REALLY OBRIEN??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

REALLY OBRIEN??????

MARONEY HAS BEEN RUNNING GOOD FOR THE MOST PART OF THE GAME. YOU RUN A DRAW ON 2nd AND 1?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: REALLY OBRIEN??????

Lets see, the last 5 runs went for 10 yards each so lets try something else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

And just as we expected: OBrien has abandoned the running game in the 2nd Half. If we win it will be in spite of Obrien

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

The playcalling in the second half was ridiculous today.  Especially near the end of the game when we need to RUN the ball to kill the clock and he decides it's time to pass it again.. come on!!!!

And another note about the offensive play... WHERE are the TE's?!?!?!

4 people caught passes today - Moss, Welker, Morris, Faulk.  Seriously? It's not that hard to stop an offense if they only have to defend 2 WR's.  Get Watson, Baker, Aiken, Edelman more involved!!!!

And Brady must have tunnel vision because I swear he threw Welker's way a TON of times.. they need to spread it around like they used to, this is getting way too predictable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

o brien is the worst ever.  i said it in week 1 after seeing the offense in person.  and i stand by my word

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: REALLY OBRIEN??????:
    [QUOTE]o brien is the worst ever.  i said it in week 1 after seeing the offense in person.  and i stand by my word
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

he needs to get the boot, bring back Charlie, or heck let TB play QB and be the OC at the same time

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

yes.  another 4th quarter meltdown by the offense.  if the d wasnt playing so ferocious against a patchwork line, we would have lost for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

This guy really needs to go this offseason. The NFL is a game of adjustments. Unfortunately this guy is one of the worst for a OC in the current game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I agree with you all this guy must go.  He is the worst OC.  I know it's a learning curve but this guy is terrible.  He is in over his head.  Maybe me underated Josh.  We caught lighing in a bottle with him.  O'Brien MUST GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Tell me about it! Maroney runs like a friggan beast the whole first half and you take away the ball from him??? Go back to what lombardi said "we are going to create a scene. and we are going to run this scene untill they prove to us they can stop it". In other word Obrien.....If it aint broke dont fix it!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Couldnt Tom Brady put some heat on Belichick or someone to get OBrien out of there? After being to 4 Super Bowls, Tom Brady deserves that kind of influence. He needs to quit being a nice guy and voice his frustration. Brady needs to lobby for Weis.

Why are the TE's not being used? The Pats used the TE's the 2nd fewest times in NFL, after the Lions.

The Pats have a horrendous redzone td %. They score td's in redzone only 50% of time. The Colts and Saints score 70+% of the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

BUMP!!

Keep this subject going. This bum needs to go and go soon. The offense has so many weapons this dude is not using. Hopefully they can bring back Charlie next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

This offense has become totally predictable.  If I can sit at home and call out what they are going to run, i am sure the other team knows.  It is a miracle that they have won at all!   A tribute to Brady and crew that they can make the plays work when the opposing team knows what is coming.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've said several times, that one of the things I find maddening with O'Brian is how he yanks the guy with the hot hand.  If a receiver is hot, they make sure to keep throwing to him until the defense adjusts.  If a running back is hot, they seem to say "good job, but now let's see if someone else is hot".  I wish BB would break that down on tape.  Is there a reason why they do that?  Does the defense switch up when they do that?  

If Maroney is hot you should go with it until the defense proves they can stop him.  That doesn't mean 30 consecutive running plays, but it does mean you don't completely abandon the running game, you don't sit Maroney down to let someone else see if their hot too, and you definitely don't abandon a good running game when you have the lead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

at some point, our offense is going to quit if this guy keeps this act up.  Maroney will stop running hard because he will lose all motivation to do so. 

dear bill o brien,

you are the worst offensive coordinator ever.  a 10 year playing madden is less predictable than you.  You have no idea how to get everyone involved and I cannot even imagine just how bad you would be if we still had Caldwell and Gaffney as feature receivers.  You managed to make Tom Brady and Randy Moss look average at best and made us the most predictable offense in the league.  in case, i forgot to metion it, you are a horrible coordinator and I hope for the sake of all Patriots fans you are fired as I am writing this.  you are not 1/5 of what Charlie Wies is, nor are 1/8 of JMD.  You have a fine running back in Maroney and you continuously choke in the second half by not giving him the ball.

sincerely,

Loyal Patriots Fans. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Don't know if this is Brady or O'brien but seems the offense just stalls in 2nd half when they try to go long ball on every 2nd down. Often with tight coverage. Forces a 3rd and long, then can't execute, and end up with a 3 and out. Seems that has been the scheme for the 2nd half of every game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know if this is Brady or O'brien but seems the offense just stalls in 2nd half when they try to go long ball on every 2nd down. Often with tight coverage. Forces a 3rd and long, then can't execute, and end up with a 3 and out. Seems that has been the scheme for the 2nd half of every game.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

Defininatly Obrien. He just doesnt know how to stick with what works. He tries to get fancy instead of sticking with the basics. Ben Watson came out of the gates this year guns blazing and what ever happened to him? barely in the games now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Horrible play calling!! Anyone can guess whats coming. At one point they were triple teaming Weker on a 3rd down and Tom is still throwing it to him!! Ben watson, Chris Baker, Aiken, Edleman, Faulk...  Hello  O'brien these names ring a bell???? They are also on offence!!

