Real reason for Wilson pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Real reason for Wilson pick

Come on guys, in the cold light of dawn, you know it's true. The Wilson pick is just proof of Belichicks arrogance, and specifically of the contempt he has for all the draft experts like Kiper and McShay and Mayock etc.
    And even more so - us.
    And what all the Belichick cultists flat out don't get is that it doesn't matter if Tavon becomes an all-pro (which I would love). Unless there is some concrete proof that some other team had targeted Wilson high there was ABSOLUTELY no need WHATSOEVER to draft him at 48. Would not the Pats be a better team with Konz and Bequette and then Wilson in the 5th?
    How many of you guys who have been on Mb's draft thread even want to do this again next year? What is the point? We discuss and study and argue and reason and then the "genius" reaches his hand into a fishbowl and pulls out a name.
    Draft value??? The genius has rendered that term obsolete.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Real reason for Wilson pick

In response to "Real reason for Wilson pick": [QUOTE]Come on guys, in the cold light of dawn, you know it's true. The Wilson pick is just proof of Belichicks arrogance, and specifically of the contempt he has for all the draft experts like Kiper and McShay and Mayock etc. And even more so - us. And what all the Belichick cultists flat out don't get is that it doesn't matter if Tavon becomes an all-pro (which I would love). Unless there is some concrete proof that some other team had targeted Wilson high there was ABSOLUTELY no need WHATSOEVER to draft him at 48. Would not the Pats be a better team with Konz and Bequette and then Wilson in the 5th? How many of you guys who have been on Mb's draft thread even want to do this again next year? What is the point? We discuss and study and argue and reason and then the "genius" reaches his hand into a fishbowl and pulls out a name. Draft value??? The genius has rendered that term obsolete. Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE] Good point, you should go away. You don't need all that hassle of commenting on a draft thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

right because BB's whole purpose in life is to confound everyone particularly the fans.  He reads the mbs, particlularly this one and designs his whole draft strategy around being a contrarian to the accumulated wisdom of this board.

If the team happens to win then that is an added bonus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yet with all the arrogance, contempt and distain for all the peon masses, he somehow manages to be the winningest coach in current NFL history.
    Dam him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Real reason for Wilson pick:
    [QUOTE]Come on guys, in the cold light of dawn, you know it's true. The Wilson pick is just proof of Belichicks arrogance, and specifically of the contempt he has for all the draft experts like Kiper and McShay and Mayock etc. And even more so - us. And what all the Belichick cultists flat out don't get is that it doesn't matter if Tavon becomes an all-pro (which I would love). Unless there is some concrete proof that some other team had targeted Wilson high there was ABSOLUTELY no need WHATSOEVER to draft him at 48. Would not the Pats be a better team with Konz and Bequette and then Wilson in the 5th? How many of you guys who have been on Mb's draft thread even want to do this again next year? What is the point? We discuss and study and argue and reason and then the "genius" reaches his hand into a fishbowl and pulls out a name. Draft value??? The genius has rendered that term obsolete.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Al-right FINE...(uggh, I hate to do this, 'cause that pick svck#d)- O.k., I'm on board with Tavon Wilson being the 3rd Best Safety this year, AND <stiffle some more thr0w-up /> I guess- <quick pause to hit myself on the head 6x in a row> I gue- I'm POSITIVE that Tavon Wilson will bl0w the careers of Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Devon Still, Mohammed Sanu, and Brandon Thompson Straight outta the water...ALL of them combined.  Oh gahd, Why oh WHY are you making me place my loyalty with this simply !d!ot!c selection by forcing me to when you write sentences like ya did up above?!?  Have you no heart?!!  I mean, ya GOTTA know where our loyalties rest at the end of the day here in New England, even WHEN rippin' Belichick a new one for doin' some dvmb-#ss move...  Man, I HATE to go along with this pick...  Oh well, Here on out for the next 7 years or so=Full Fledged Support of #48 Selection, Tavid Wilhelm or WhateverTH this 1st year IR and 2nd year cut's name is.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I think BB could have drafted Kendal Reyes in that spot, and then wheeled and dealed and got Wilson in the 5th. Another big mistake BB made was in trading the 2nd round pick number 62 to the Packers for the 90th and 160th. Cleveland gave up pick 67 and got picks 87 and 120 for them. I think every team knew BB was desperate for more picks and dealt with him accordingly. I remember Green Bay a few years ago in the draft got the better of BB. We traded up with them in the 3rd round to get Brandon Tate, and GB took Greg Jennings in our slot. In New England Tavon Wilson will forever be tied to Kendal Reyes who was one pick behind. I thought Reyes was a steal at 48.