injured"

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

BB should stick with signing FA cornerbacks only; he can't draft then with positive results - see Weatley, Rasty, Darius Butler, others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm expecting nothing. This way if he contributes I'll be pleasantly surprised and if he doesn't, so what.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought the thread was to announce Dowling had been placed on injury reserve for the upcoming season.

So did I.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'm expecting nothing. This way if he contributes I'll be pleasantly surprised and if he doesn't, so what. 

That's actually a good way to view life.

Ras played up until his final year at Virginia virtually injury free, was durable and talented. Saying the Pat's should have tested him for injury or done more towards due diligence is idiotic.  How do you test for torn thigh muscles or displaced hip injury, the short answer is you don't.  The guy is a tall corner, these guys are very easy to injure.  He may never stay healthy, the football gods will decide...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Guy shouldn't of been drafted by us - he got hurt during his 40 yard dash at his pro day for christ's sake.

I kept hearing about how the first selection in the second round that year was such a huge piece..how it was such an advantage. How the team that owned that selection would have an advantage that no other team ever had before - they would actually have an entire night to look over the draft board and make a much more thought out decision of who was the best player left from the first round from the previous day. That pick also would allow a full night of trade talks to for teams that wanted to acquire that very precious pick. It was thought that we were going to trade that selection and pick up a player and perhaps another pick...instead the commisioner walks out and says...with the first selection in the second round the New England Patriots select Rasi Dowling. LOL! Why!? Just why?! Total waste of what was suppossed to be this glorious, prized, highly coveted selection. 

I still throw up in my mouth over that one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Honestly, I didn't think he looked all that great when he played last year.  This is not to say he isn't talented, but I don't think he's developed much.  He needs to get on the field and learn how to play in the NFL or he's never going anywhere. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Guy shouldn't of been drafted by us - he got hurt during his 40 yard dash at his pro day for christ's sake.

I kept hearing about how the first selection in the second round that year was such a huge piece..how it was such an advantage. How the team that owned that selection would have an advantage that no other team ever had before - they would actually have an entire night to look over the draft board and make a much more thought out decision of who was the best player left from the first round from the previous day. That pick also would allow a full night of trade talks to for teams that wanted to acquire that very precious pick. It was thought that we were going to trade that selection and pick up a player and perhaps another pick...instead the commisioner walks out and says...with the first selection in the second round the New England Patriots select Rasi Dowling. LOL! Why!? Just why?! Total waste of what was suppossed to be this glorious, prized, highly coveted selection. 

I still throw up in my mouth over that one.

Throwing up in your mouth must suck with that helmet on.  

There was a lot of talk about shopping the pick. I think the pats got surprised and had to use the pick.    This guy needs to give 110% in camp.  If its ad luck then we don't need a guy with bad luck on the team.  I'd trade Donald Thomas back straight up for Ras I. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Ras-I is a true talent.  This guy is good, very good and would have been a high round 1 draft choice if not for one thing.  Injuries.  He fell out of the 1st round completely.  The kid can't stay healthy and it must be pretty serious if you drop out of the first round just because of that.  The Pats took a roll of the dice and that's what it was.  It was high need spot but if Ras-I could stay healthy the payoff would be huge.  

What is disappointing is that it was a weird moment in NFL draft history.  So much could have happened and we'll probably won't find out until BB is gone and questions are raised about certain events during his tenure.  I didn't expect Ras-I to off the field as much as he has.  No question.  This draft pick ended up  being a big mistake.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Best approach to have. I expect absolutely nothing from this guy and even if the Pats get something out of him I expect it will be for a very short time until he's hurt again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

this guy its what we need at the cb position he is a big Cb 6'2"and physical if he can stay healthy he can contribute a lot to this team

Exactly, a young cb with speed and size, hope he stays on the field because the Pats could really use him.