Ravens think AFC East is weak division.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Ravens think AFC East is weak division.

Just checking the banter at the Sun. What a delusional bunch of whiners.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Ravens think AFC East is weak division.

Is it Sunday yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I know it's just BS. But they think playing Cincy 2 times a year is tough. Come on Game day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it Sunday yet?

[/QUOTE]

Um...he's right. Miami,Jets and Buffalo were pretty sad this year. Just like the last few years. Thats 1 thing the Pats got going for them. If Pats played in same division as Balt, they wouldnt do so well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

And what's their record against the Pats?

That says what about the Ravens?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it Sunday yet?

[/QUOTE]

Um...he's right. Miami,Jets and Buffalo were pretty sad this year. Just like the last few years. Thats 1 thing the Pats got going for them. If Pats played in same division as Balt, they wouldnt do so well.

[/QUOTE]

The problem for those teams is they play the Pats twice a year. If not they would be division winners once in awhile.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I have to agree with the Baltimore boys.  What QB/WR combo are you scared of in this conference?  Very average and their records indicate that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to agree with the Baltimore boys.  What QB/WR combo are you scared of in this conference?  Very average and their records indicate that.

[/QUOTE]
    Well you still have to compete with division winners and conference champions in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

AFC is a weak division...Pats are the only good team.

Even if you take out the games they play against the Pats you can see they aren't really good teams. Thought we all agreed that this division is plain bad.

Miami is probably the second best team but I still think they're average at best.

That being said, just because the Pats come from a bad division doesn't make them bad. Giants played in a rather mediocre division last season and they won the Super Bowl. Who cares about the strength of the division.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

This is a valid point. Honestly, how can you say that the AFC East is anything near "strong"? There are the Pats, and everyone else who can beat up on each other every week. Every season the Pats play 10 soft games: 6 vs division, two against the #3 and 4 teams in another AFC and NFC conference. There is no reason they shouldn't be 9-1 before playing the remaining 6 "tough" games every year. Just look at their schedules year in and year out,a dn look at who they beat. No sevret they go .500 against "tougher" teams. Ravens have a valid point. With teh Steelers in that division, the Ravens play 2 less "soft" games. Makes a difference. 

Methinks the Ravens aren't taking a closer look at their own division: 2 games vs Cincy, and 2 more vs Cleveland. Then there are the Steelers. Guess they think this makes their division more "legit".

Bottom line is you can only play the teams you have scheduled, AND you better beat the teams you should and have to.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Well you still have to compete with division winners and conference champions in the playoffs.

Yes you do but I don't see how that has to do anything with the strength of one's division.  The Pats are one fine football team in what I consider a weak division.  The Jets are a joke.  The Buffalo experiment blew up.  What happened there any way?  Miami is a team in transition and will be for a while.  It's pretty messed up but was the best out of the three.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it Sunday yet?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are right, the Ravens wouldn't make it to the playoffs if the Pats were in their division. So, yeah, Balt wouldn't do so well!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AFC is a weak division...Pats are the only good team.

Even if you take out the games they play against the Pats you can see they aren't really good teams. Thought we all agreed that this division is plain bad.

Miami is probably the second best team but I still think they're average at best.

That being said, just because the Pats come from a bad division doesn't make them bad. Giants played in a rather mediocre division last season and they won the Super Bowl. Who cares about the strength of the division.

[/QUOTE]

If you take out the games against the Pats, the AFC East is the second best!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

I'm so tired about hearing how great the Ravens are now... Give me a GD break...  Sunday it's put up or shut up...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes you do but I don't see how that has to do anything with the strength of one's division.  The Pats are one fine football team in what I consider a weak division.  The Jets are a joke.  The Buffalo experiment blew up.  What happened there any way?  Miami is a team in transition and will be for a while.  It's pretty messed up but was the best out of the three.

[/QUOTE]

Since you only play 6 games within your division all teams play the majority of games outside the division. This would seem to level the playing field in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm so tired about hearing how great the Ravens are now... Give me a GD break...  Sunday it's put up or shut up...

[/QUOTE]

I actually  like all the jabber.

This is the game I've been waiting for ever since the Pats lost the Super Bowl. Granted, it took more histrionics than I was expecting for it to occur, but this has to be the game people want to see and all the yapping simply reinforces (for me) the notion that when Ray Lewis and the rest of these blowhards realize that they are done -- once again, and some of them for the last time -- I want them to look across the field and know that it was Tom Brady and the New England Patriots who sent them on their way.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well this is an interesting thread all posts have been removed. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

All Ravens fans do is whine. Strange behaviour for a group that also rants about how tough they are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

In response to EastTraveler's comment:

I actually  like all the jabber.

This is the game I've been waiting for ever since the Pats lost the Super Bowl. Granted, it took more histrionics than I was expecting for it to occur, but this has to be the game people want to see and all the yapping simply reinforces (for me) the notion that when Ray Lewis and the rest of these blowhards realize that they are done -- once again, and some of them for the last time -- I want them to look across the field and know that it was Tom Brady and the New England Patriots who sent them on their way.

Love it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Pats have the Brady/Welker combo, and the Ravens have the Flacco/Smith como. The Steelers had Big Ben/Wallace...but Ben was hurt, and Wallace had an off year, as he was pre-occupied with getting his new contract. Who do the Browns have? Does Bengal's QB Andy Dalton scare anybody? Really, what difference does it make? It's just another attempt by the "baltimore Boys" to convince themselves that this year will be different.

Both the Patriots and Ravens are elite teams, capable of beating anyone, when they play their "A" game. The difference between the two is that the Patriots have dominated over the past decade, having won their fair share of big games...three SBs, and 5 AFC titles. Meanwhile the Buzzards' claim to fame lies only in the area of trash talking, cheap shots, and excuse making...after they invariably lose. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Hi Pat.   While I do believe the east is weak it doesn't take away that the Pats are an elite team.  The Ravens are going to find out real soon.  Expect more complaining after Sunday!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Baltimore is right about that, they play in a tougher division. Probably has cost them home field advantage a couple times versus the Pats. 

That said you take your lumps, all kinds of tough breaks in football and you have to move ahead. For example we have to put up with Pollard intentionally injuring one of our key players each season...