Ravens are overrated!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: Ravens are overrated!

H:

He is the proud alumnus (don't know why) of the University of Georgia.....he doesn't even know what MENSA is....probably thinks it's a weirdo convention.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Is this a geography or social studies discussion string?  Thought it strange to find one on a football chat page.  Did I make a wrong turn?

Come on... talk football and not where you are from!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

I think the PATS are going to win but the Ravens are not overrated. Looking at their website inciates they have won 12 of their last 14 regular seaon games (two losses to Giants and Steelers)  Including the two playoff wins the Ravens have won 14 out of 16.  A pretty damn good record. We can exploit the Ravens secondary and win. But I don't think it makes us look good when we make arbitrary remarks about the Ravens being overrated when clearly their record indicated they are an elite team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated!:
    [QUOTE]I think the PATS are going to win but the Ravens are not overrated. Looking at their website inciates they have won 12 of their last 14 regular seaon games (two losses to Giants and Steelers)  Including the two playoff wins the Ravens have won 14 out of 16.  A pretty damn good record. We can exploit the Ravens secondary and win. But I don't think it makes us look good when we make arbitrary remarks about the Ravens being overrated when clearly their record indicated they are an elite team.
    Posted by carolinagrad[/QUOTE]

You are right.  We do not want to look bad to all the nice thoughtful fans of the Ravens who come here for a friendly discussion about football. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Ravens have given up more big plays (10 plays / 20+yds.)in the passing game this season than any other team except Cincinatti.Considering the competition their defense was up against(S.D,Browns,K.C (W/L 2-7)),Brady might finally have a breakout game.On the downside,the Ravens are ranked #1 in rushing defense(51 yds./gm),3rd in INT's (6),and tied 8th in sacks (7).Should be a good game,I just hope the O-Line brings it's A game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmorecityboy. Show bmorecityboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Is Roslyn anywhere near Rosslyn?  Don't tell me you can't even spell that correctly. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]
    I get off work at 1:30 start drinking heinken's at 3:00.......hell wit' spell check...type and reply

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

I would hope that fans can comment about each other's teams without resorting to bashing the other person or their city. After all, you are all Americans, so whether you are from Baltimore or Boston should not matter.

But this topic is about football. To say that any given Sunday your team can win or lose should negate any argument about a team being over or under rated. It is all subjective and determined by how the team plays on that given day. That said, the Ravens showed up and won all their games so far. The Pats, on the other hand, have not. You guys should have lost the Bills game if not for McKelvin, and the Jets handed it to you in week two. So you guys could easily have been 1-2.

Now to say that you guys should win because you have faced the same defense already and should be prepared for it this time, makes absolutely no sense! If I am wrong correct me, but the Jets do not employ Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Pryce, Terrell Suggs, Jarret Johnson and Kelly Gregg. May have similar schemes but totally different personnel and co-ordinator. Please also keep in mind that the best defense is a good offense, and this version of the Ravens offense is second in the league right now with an average of 34 PPG. We also have several weapons to defend against. Seven different people have scored TD's. We are capable of moving the ball in the air and on the ground. On the other hand, we have the ability to make you one dimensional. Fred Taylor and Lawrence Maroney can easily be taken out of the equation with our run defense and you risk a lot being over dependent on the pass with our pass rush and ball hawking secondary with Ed Reed back there. We may not be up there in yards allowed so far this year, but we are in PPG, turnovers, sacks, and redzone D. Please try to look a little more carefully at the numbers, Won't want you to be misled.

Before you are quick to point out that San Diego gashed us for 436yds, please take a closer look with a more critical eye. Zero TD's inside the redzone, lost the turnover battle, they absolutely could not run on us and had to play from behind until the 4th quarter. It's never as good or as bad as it seems. The bottom line is, that when the game was on the line and both teams had to make a play, we did and they did not. KC and Cleveland combined for only 4 plays of over 20yds on us. So please don't draw to much comfort in the SD game, thinking that Brady will also gash us for yards. He does not seem like the same QB behind that line and we both know that if he is knocked around a little, he gets very uncomfortable and is prone be off his game.

