Raven Reed says "yes he'd love to play for the Patriots and the great coach Belichick" yea right!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Raven Reed says "yes he'd love to play for the Patriots and the great coach Belichick" yea right!

What I say is -he wants to squeeze some more money out of the Ravens and I don't think he'd play for the enemy Patriots  and please Belichick  don't pick up another aging Raven ie Adalius Thomas!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Raven Reed says

BB, please listen to Game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Via another thread... I'll reiterate my thoughts...

"People are honestly opposed to this idea?

I realize the Reed is aging, but he's still exponentially better (at safety) than anyone else we have on our roster (with the exception of McCourty). 

He doesn't necessarily fill the need for an enforcing SS, but he plays rather physically and can play near the L.o.S. 

Him and McCourty at safety would give us two rangy, instinctive, and athletic safeties who can make plays. It would allow us to play a very effective cover-2, and also disguise a lot of coverage. McCourty and Reed could also match up on TEs and WRs in a pinch.

If we were able to land Reed, re-sign Talib, and add CB depth via the draft, our secondary woes would be solved. "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Link? And I am not sure why this would be a bad idea...  IF they sign Talib, and then get Reed... I think that would create a top 10 secondary. 

Dennard   Reed   McCourty    Talib  - 

That's a pretty solid start.  Throw in Arrington in the slot, and Ras I backing up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Link? And I am not sure why this would be a bad idea...  IF they sign Talib, and then get Reed... I think that would create a top 10 secondary. 

Dennard   Reed   McCourty    Talib  - 

That's a pretty solid start.  Throw in Arrington in the slot, and Ras I backing up...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/ed-reed-could-definitely-see-himself-as-a-patriot/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Sorry disagree. he is smart  but he makes plays now because of the guys around him  He's still good because he's been there so long and he's comfortable with that defense. He came close to retiring in the last two years, he reminds me of all the other great end of career players that Belichick insists on bring in because he admires them. (and he's he's probably on antler juice too) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Sorry disagree. he is smart  but he makes plays now because of the guys around him  He's still good because he's been there so long and he's comfortable with that defense. He came close to retiring in the last two years, he reminds me of all the other great end of career players that Belichick insists on bring in because he admires them. (and he's he's probably on antler juice too) 

Every time i read your posts i want to flirt with you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The one thing the Pats and Ravens have in common ... whenever one of their players goes on to another team it is almost always a complete failure.  The one exception is Adam V.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

What I say is -he wants to squeeze some more money out of the Ravens and I don't think he'd play for the enemy Patriots  and please Belichick  don't pick up another aging Raven ie Adalius Thomas!

I believe his interest to be sincere... he and BB have a very good relationship and a ton of mutual respect, based on most accounts/interactions.

I'd love to see Reed in Foxboro on a short term deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There was a time when landing Ed Reed would have been an instant improvement to the Pats D.  Regrettably, I believe that time is in the past. In September he'll be 35. If the Pats can add Reed without having to fork over too much $$ then I would be in favor of it.  If we're talking serious money then I would prefer that the Pats take a pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ed Reed even at his age is still a much better player than a lot of guys on this forum are giving him credit for.  No he isn't in his prime anymore, but he is still pretty dam good.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I cannot imagine the Ravens let Reed walk unless his salary demands are too ridiculous.  He is one of their icons, a cornerstone and all time great player.  And if he expects to be paid there he'll expect to be paid here too.  If he somehow isn't re-signed,  I could see him coming in on a short term deal and helping to solidify the secondary while they draft and develop a younger guy.  That secondary needs a veteran body and a playmaker, esp. if Talib bolts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If Baltimore has to tag Flacco could BB target Reed and Kruger.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

The one thing the Pats and Ravens have in common ... whenever one of their players goes on to another team it is almost always a complete failure.  The one exception is Adam V.

I don't think any of them are close to Ed Reed quality though. Even though his game is regressing he has still been the cream of the crop at safety for 10 years. Plus its not like NE would need a long term deal with him, if they can squeeze one or two good years out of him it could make all the difference. I'm all for it, Ed Reed on one leg is better than Steve Gregory, Devin McCourty, or any other safety here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ed Reed and BB have mutual respect for each other. Neither Ed Reed nor Ray Lewis have ever badmouthed either the Patriots, BB or Brady and BB and Brady have a ton of respect for them both.

I remember a few years ago when BB and Brady were meeting for a conference to talk about how they would approach the Ravens, BB said find where Ed is on all plays and work your way from there (Something like that) and Brady said..."I always do".

I think, if BB could have had both, he would've loved them. Ed Reed is BB's favorite player, if the Ravens let Reed walk BB will pounce on him in a heartbeat. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

I read on an article on espnboston that Reed cuts the sleeves on his hoodies beacause BB does. Ravens players even give him crap about it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Yeah I'm skeptical...   ravens are hated rivals, not as bad as jets but close...  It seems like a con game , like trying to drive up his price to the ravens (if they don't  call this bluff)...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Screw reed -go get d goldson from sf!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Anyone who says sign Reed while at the same time advocates trading Brady has sipped too much of the wacky juide!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Careful.  It could be Manti Te'o's boyfriend disguised as NEGAME.  You never know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

That D will have issues if Reed leaves and they sign Flacco to big money... Just sayin,..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Careful.  It could be Manti Te'o's boyfriend disguised as NEGAME.  You never know.

real class w*nker

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Isnt Reed almost 40??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Negative, Game is a legit babe, she as hot as some victoria secret models

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Negative, game is a legit babe, sheis is hot as some victoria secret models

Should I ask how you could possibly know this?