Re-sign Welker?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Re-sign Welker?

In response to RockScully's comment:

Here's where you slip up:  Brady didn't have a "#1" a "#2", etc from 2001-2004. 

This whole deep threat, he must have a legit #1 and #2 rhetoric only started in 2007.

How long have you been a Pats fan for? Serious question. It's ok if you just started in 2007, I am just curious.

In this offense, no one should be a "#1" or "#2".  Brady's #1 was the guy who was open, pre 2007. 

Brady was a better QB, pre 2007.

I became a Pats fan the day BB took over as head coach.  With your football knowledge that you are showing on here that would have probably been the same year you were born.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It's mind blowing!  Only Patriots fans will say release their most productive player.  It's like if Vikings fans were asking to get rid of Peterson because he gets the ball too much.  Unreal!!!

To think that Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman, and Lloyd can stepp up to fill the void of Welker is crazy.  threat or pick up someone who can give more then what Lloyd has been able to do. 

Rock, 

That's a rather ignorant answer to someone who has a different point of view than you. Why don't you reply with an answer that makes sense instead.

Hetch 

Ummm, wow.^^

Someone has a raging man crusch on Welker, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This isn't MLB. There is a cap.  Last time I checked Welker had two key drops that changed the SB and AFC title game.

You mean this one where the ball should have been passed like this??

Yeah, that one, where Welker lost the SB by dropping a very catchable ball.

Well... the mickey mouse D could have bailed him out, but we knew that wasn't going to happen.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

First and formost -That pass from Brady to Welker in the SB was a horrible pass. Anybody that says different is a memeber of the Brady Apologists movement-It's getting more and more members every day!

Why wouldn't you sign Welker...nitwits?

Want him genius? We'll trade your team his rights for your #1 pick. nitwit

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

It's mind blowing!  Only Patriots fans will say release their most productive player.  It's like if Vikings fans were asking to get rid of Peterson because he gets the ball too much.  Unreal!!!

To think that Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman, and Lloyd can stepp up to fill the void of Welker is crazy.  threat or pick up someone who can give more then what Lloyd has been able to do. 

Ummm, wow.^^

Someone has a raging man crusch on Welker, too.

Really?  You think I do or is it possibly that I know what I'm talking about.  See what you post on here I clearly know what I am talking about when it comes to debating with you!

So wise guy...... Tell me how Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman and Lloyd all did compared to Welker last year?

Let me help you.... Gronk out due to injury 11 games played, Edelman out due to injury 9 games played, Hernadez 10 games played, Lloyd not nearly as productive as hoped he would be.  In the 6 years Welker has been a Patriot he has only missed 3 games and has been huge production all 6 season.  Can't say that about the 4 players I mentioned.  And you say man crush, I say your Welker debate is weak sauce dude!  You apparently prove post in and post out that you know nothing about football! 

Well, what it did is it forced them run more which kept Brady more upright and he only had 8 INTs, which is great.

You seem to think more Welker equates to more winning in the postseason and I, along with many others, simply disagree.

You seem to think it's preposterous that getting a cheaper, younger Hartline (as an example) on the flank to go with Lloyd, Gronk and Hernandez in the middle, some more running, maybe a quality all purpose FB in the mix, is a WORSE thing.

It's not a coincidence that the better, physical defenses beat us when we over-use Welker or a Woodhead.

Those are finesse players whether you want to realize it or not.  And, I am not questioning their toughness as players either.

This is about offensive philosophy. How many more playoff or SB games do you want to see where Welker is productive on paper, but we can't score in the red zone? What would it take?  1 or more SB losses for you?

Welker is going to cost around 7-9 million to sign here. If you clear that away, you can get a Hartline at 4 and quite possibly someone else at 4, too.

Branch is done, so they need at least slam dunk flanker in here, preferably one with some size and IQ to run multiple routes in the tree.

We need to stretch the field sideways, not just lengthwise.  We only do it now in and around the hashes. That's Brady's window which is too small. He makes it look easy, but there are times when he's not great and teams make plays on those routes. Get a perimeter route runner in here.

Lloyd is a LOT better than you think, too.  He's nasty in the games where Brady established playaction and used it.  I can name half the games where this happened and LLoyd was very good.

Lets not get carried away, Lloyd is a # 3 on any other team and should be with the Patriots.  The Patriots need a #1 or #2, however you want to figure Welker. 

I don't want to restructure the entire offense when all that has been missing since Moss left was a deep threat.  BB has yet to fill that spot!  Everything else is in place!  Get someone who can stretch the field and it opens up the entire short to mid field passing game and the run game.    If you don't think having Welker on the field opens up the mid to deep stuff then you need to check yourself.  

Sorry, but you're wrong here. Lloyd was the #1 for Denver and the #1 for St. Louis before he came here into an offense where he was never going to be the #1 option.

He's a solid #2, OKAY #1 if you really need him to be. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here's where you slip up:  Brady didn't have a "#1" a "#2", etc from 2001-2004. 

This whole deep threat, he must have a legit #1 and #2 rhetoric only started in 2007.

How long have you been a Pats fan for? Serious question. It's ok if you just started in 2007, I am just curious.

In this offense, no one should be a "#1" or "#2".  Brady's #1 was the guy who was open, pre 2007. 

Brady was a better QB, pre 2007.

I became a Pats fan the day BB took over as head coach.  With your football knowledge that you are showing on here that would have probably been the same year you were born.

Are you serious? You became a fan in 2000 and you're how old? So, did you root for a different team before or are you new to following the game in 2000?

No offense, but my football knowledge is as strong as anyone's here from what I've seen.

Why don't you reread the question you asked me.  You asked when did I become a Pats fan.  Not a football fan!  Wow!  Do you even know what you write on here?

I have been a football fan all my life.  I have played many years of organized football, coached multiple years of organized football and have always watched football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No offense, but my football knowledge is as strong as anyone's here from what I've seen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

espn's take:

New England Patriots: Wide receiver Wes Welker. The Patriots have several important free agents. Sebastian Vollmer is a top right tackle. Aqib Talib is easily New England’s best cover corner. However, none of them matches up to the production of Welker. He is the glue that makes New England's offense work. He recorded his fifth 100-catch season for the Patriots, and it's hard to see anyone making up for that kind of production. It's probably a 50-50 chance Welker stays. The Patriots have played hardball with Welker for more than a year now and most likely won't overpay to keep him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

espn's take:

New England Patriots: Wide receiver Wes Welker. The Patriots have several important free agents. Sebastian Vollmer is a top right tackle. Aqib Talib is easily New England’s best cover corner. However, none of them matches up to the production of Welker. He is the glue that makes New England's offense work. He recorded his fifth 100-catch season for the Patriots, and it's hard to see anyone making up for that kind of production. It's probably a 50-50 chance Welker stays. The Patriots have played hardball with Welker for more than a year now and most likely won't overpay to keep him.

I agree with this.  I'm leaning more towards this deal getting done.  Pats need to make a respectable offer and Wes needs to take it.  Anything less then $8 mill per is a joke so the Pats better be careful here and do the right thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

espn's take:

I agree with this.  I'm leaning more towards this deal getting done.  Pats need to make a respectable offer and Wes needs to take it.  Anything less then $8 mill per is a joke so the Pats better be careful here and do the right thing.

Pats better do the right thing and re-sign WELKER.  Only dependable WR on team. Chemistry with Brady -unheard of.