Admittedly, this can be a well contested game. Either team can win it. You're entitled to your optimism, but please don't try to preserve it by claiming we're overrated. I know Tom doesn't feel that way, neither does Bill. I'm sure they're not as comfortable and probably losing some sleep planning for us. The same probably goes for our coaches. What I am confident in is that we will show up to play on Sunday and play like Ravens. Bottom line is that I respect your team and look forward to the competition on Sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants are everyone's number 1 ranked team, but they've only faced the Buccaneers, the Skins, and Tony Uh-oh (Skip Bayless, my hero) and the incompetent Dallas Cowboys. Not many 3-0 teams have faced any good teams yet, besides the Jets, I can't think of any other. The Ravens aren't overrated, they are a damn good team. The Pats will win, but that's only because they are the best team in the league. The way I look at it is that teams have 3-5 more weeks to have a chance of beating the Patriots. Once Mayo comes back, this defense will be complete. It will be shutdown mode. The offense is about one or two more practices from being the offense we all thought it can be. Knowning Brady, he probably had Edelman and Galloway over to his house to run their routes over and over again. He wants to win, he needs these guys to help him. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You trying to tell us you know Brady?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Don't worry, Gillette sits nearly 70,000. That means that the 60,000 Pats fans out number you 6-1. Please, be on your best behaviors. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

The Raven fans are the biggest douchers in the league. This "toughness" b.s. is really class-less b.s. worthy of English soccer. They would gang up on a 10 year old in a wheel chair if he wore the other team's jersey, then cheer and scream, "Not in MY house." Tough guys. Funny how they are converting to a wide open passing team with a more vulnerable defense now that Flacco is developing and Ryan is gone. 31-10 Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : I can understand why you are posting on this forum, it's because you are such a moron after all Baltimore is made up of such  distinguished and intelligent beings. Now go play kickball in the streets and show those little kids your terrific athleticism, I'm certain they'll be impressed.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

This is SOOO Baltimore. This idiot just verifies what I said in the previous post. BB, please put up a 21 point whupping on these bums. I am sure they are so "tough", they probably are taking the bus home...make it a long ride.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckylou05. Show luckylou05's posts

ratings are rediculous in pro football and they mean nothingat all. the ravens and pats are both playoff caliber teams with good balance and good coaching. home field advantage to the pats but the ravens will make the pats one dimensional by stopping the run. if welker is out or limited that will greatly diminish the pats ability on 3rd down.the ravens offensive line will allow flacco time and he is very accurate.to stay in the game the pats need moss to score td's and special teams to give them field position.if not it will be a long day for the pats defense

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I would hope that fans can comment about each other's teams without resorting to bashing the other person or their city. After all, you are all Americans, so whether you are from Baltimore or Boston should not matter. But this topic is about football. To say that any given Sunday your team can win or lose should negate any argument about a team being over or under rated. It is all subjective and determined by how the team plays on that given day. That said, the Ravens showed up and won all their games so far. The Pats, on the other hand, have not. You guys should have lost the Bills game if not for McKelvin, and the Jets handed it to you in week two. So you guys could easily have been 1-2. Now to say that you guys should win because you have faced the same defense already and should be prepared for it this time, makes absolutely no sense! If I am wrong correct me, but the Jets do not employ Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Pryce, Terrell Suggs, Jarret Johnson and Kelly Gregg. May have similar schemes but totally different personnel and co-ordinator. Please also keep in mind that the best defense is a good offense, and this version of the Ravens offense is second in the league right now with an average of 34 PPG. We also have several weapons to defend against. Seven different people have scored TD's. We are capable of moving the ball in the air and on the ground. On the other hand, we have the ability to make you one dimensional. Fred Taylor and Lawrence Maroney can easily be taken out of the equation with our run defense and you risk a lot being over dependent on the pass with our pass rush and ball hawking secondary with Ed Reed back there. We may not be up there in yards allowed so far this year, but we are in PPG, turnovers, sacks, and redzone D. Please try to look a little more carefully at the numbers, Won't want you to be misled. Before you are quick to point out that San Diego gashed us for 436yds, please take a closer look with a more critical eye. Zero TD's inside the redzone, lost the turnover battle, they absolutely could not run on us and had to play from behind until the 4th quarter. It's never as good or as bad as it seems. The bottom line is, that when the game was on the line and both teams had to make a play, we did and they did not. KC and Cleveland combined for only 4 plays of over 20yds on us. So please don't draw to much comfort in the SD game, thinking that Brady will also gash us for yards. He does not seem like the same QB behind that line and we both know that if he is knocked around a little, he gets very uncomfortable and is prone be off his game. Admittedly, this can be a well contested game. Either team can win it. You're entitled to your optimism, but please don't try to preserve it by claiming we're overrated. I know Tom doesn't feel that way, neither does Bill. I'm sure they're not as comfortable and probably losing some sleep planning for us. The same probably goes for our coaches. What I am confident in is that we will show up to play on Sunday and play like Ravens. Bottom line is that I respect your team and look forward to the competition on Sunday.
    Posted by samic[/QUOTE]'
    Quite the pretentious lecture from a ravens homer. I hardly know where to start in pointing out his flaws.
    1. Overrated is an objective standard. Who are you to tell anyone that their judgment as to what team is overrated or not is invalid? 
    2. You're quick to point out that we "should have" lost the bills game and tout your own 3-0 record but you neglect to mention that those wins have come against the worst teams in the league.  So all your bragging on 34 PPg game is meaningless in that your wins have come against practice squads like the browns and KC.
    3. Obviously your personel is different that the jests but your schemes are identical. That fact that you don't understand that tells me that you understand very little about football.
    4. You forgot to mention that your team has never beaten the Pats. Last time around your own coaching staff lost the game for you. So, let me assure you, if anyone is loosing sleep over this game, its not BB and company but your own weak coaching staff.
    5. Are you proud of the fact that you have a murderer playing MLB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : You idiots in bean town have no clue...first of all, do your research..You'll find Maryland is the richest state in the country with the highest median income. You speak of Baltimore as if the fans come from the inner city where the crime is...NO CLUE. The Raven fans come from the affluent areas, not the one bad area of Baltimore..You chowder heads have no clue. Do your homework next time. Although it would be nice to drop one of you idiots in the hood and see if you make that kickball comment then.
    Posted by ravenmad[/QUOTE]

