Ravens or Colts....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ravens or Colts....

Which one would travel to Denver and cause the most problem for the Broncos?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Ravens or Colts....

probably the Ravins. Flacco can pass long and they have a better D. alto the D is old and may have problems with the elevation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Definitely the Ravens.

Firstly, the Colts defense is terrible. They have great pass rushers and a good CB in Vontae Davis. Everything else is easy pickings for the Broncos.

The Ravens, on the other hand, were handing the Broncos a tough fight until Flackhole threw a 100 yard pick-6 just as the first half was coming to an end sending the Broncos from a 14-7 lead to a 21-7 lead.  That was the Fat lady's call to start singing because Joe Flacco is nothing without Ray Rice creating play action plays for him and that took the wind out of the sail of the Ravens. 

Might not play out the same way, especially since teams always play 10 times better in the playoffs. I don't expect the Ravens defense to play as badly as they have in recent weeks. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Colts have no chance of ever beating the Broncos.  Ravens are like 60-40.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Probably anyone that wins today will be the better test for Denver - these things can be really funny when you start talking about momentum, chemistry, confidence, etc. I'll go with the Ravens though because they have Rice and a better defense...the Broncos can be run on a bit. Honestly I think we got the short end of the stick in who we are going to face, but that's what happens when you don't have the number one seed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Ravens have the more intimidating D which could result in some physical play the Colts may not deliver.  Denver will have more bumps and bruises from playing the Ravens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Ravens have the more intimidating D which could result in some physical play the Colts may not deliver.  Denver will have more bumps and bruises from playing the Ravens.

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, I agree with most everyone.  I love the idea of the Donkies having to play Baltimore next week.  I bet Peyton wouldn't be looking forward to seeing the Ravens blitz package all day long.  One thing that Baltimore can still do is make a game physical and uncomfortable for the opponemnt.  I would still take Denver in that game, but one thing we have learned about Flacco is that he is very hot/cold.  If the "good Joe" shows up then I could see Baltimore having a real chance to win.  Also, it's too far out to really see what the weather would be, but I spend a lot of time skiing the Rockies in Jan/Feb and I can tell you that Denver can get downright miserable that time of year.  Very cold at times.  Let's hope for that type of weather, for Peyton's sake  :)  Of course, Baltimore must beat Indy to even get to this point.  I think today's game will be very close with both teams playing inspired (Pagano & Murderer's pending retirement) but I'll take Baltimore to pull it out late.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ravens.

1. Ray Rice and the fact he's due with Cam Cameron now gone.

2. Pitta/Dickson over the middle. Denver has crappy LBs in coverage.  Huge flaw.

3. Ray Lewis factor/Ravens D up front is better suited to contain Den's run game (Moreno), which is Gomer's lifeblood this season.

Gomer can't pass his way to a win agaisnt Baltimore even though the Ravens aren't good back there.  If they win today, which I think they do, they'll just channel that Ray Lewis thing. They won't want to lose on the road in Denver.

At the very least, they'll beat up Denver a bit.

[/QUOTE]

Good points.  Baltimore actually matches up pretty well against Denver.  In their first meeting, Baltimore was driving to take the lead just before the half when Flacco threw a HORRIBLE pass inside of Denver's 5 yard line, resulting in a devastating Pick-6.  Flacco was rattled after that, and Denver never looked back, pulling away in the second half.  Denver's pass rush would give Flacco some problems, and Baltimore's leaky secondary would need to play well, but I could see that matchup going either way.  You're right, even if Denver were to win I bet they would get pretty beat up in doing so.  No one plays a cheaper brand of football that our friends from Baltimore.  I really hope Balt wins today beacuse Den would kill Indy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Baltimore, no doubt.  I wouldn't really put too much emphasis on the previous game between the Ponies and Crows; that game was more of an anomaly than anything.  The Ravens were so cold at that point of the season and coupled with the amount of injuries they had and the early lead that the Ponies got, it wasn't much of a game.  It won't be like that next time if they play.

I fully expect the Ravens to beat up on the Colts today and then head into Denver and at least compete with Gomer's squad.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Realistically, I'm not sure it matters who wins today.  I see Denver beating either of these teams in Denver.  Ravens might have a bit better chance, but really I think we're not going to get a championship game in Foxboro unless we get really lucky . . . 

I think the Ravens are likely to win today, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Indy upsets them.  In some ways, I like that scenario, because the Ravens seem to be a team on the way down and Indy is a team on the way up and if Indy gets hot for a game or two maybe they can challenge Denver on emotion and momentum.  

Still, I think the AFC championship game is most likely to take place in Denver no matter who wins today . . . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I gotta go with the Colts having a better chance.  They are playing very fast and physical right now.  You gotta worry about the several older guys gowing up and playing in Denver.  That will hurt a lot of those older Ravens players, they will be out there huffing and puffing on the field wearing them downand Manning just picking them apart.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I would much prefer the Ravens to Win today and give the Bronco's a tough game next week.  Denver beats both teams next week, but at least the Ravens will leave their mark and Denver will have a few bumps and bruises.  Always tough to play a game after playing the Ravens/Steelers......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Colts. Ravens have lost 4 of 5, and suck on the road. Denver would annihliate them in Mile High

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

More motivation ?

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL

BREAKING: Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians hospitalized and will not coach today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More motivation ?

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL

BREAKING: Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians hospitalized and will not coach today.

[/QUOTE]

yep, more drama to drive them to win

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

probably the Ravins. Flacco can pass long and they have a better D. alto the D is old and may have problems with the elevation.

[/QUOTE]

As I said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well, we know the asnwer now, folks!