When we got Baker, I thought we added another decent pass catching TE. with out looking stats, I can imagine, he didn't catch more then 5-8 passes all year.. What a waste..... I hope BB realize this soon before its too late.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hope we get a real OC next season, but at the same time, Neal was missing and the guy who played RG was as bad as Kaczur is playing RT. 

Maroney had to make something out of nothing too much in the last game.

The only thing I can applauded O'brien on was the fact that he passes the ball on 3rd-&-7 to Welker to run the clock to the two minute mark. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The playcalling in the second half was ridiculous today.  Especially near the end of the game when we need to RUN the ball to kill the clock and he decides it's time to pass it again.. come on!!!! And another note about the offensive play... WHERE are the TE's?!?!?! 4 people caught passes today - Moss, Welker, Morris, Faulk.  Seriously? It's not that hard to stop an offense if they only have to defend 2 WR's.  Get Watson, Baker, Aiken, Edelman more involved!!!! And Brady must have tunnel vision because I swear he threw Welker's way a TON of times.. they need to spread it around like they used to, this is getting way too predictable.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

jason and ALL:

RE: TEs and WRS...

In Today's NFL, There is less and less an appreciable difference with slower, bigger, smash-mouth Strong Safeties and Faster, smaller, deep-field coverage Free Safeties.  More and more we're seeing 2 very similiar mid-sized Safety-types that are fast as well as being adept in coverage and very decent tackling abilities. 

NOW, WHAT does this mean in regards to Offensive Wideouts and more specifically Tight Ends?

The Bills, like many teams in the NFL now, Have an excellent matchup Safety that has all and more of the above mentioned qualities I mentioned in Paragraph 1, in Donte Whitner.  I didn't see the game yesterday, BUT I'm assuming that Buffalo used him (Whitner) in the same scenario-scheme that N.E. itself successfully deployed against even better TEs when Belichick used Brandon McGowan against Atlanta's Tony Gonzalez and Indy's Dallas Clark.  As it stands right now, Whitner is a better Vet-tested Safety than our rookie McGowan who has played very admirably, YET McGowan was able to almost shut-down Dallas Clark and Tony Gonzalez...  AND therefore Donte Whitner on Benjamin Watson (who is certainly NO Clark/Gonzalez) Becomes a matchup nightmare for N.E. in regards to getting the T.E. in the game.

WHAT Does this ALL mean?

Well, First and foremost, The T.E. position has to evolve in order to counter the matchup Safety on Defense.  Teams really need a super-TE for him to be effective.  Less monster blockers that have simply average speed and pretty decent hands.  More guys that can still at least adequately block, Ideally in the 6'5 range so they don't get swallowed up by Defensive Lineman.  But guys with superb timed speed, and very good pass-catching abilities. 

As has been said, These Players are few and far in between, BUT You just can't get by on having a mediocre TE anymore and hope to be effective, Because in the past it was the TE himself, That was the Defensive Nightmare, considering He was faster than the LB (if you covered him with an LB), and Better at getting open and sometimes even faster than what the Strong Safety could offer in coverage, and finally in the days of TE-yore (a couple years ago), even an average NFL TE would simply blow-up any tackle that the Free Safety might hope to make.  Nowadays, These dual, hybrid, midsized, good tackling coverage Safeties will almost certainly limit a TEs previously great matchup abilities. 

NOW, Take into consideration NOT having a #2 WR that's a threat:  And In the end, It's becoming increasingly clear that in order for a "non-Pro-Bowl" TE to be effective in the least, IMHO a Team NEEDS a decent #2 WR threat.  And the Patriots have Sam Aiken (I'll pause for laughter).  A Team CANNOT imo have simply a slot-guy (like Welker), a deep-threat (like Moss), and hope to be an Offensive juggernaut in this pass-happy League WITHOUT either a decent-sized, very fast (for TEs-4.6-4.7 range), pass-catching TE that's at least a marginal blocker, OR a sure-handed, NFL quality-route tree, Possession WR that can be viewed as a threat to defenses. 

These are just a couple reasons why I'm really hoping Belichick does a good job targeting at least 1 of these 2 positions in the upcoming Draft...  Personally, This team has several needs, and I'm hoping either a starting 3-4 DE (because they're gone by RD 2), or better, a pass-rushing weakside OLB (because You ge NOWHERE without pressuring the QB in the NFL) WILL be Criteria A#1... 

BUT next in line has GOT to IMO be a very good TE or #2 WR:  I like Eric Decker out of Minnesotta (sure handed, fearless, NFL route trees) with The First of N.E.'s RD 2 Selections (because Brandon LaFell, and probably Dez Bryant will be gone by then), OR Dennis Pitta out of BYU (because Jermaine Gresham will be gone, BUT Pitta is 6'5-6'6, 4.66 40, hard-worker and leads ALL Div 1 TEs in yards/scoring).

Thoughts ANYONE?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

No imagination

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

All I can say is three passes to start the second half. THREE PASSES! Three and out. AGAINST THE WORST RUSHING D IN THE LEAGUE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

[QUOTE]And just as we expected: OBrien has abandoned the running game in the 2nd Half. If we win it will be in spite of Obrien
    Posted by nepatsfan523[/QUOTE]

play selection is so bad, i don`t know where to begin. what did faulk do yesterday? why can`t BB use maroney great power/speed and throw shorties to him, like manning does with addai. OH, i get it. addai is like that...maroney isn`t, and would drop the football. oh kay.looks like the coaching is done by a coach for the special olympics. sorry, but it`s true. no wonder brady isn`t half as good as is matt cassel now.  almost cost us another one yesterday....and to buffalo no less. crazy.