ravens are saying the pats can be had

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

ravens are saying the pats can be had

I love motivation tools for the team.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/ravens_cb_makes.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: the ravens say the pats can be had

Stupid teams never learn do they Mosse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I love that this is a headline! What else do you expect them to say?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: the pats can be had

Sure the headline was enticing but ultimately midleading as the quote itself was nothing.

Very diplomatic and careful with his words he was, I thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: ravens are saying the pats can be had

being that he was on camera.he was being bitter sweet.oh yes the pats can be had,and then go to i hope,or maybe this and that.we all know what they are really saying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

"We hope to possibly, maybe step on the field with them and put up a fight, if possible."  This is not exactly bulletin-board material!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ahh ok, he wanted to be cocky and tried to pull himself back in.

In the quote simply as it is written it does not ssem like much of anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Well, DUH! With 6 losses, including three "give aways", and one "*" vs the Texans, what would YOU think? Give this Raven tool a Nobel! After all, if Obamarama Himself can get one for , well, doing nothing, let this tool get one for winning without even playing a game. All I know is that it gets tougher come game day. It's a shame they practiced playing Santa earlier this season vs the Colts, Broncos, and Fins. They could be home resting on a bye week as teh #2 seed.

Let him talk. If the Pats, after all these years, need this as motivation, it'll be one and done. If this Raven is right, will he be a genius, or will us Pats fans look for other reasons/excuses for the loss? 

Faith in the organization? You bet'chya! Faith in THIS team going deep in this year's playoffs? I wouldn't bet a nickel on them. Love to see them win and conquer adversity, but I just don't have the 2001 "feeling" with this group.

LET THE RAVEN CROW!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If you need to be motivated by idiots, you're in trouble. On the other hand, we did pretty well after Vanderwho flapped his face. On the hand, we're not as good as that Pats team. On the other hand...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

"but I just don't have the 2001 "feeling" with this group."

You had "a feeling" with the 2001 group? Really? You really thought they were going to go into New Orleans and beat the greatest show on turf? Really?

Come on, man!

There's no "feeling" until they win it all. Then you'll get your "feeling"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

"ravens are saying the pats can be had"

for about $500,000,000 and a kiss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

THE RHYME OF THE ANCIENT PAT'S FAN

"I would like to officially say it is possible on occasion to beat the New England Patriots in the postseason," ~Dominique Foxworth

~Das' a pretty bold boast...fightin' words if I ever heard them (god, I despise hubris in NFL guys).  Moss, Didn't know Foxworth was still in the league, But sorry ALL, He's maybe right though: Part of me can't help but comprehend that this is a rebuilding year of an 'up and down' team that's either really old, or really young, and lead by a QB with a broken finger and 3 cracked ribs.  But another part wants to believe The Patriots are as ripe for the pluckin' as They were in 2001 when we fielded a bunch a' nobodies, and after we lost another franchise star player.  But still I just don't know any longer... 

In "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner," Poet Samuel Coleridge once penned the phrase, "a sadder and a wiser man."  However, MOST people corrupt the terms to say either, "sadder but wiser" or "older but wiser."  The key to the whole thing is the "but" vs the "and."  Perhaps, after bearing witness to so much special greatness this decade's past it is I, who is "sadder, older but wiser" (to completely corrupt the phrase).  Coleridge was CORRECT in using the "and."  "Sadder BUT Wiser" offers a dissassociation of the words, breaking up Sadder/Wiser and infering that there's some appreciable difference in seperating the two words...  WHILE "Sadder AND Wiser" is a joining of the two words Sadder/Wiser...more, simply matter-of-fact, BOTH words are just as powerful and it matters not, pondering some overall difference of "sadder with wiser," IT matters more leaving the experience as a somehow CHANGED (sadder/older/or whatever) and AFFECTED-Because-Of-The-Experience (wiser)-Person...

ALL of Us Patriot Fans here (and even players) are Changed and Affected people because of what they have given Us this decade...  At worst, We become "Sadder BUT Wiser" in the sense that We expect things now differently...maybe more greatness all the time, and more sadness or frustrations when we see and sense That Our Team is NOT living up to our new-found and now changed expectations.  At best, We are "Sadder AND Wiser" in the sense that we simply are MOVED by the experience...

THIS is what Samuel Coleridge would have wanted:  To be Moved, Affected, and Changed by what Our Great Team has given Us, yet simply somehow, some way, NOT Become and Obsess about the past, While letting those past accomplishments murky up the present now with UNREAL Expectations inevitably leading to UGLY Disappointments with the here, now, and future.

ANYONE here ever see a movie or read a book and not be able to take your eyes off it, Inevitably leaving the experience as an ALTERED Person?

