Ravens are overrated!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Ravens are overrated!

I can't believe this thread is still alive. I hope someone from Baltimore Calls us all racists again.That will keep it going until Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmorecityboy. Show bmorecityboy's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated!:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe this thread is still alive. I hope someone from Baltimore Calls us all racists again.That will keep it going until Sunday.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    I didn't start the foolishness until a Pat fan called Baltimore a cess pool. I love Baltimore. By that time I was 7 heinken's in, and it was on. I didn't take any of the ribbing serious. I respect the heck out of the Pats. I am really worried about them. I think that our biggest problem will be controlling Moss, Walker, and the recv., corp. Man I am not taking any of my words back from yesterday. Yall'.....yeah yall' started the name caling. It right here in black and white. New Englanders the rest of the country does think that you guys are arrogant as hell. It's probaly hard for you guys to understand that. The country really loves Tom Brady, because he is the ultimate good guy. It's the fans of the New England area that the majority of us hate. I am just telling you from an outsiders perspective. The country probaly likes the New York area more than the New England area. I think that the Pats would be America's Team, but it's the fan base that we love to hate. The stereo type is that it is a racist area. Althought that's probaly far from the true, but that is the perception. I am a die-hard Celtic fan in Bmore. First team to field an all black starting squad. You gotta love it, but the perception is still there. I know that race has no part in sports, but race is a part of our great country.  We don't come from a mono-culture. So we must deal with the subject. It shouldn't be taboo, because if we were sitting next to eachother at a game it wouldn't be. My thinking is that I would die right next to you in defending this great country, because I love it. I might not admit it but you are my American brother and I love you. If we were out of the country I got your back. Feel me!!!!! We as Americans are entitled to our likes and dislikes. Regardless of who it might offend my opinion counts. My opinion right now is that the Pats scuk!!!!!! It will be a good game. I am really worried about the Patriots, but I think we will win it. Go Ravens!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : Not at all. I have tremendous respect for the Pats. You guys have a quality organization that has a good tradition of playing solid football, evidenced by your record for the past couple of years. If you remember my closing statement, I said that you guys have a good team. I was responding to some of the fans on this forum that make it seem that it is going to be a cake walk for the Pats because of the Chargers game and the fact that KC and the Browns are combined 0-6. You have to look closer at that Chargers game to get a better handle on how we played. Even though we gave up huge numbers, they were 0-5 in the redzone. I don't know how comfortable you would be if Moss and co. had hundred yard games but no TD's, coming away with only FG's. I was pointing out some of the possible matchup problems our team can cause the Pats. Not saying that the Pats don't deserve to be on the same field. Either way, I look forward to a good game on Sunday.
    Posted by samic[/QUOTE]

Samic,  appreciate the rational response...  as for countering those fans who think this will be a cakewalk for the Pats, I am certain there are Ravens fans who feel the same for the Ravens.  At this juncture, considering last weekend's play of the two teams and the opponnets faced, the Pats were much more impressive given how many picked the Falcons to give them problems, if not beat the Pats.  There was no such doubt about the Ravens against the Browns.  In the Jets game, true, stats don't win games, but the Pats had much better game stats than the Jets, just didn't put points on the board.  All in all, this will be a good game, possibly the game of the week outside of the NO-Jests game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are overrated! : It's not smart to generalize based on very little exposure to something. One fan does not represent an entire fan base. It's like meeting one white or black person and assuming all of them must be the same based on your experience meeting that one person. There is no way one person can be representative sample for thousands. There are boneheads in every city and fan base, but that's no reason to close your mind to the rest of the people from that city and generalize them as all being the same. That's how prejudice starts.
    Posted by samic[/QUOTE]

So, Samic, why does the entire country seem to hate the Pats AND their Fans?  Mostly their fans.  Have you ever gone to post on USAToday, Sporting News, Fox Sports etc..?  The amount of hate posts towards the Pats is amazing.  Especially, from Steelers fans.  Like you commented about generalizing..  most people will remember that one outrageous post and think it applies to the entire fan base. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

So you respect the Pats and are worried about them but at the same time in your opinion the Pats s*ck? so you are worried about a s ucky team? what does that say about the Ravens?