really like how the draft is shaping up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

really like how the draft is shaping up

Just watching NFL network and their talking about the upcoming draft. When the Patriots first pick comes up 22 out of the 26 picks will have been anything other then DE. That means a top 5 DE pick in this years draft. Worse case scenario more DE are picked then thought so BB trades that 27th pick, and with their second 1st still get a top 10 DE. 
      I just love how BB goes against the grain. Drafting positions that teams overlook while shunning away from positions that get a lot of heat. With that philosophy we have drafted McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, Soldier, Ridley, and Vereen(how i think will be a break out player this year).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: really like how the draft is shaping up

I've been saying that this draft could do for the defense what the Gronk/Hernandez draft did for the offense.....give us good starters with an impact player at OLB/DE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like the optimism here and I share in it.  Draft has the potential to really reload the Pats D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

I agree. I feel really good about the draft.  And why shouldn't we be optomistic? We are lucky to have a great franchise and management.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'd like to share you're optimism but we've heard this before. The Patriots have had plenty of early round ammo since 2009 but has it been a successful hunt?

34 Patrick Chung
    40 Ron Brace
    41 Darius Butler
    58 Sebastian Vollmer
    83 Brandon Tate
    97 Tyrone McKenzie

27 Devin McCourty
    42 Rob Gronkowski
    53 Jermaine Cunningham
    62 Brandon Spikes
    90 Taylor Price
    113 Aaron Hernandez

17 Nate Solder
    33 Ras-I Dowling
    56 Shane Vereen
    73 Stevan Ridley
    74 Ryan Mallett
    138 Marcus Cannon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

3 of the 6 picks in 2009 are still on the team, 4 of the 6 in 2010 are currently starters and the last one (cunningham) had a great first year. All picks from 2011 still on the team and don't seem to be on the verge of losing their jobs at all... Not bad if you ask me...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: really like how the draft is shaping up:
    [QUOTE]Like the optimism here and I share in it.  Draft has the potential to really reload the Pats D.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

The truth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

The 09 draft sucked, but at least we got Chung and Vollmer, but the last two have been great. In 10 we got the two TE, McCourty, and Spikes. I really like Spikes instinct he really showed it off in the playoffs. I think this past year was really good as well. The Pats drafted the best LT in the draft, on of the top guards in the draft. Talent wise they also drafted one of the top QB's in the draft. Finally the two running backs, and for how well Ridley played his rookie year Vereen may end up being the better back. As for Cunnigham this is make or break it for him three years in the system he will either get it and produce, or be cut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: really like how the draft is shaping up:
    [QUOTE]The 09 draft sucked, but at least we got Chung and Vollmer, but the last two have been great. In 10 we got the two TE, McCourty, and Spikes. I really like Spikes instinct he really showed it off in the playoffs. I think this past year was really good as well. The Pats drafted the best LT in the draft, on of the top guards in the draft. Talent wise they also drafted one of the top QB's in the draft. Finally the two running backs, and for how well Ridley played his rookie year Vereen may end up being the better back. As for Cunnigham this is make or break it for him three years in the system he will either get it and produce, or be cut.
    Posted by moorepatsfan54[/QUOTE]

I think injuries may make that 09 draft a complete washout when looked at a few years from now and that's a shame. Chung gets nicked up so much that he may never turn into the player he probably could/should be and Vollmer has a back injury that doesn't seem to want to go away. The rest of that draft just flat out stunk.

The 2010 draft will blow the roof off of most drafts if Spikes and Cunningham can get their acts together off the field (for Spikes) and on the field for Cunningham.

The 2011 draft looks as if it will land us a left tackle (which is a very hard position to fill), but the corner (Dawling) looks like a guy that will always get hurt. Who the hell get's injured during their campus workout for scouts? This guy does. He got hurt five minutes into his first training camp practice and again 35 minutes into his first NFL action...wow. I think this draft will be made or broken by the two runners selected...I'm betting one of them will stick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Don't worry about waisting your time with NL  network, ESPN or other mock drafts You have to learn from history with BB  He will trade down with at least one of the first round picks, and proably one of the 2nds.  My feeling the team needs to use all four.  At least 3 on defense.  Possible one on running back.  Brady has 3 to 5 years, and if you want to win one or two more super bowls before he retires, the BB needs to use the picks now