~In the end, Coleridge once received a letter that said his "Ancient Mariner" poem had "No Moral."  Coleridge wrote back that his poem had "Too MUCH of a Moral."  Ya SEE, Coleridge wanted people to "Suspend their Disbelief" in order to not just survive in the Now, but enjoy it in order become Changed, Affected and Moved people because of the experience, But NOT forever-to-the-detriment-of-the-future, Morally CORRUPTED through unrealistic expectations.  WE Patriot Fans need to start not only enjoying what We have now, but BELIEVING in what We have now...so too, Does This Team of Players have to let go and simply accept being "sadder, older, and wiser"...

Now let's try to WIN this one and IF we don't F' it...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"You had "a feeling" with the 2001 group? Really?"

I did

"You really thought they were going to go into New Orleans and beat the greatest show on turf? Really?"

Yep, sure did. After spanking the Steelers in the Burgh, you better believe it. The Pats adjusted for every team they played as the season progressed and they did it well. Way to many in the media discounted the Pats, and way too many "fans" bought into what they were saying. I watched those Pats games intently, new better, and felt the majority of the sports media outside of beantown were mailing it in.
     I recall feeling very pumped about the Pats after the Rams opening offensive possession, too - the Pats layed some serious lumber on the Rams receivers. The message was sent. Man, that was fun to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You weren't the only one Hog73, my friends and I were also confident enough to wager on the PAT's that day.  I get a feeling for this season's team as well...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Ravens talk before the game in order to warm up for when they need to make excuses after the game. There is no bigger whiner in football than Ray Lewis. He thinks he should be able bring guns and knives on the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

SA~

As I recall, it was some kind of ancient ship ride taking a groom to his wedding...random.  Anyway, during the trip, the guy starts seeing ghosts of long-dead sea sailors manning the ship and everything.  Laughably, I'm not even sure how it ends...The poem is pretty lengthy and very complicated written tale, changing narrative voices.  Wordsworth kinda purposely used His Poetic Form here as a kinda "Imaginative trek" in order to, who knows?  Perhaps, send the reader's mind off wandering..."Suspending Their Disbelief" in things that "Just might be" with "What could be...IF only"....

~Just like MVPkilla was purposely saying as he was jokingly pretending to comprehend nothing whatsoever towards my original purpose and point, We Pat's Fans really DO have to stop thinking real hard and stop overcomplicating things by mixing past memory with present desire (just an excellent point there killa...didn't think I'd be oudone in your deliberate literary technique of portending an "ADHD-attention span"...well played).  NOT the easiest thing for ANY of us to do by NOT weighing the present success of themselves and the things they love, with the very BEST things and accomplishments that they experienced sometime and somewhere in the past, no matter IF said success was even short and fleeting...   BUT to have any feelings like Future Idealism, or he!! ANY sort of Present Happiness, Ya gotta let go of the past...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

You weren't the only one Hog73, my friends and I were also confident enough to wager on the PAT's that day.  I get a feeling for this season's team as well...

Wozzy lol, To THIS very day, I remember that the spread changed from 14 point underdogs, TO 13 1/2 points...  Bet $100 bucks, and gambling ain't something I even enjoy (got plenty of other vices already)...Easy Money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I doubt Belichick can get that much motivation.  It is only a bit slightly harsher than "We're going to be on the field and give it our all and try to win on sunday"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Where are the Ray Lewis mug shots?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I love Foxworth's quote. This is a confident man to the point when asked if the Patriots can be beat he says "We hope to possibly, maybe step on the field with them and put up a fight, if possible."  Don't think I'd want to be in the proverbial "Foxhole" with Foxworth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

ew - He was speaking tongue-in-cheek.

I actually thought it was pretty funny. 

"So, Enoch, do you think you can get this project in on time?"

"I hope to possibly, maybe get things going soon...real soon and will, uhh, do most of what it takes to try."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

With their season on the line, this Ravens team just beat Testy Tom Cable, Jamarcus Russell and the Oakland Raiders by one score.  I saw two cornerbacks on injured reserve in the last two weeks, another one questionable last week, and three linebackers questionable in the last two weeks.  If there isn't anyone remaining in the back 7 except a couple of safeties, the Ravens had better blitz on every single play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"So, Enoch, do you think you can get this project in on time?"

"I hope to possibly, maybe get things going soon...real soon and will, uhh, do most of what it takes to try."

Root, not sure the author, but try sayin' this when your boss asks you that next time:  "Well, If at first I don't succeed, then I'll try and try again...but then I'll quit, 'cause seriously Is there any reason to be d#mn foolish about it?"  Personally though, I'm more of a "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" guy:

“I bet when neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would always end up saying, 'Don't forget the thick, heavy brows.' Then they would get all embarrassed because they remembered they had the big husky brows too, and they'd get mad and eat the snowman.”

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Yeah Enoch my bad, I glanced through the article quick at work and saw the quote.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

If we need motivation at this point why bother taking the field. The Ravens remind me of the guys from the movie......THE WARRIORS...........Patriots come out to playyyyyyyyaaaaa!!!!!  A bunch of street thugs that break all the rules at no expense............they are to undisciplined to win...........if they win then we played down  to yet another teams level............period