Hey Doucher, get YOUR facts straight... Maryland income is driven by the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C. Take out Montgomery County (which is D.C.), and that state income looks more like Mississippi. Baltimore is Crime Capital of the USA, with white bread living in "toney" suburbs and the rest of the town living in "The Wire" country. This "Raven toughness" by affluent fans is a joke. Most of them are duck shoe-wearing preppies living in the 70s who try to convince themselves that there is a Dundalk-toughness about them, like the old steel workers at Bessie who were fired 20 years ago. The town is a joke (their most famous historical person is Edgar Alan Poe?), they have an inferiority complex to DC, NY, and Boston (and even Philly), and it manifests itself in rooting for a football team which the state paid Modell an outrageous amount for to replace the REAL Baltimore team, which left the stench in the middle of the night to go to the metropolis of Indianapolis. Had enough yet, pinhead?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Thanks for the heads up (not ) sent my kids there......Brilliant you genuis!!!!!
    Posted by bmorecityboy[/QUOTE]

Wow. Three grammatical, three punctuation and one spelling errors in one "sort of" sentence.

Way to show us up, Professor!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Sicko, Here are some statistics that I looked up. Murder rate; 6 times that of New York 50% of all students are out of school or unemployed. 10% of the population is addicted to drugs. All that from the "one" bad area of Baltimore, wow! Oh, and I live in Texas...you want to take us on too!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Notice this doucher's comments on "dropping you in the hood". He got that out of his Baltimore Street Lingo Handbook which the Izod crowd at Washington Tavern reads to try to convince their protected preppy girl friends that they have "street cred." This town is a total joke, as are their fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I've been to Baltimore a dozen times and if you take the inner harbor off the table you'd think you were in Detroit. I went to a Red Sox home game there (at least 10 to 1 sox fans) and after the game a cab driver gave me a scenic tour of that cesspool while ripping me off going every direction but the one I wanted. Based off pezz's stats I guess I'm lucky.  It tells me everything I don't want to know about you.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Amen. Truth be told.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : I love football...but what makes Boston a 1st tier city.......Racism? The biggest white ghettos in the country?   Organizied crime?  All the broke little town that surround it? Maine?   You are so use to thinking that you don't stink...but homey you stink......

There is more racism in upper NW and North Baltimore County than in all of Boston. The border line between Baltimore County and Baltimore City might as well have a sign posted as you leave the city: "Blacks Prohibited".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Whatever......my self worth does not depend on your old azz beliveing me.....I probaly make more money than you!!!!!!......If you are mad that I don't write and speak as you do....well it's something in life you must deal with!!!...I don't need your approval......feel me!!!!! my household income is well over two hundred-thousand...althought thats not alot of money.....as any black man from Baltimore would say...I ain't hurting.......feel me.....

I hope that income you make is all being reported. Things must be good down at the docks, skimming inventory and selling it hot to the Sopranos. Be careful, man. Your buddies in The Wire were riding high for awhile, also.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Damn...20 years......that Tom McCan's shoe store still open in downtown Boston?

