Ray lewis to Retire if he wins Superbowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Ray lewis to Retire if he wins Superbowl

Ray Lewis will retire if the Ravens win a Super Bowl

www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/222/derrick-mason" class="nameLink">Derrick Mason believes the Jets have a better chance to win a Super Bowl this year than the Ravens.  If Mason proves wrong and Baltimore does win a title, www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2246/ray-lewis" class="nameLink">Ray Lewis says he www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15417777/legend-lewis-wants-another-ring-for-career-wrap">won’t play another season.

“My son will be a junior this year. I only play this game for another ring,” Lewis told Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com. “If we can win it this year, and I’m being brutally honest with you, if we win it this year, I’m gone to then spend as much time as I can with him. I’m gone to be with my son. And I feel like now we have enough pieces in place to make a good run at the Super Bowl.”

We tend to agree. The offense has questions, but it’s average at worst.  The defense should remain stellar.  Perhaps most important: The Ravens and Steelers get to fatten up against the NFC West in their out of conference games.   That could be the difference between making the playoffs or getting a bye for the AFC North champ.

Vegas has the Ravens at 14-1 to win a title. That makes them the eighth most likely team to win it all, which sounds about right.

That also means the odds are heavily in favor of Lewis playing longer than one season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Ray lewis to Retire if he wins Superbowl

Mark Ray Lewis down for 2012.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Ray lewis to Retire if he wins Superbowl:
    [QUOTE]Mark Ray Lewis down for 2012.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

And for 2013 and 2014.

The Ravens got worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

i go the other way. just retire ray. it's not happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

See ya next year, Ray!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I think he means well, but I don't think Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl worthy quarterback.  In fact, I question his ability to perform in the clutch altogether.

Oh, and Ed Reed has to stay healthy, which he's struggled to do these past couple years.  Chris Carr is not the top cornerback on a top-flight defense.

Their front seven are good.  Suggs, Lewis, the new kid (Johnson) next to Lewis at MLB, Haloti Ngata... but their secondary is porous minus Ed Reed and the Patriots showed this two years ago in Foxborough

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

Why won't he just retire now and spare us all from his mouth and that stupid dance he does!  He should just be thankful he was able to play instead of watching the games from the jail cell he should be living in!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I can't see the Ravens winning a championship with Flacco at QB. I'm not saying he's a terrible QB, but he has hardly no mobility.  Any kind of pass rush and sooner or later he gets stripped of the ball. I've seen him make some fantastic passes, but he just seems to give up the ball in the worse situations. I think this will be a down year for the AFC North. Both the Ravens & Steelers on the defensive side are beginning to age, and neither Flacco or Roethlisberger are good enough QB's to carry a team, without a strong defense.  I don't see Polamalu being around much longer, I think his injuries will limit him again this year. I think the AFC will come down to New England & the Jets. But you still have to play the games. I'm just glad football is right around the corner!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Ray lewis to Retire if he wins Superbowl:
    [QUOTE]Ray Lewis will retire if the Ravens win a Super Bowl www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/222/derrick-mason " class="nameLink" /> Derrick Mason believes the Jets have a better chance to win a Super Bowl this year than the Ravens.  If Mason proves wrong and Baltimore does win a title, www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2246/ray-lewis " class="nameLink"> Ray Lewis says he www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15417777/legend-lewis-wants-another-ring-for-career-wrap "> won’t play another season . “My son will be a junior this year. I only play this game for another ring,” Lewis told Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com. “If we can win it this year, and I’m being brutally honest with you, if we win it this year, I’m gone to then spend as much time as I can with him. I’m gone to be with my son. And I feel like now we have enough pieces in place to make a good run at the Super Bowl.” We tend to agree. The offense has questions, but it’s average at worst.  The defense should remain stellar.  Perhaps most important: The Ravens and Steelers get to fatten up against the NFC West in their out of conference games.   That could be the difference between making the playoffs or getting a bye for the AFC North champ. Vegas has the Ravens at 14-1 to win a title. That makes them the eighth most likely team to win it all, which sounds about right. That also means the odds are heavily in favor of Lewis playing longer than one season.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess that means that Lewis will be back with the Buzzards in 2012...LOL!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Ray lewis to Retire if he wins Superbowl:
    [QUOTE] I can't see the Ravens winning a championship with Flacco at QB. I'm not saying he's a terrible QB, but he has hardly no mobility.  Any kind of pass rush and sooner or later he gets stripped of the ball. I've seen him make some fantastic passes, but he just seems to give up the ball in the worse situations. I think this will be a down year for the AFC North. Both the Ravens & Steelers on the defensive side are beginning to age, and neither Flacco or Roethlisberger are good enough QB's to carry a team, without a strong defense.  I don't see Polamalu being around much longer, I think his injuries will limit him again this year. I think the AFC will come down to New England & the Jets. But you still have to play the games. I'm just glad football is right around the corner!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Down year?  You guys both get 4 automatic wins against the pathetic NFC West.  I wouldn't give up too quickly.  While I don't see the Ravens beating the Jets unless Ed Reed is healthy and Chris Carr plays out of his mind against Holmes, I could certainly still see the Steelers beating the Jets again if Polamalu is healthy

The AFC North defenses are built around stellar safety play and great front sevens, but Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu both put their teams above the Jets with Sanchez at QB.  Reed and Polamalu are both infinitely smarter than Sanchez, while both front sevens can hold up agianst the Jets' hogs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If he wants to win a Superbowl before he retires he should come over to the Pats...boy would he look good in a Pats uniform...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Translation: Ray wants 3 year contract...lol...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Well, it looks like Ray comes back next year and years after that as well.  The road to the SB is not easy in the AFC.  The division goes through the Steelers and then the Colts, Jets and Pats have a big say in what goes on.  More so than the Ravens, of all teams.  I'm not impressed with them much with the exception of Ngata. 

I will say this for Ray.  At his age he has been able to stay healthy.  He never misses a game.  With age come injuries and slower recuperating.  It will catch up with the Ravens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

with Mayo and Spikes I'll pass on Ray all day

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't see Cleveland being much of a pain at all this year.  They do need another draft before they start to be a threat.  The Browns look to be on their way that's for sure.  Now, the Browns aren't an automatic win any more and better be taken seriously.  On that I can agree.  But if the Ravens and Steelers go in and take care of business there shouldn't be any problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Then he should have signed with New England!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

bingo!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Isn't cleveland like 40 million under the cap? I think Holmgren has them on the right path but right now it looks like a loooonnngggggg path.