You do not know how classic this response is! I think these Raven guys still wear the Buster Browns.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Laugh now Mr. webster Dictionary...but you also laughed when I use to say 'Diss" and "Sic"...now look.....'I too sing America'....my vocab...counts also.......oh I forgot......feel Me!!!!!!!!!

Feel you? I can smell you and would rather not get close enough to feel you. Besides, I don't like being around flies, and they are all over you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Actually ...dwick...I work in Roslyn.....

Jimmie Carter used to work in Roslyn.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Is this a geography or social studies discussion string?  Thought it strange to find one on a football chat page.  Did I make a wrong turn? Come on... talk football and not where you are from!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Okay, back to football. The Ravens blow. So do their "fans."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

samic...

Pretty much a one dimensional post coming from a Raven's fan.  You make the Pats out to be a team not deserving to be on the same field as the Ravens.  Considering how the Chargers toasted your D for over 400 yards passing, that could have been a game the Ravens could have lost.  All three teams the Pats have played won at least one game in this young season, can the Ravens say the same?  Either way, both teams will be prepared to play on the field and I feel quite good about the Pats chances as you do about your Ravens.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfn2. Show patsfn2's posts

In Response to Ravens are overrated!:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sold on the Ravens at all.  The Ravens are 3-0 after beating the Chiefs, Browns, and the overrated Chargers.  Everyone talks about their defense, but this defense minus Bart Scott, gave up 24 pts to the Chiefs and a Chargers team minus L.T.  The only allowed 3 pts against the semi-pro Browns, so that doesn't mean much.  Flacco has played well thus far, but that's against two very bad teams.  I expect a big win this sunday for the Pats, they'll contain the Ravens offense and run it up on this grossly overrated D.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I am a huge patriots fan and have been for years being from mass even have pat the patriot tattoo on my arm!  I haved lived in Delaware for quite some time now......I can tell you that the ravens are not overrated period! I watch the patriots while keeping an eye on the ravens, they have a solid defense and the QB Flacco(which is out of Delaware) has been fantastic for them!  the ravens will win their division this year hands down and will be a force to reckon with in the play-offs, you will get to see them first hand this weekend against our patriots it will be a close game and i feel if Taylor can rush for another 100 yds this week that patriots have a good chance of winning, without the running game the patriots i do not believe can beat the ravens.  Brady is still coming back from his injury last season and looked better last week against the falcons, however in the 1st 2 games he did not look like the Brady we have all come to love, I hope that our secondary can play better than they have cause they will be tested by the arm of Joe Flacco and Wide Receive Mason!  I say patriots win 24-21 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : ' Quite the pretentious lecture from a ravens homer. I hardly know where to start in pointing out his flaws. 1. Overrated is an objective standard. Who are you to tell anyone that their judgment as to what team is overrated or not is invalid?  2. You're quick to point out that we "should have" lost the bills game and tout your own 3-0 record but you neglect to mention that those wins have come against the worst teams in the league.  So all your bragging on 34 PPg game is meaningless in that your wins have come against practice squads like the browns and KC. 3. Obviously your personel is different that the jests but your schemes are identical. That fact that you don't understand that tells me that you understand very little about football. 4. You forgot to mention that your team has never beaten the Pats. Last time around your own coaching staff lost the game for you. So, let me assure you, if anyone is loosing sleep over this game, its not BB and company but your own weak coaching staff. 5. Are you proud of the fact that you have a murderer playing MLB?
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

First off the statement that being overrated is an "opinion", not fact, makes it subjective. Never said invalid. But if on any given Sunday any team, whether they are practice squads or not, can win against another, means that no team can be overlooked.

Secondly, there was no game tape on the new philosophy of the KC team. They were very much like us last year with a new head coach and staff and new starting QB (Croyle may have been the backup, but he does have starting experience, having started many games for them in '08). So the fact that we dominated them should not be taken for granted. I'll admit the Browns are in disarray, but we handled our business against a divisional team that traditionally plays hard against us (remember there is a lot of bitterness towards the Ravens because Art Modell moved the team here). And 34 PPG is an accomplishment, regardless of who you play.

Yes, last time we played you guys we lost. And there were several factors that led to that loss. If Rex didn't call the timeout, if we weren't called for erroneous penalties, if some of our players remained disciplined, if our D did not allow you guys to make crucial conversions on critical downs and score in the final moments fo the game. The fact remains is that we lost that game. But, both you and I know that in this league you cannot live in the past. To claim that the Pats will win because you did in '07 is false security. We are not the same team, not the same coaching staff, not the same identity.

Lastly, I refuse to comment on unfounded cheap shots.