Reasons why Bengals should not fire Marvin Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Reasons why Bengals should not fire Marvin Lewis

Watching the Bengals-Jets game tonight, stumped as to why they would give the ball to Benson on first and second downs within the Jets' 15 yard line when Benson has been held to less than 2.5 YPC all game, and missing a prime challenge on the punt play in which the punting Jets recovered the ball, among other "bungles", I have to wonder why Marvin Lewis still has a job as a H.C. for an NFL team.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Reasons why Bengals should not fire Marvin Lewis

One of the options should be:

"Because Carson Palmer Blows."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Horrible organization from top to bottom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yes, Carson is bad.  But the play calling was quite supsect, due to poor coaching.  Misssing the challenge was suspect, due to poor coaching.  The DBs way out of position so they give up major rushing and passing yards, due to poor coaching. 

And Carson used to be good, so if his form is out of whack, post-injury, it could be argued that a failure to correct his form is...wait for it...due to poor coaching. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i would argue that the bengals are one of the teams who really need new qb's. that's going to be a long list of teams looking for a qb in the upcoming draft. that should leave the pats a pretty good pool to choose from when the oakland pick comes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

When he didn't  throw the challenge flag on the kickoff play (or punt play) I turned off the TV and went to bed. I thought the players were playing hard and pretty well. He stands on the sideline like a big dope who doesn t kno what's going on. Do something to show your team you've got their backs!!!! even if you didn't win , try to be bold,   It didn't even occur to him that he could?? Pathetic!!
    Another lucky night for the Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Here are my reasons why the Bengals should not fire Marvin Lewis:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Lewis was hired only because the complaining that the league had no black head coaches. sad part is if marvin Lewis was white, he would have been fired a LONG time ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Reasons why Bengals should not fire Marvin Lewis:
    [QUOTE]Lewis was hired only because the complaining that the league had no black head coaches. sad part is if marvin Lewis was white, he would have been fired a LONG time ago.
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

It may have helped him get an interview for the job, but I believe he got the job on his credentials. 

As far as keeping his job, I don't think race has a thing to do with it. He is a likable guy, like Dick Jauron and Norv Turner, so his losing is tolerated more than it would be for someone like Mangini with the Jets or BB with the Browns, who both rubbed players the wrong way.  I have to think he loses his job at season's end or sooner.  How many years does he have on his current contract?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

This is the last year of marvin lewis's contract.

i think they should keep him for one more year due to the uncertainty of the CBA, however they should cut Ocho Cinco and TO because it is not marvin lewis's team it is their unruley WR's.  If this distraction was gone i think they would be a better team.  Ocho Cinco and TO can only be in a locker room where the head coach has full control.  I think there are only a handful of teams that could handle these WRs. teams such as the colts, the pats, Pittsburgh, the ravens, and the giants.  All of these teams have an established methology and well established coaches who don't take much resistance from players. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Marvin has had numerous years of high draft choices and free agent signings and repeated failures.  He needs to go now!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ummm I got one... You can't fire someone who doesn't want to work there anymore.  He's at the end of his contract I believe and apparently has the respect of owners a like so he'll coach somewhere else possible. (Save the he sux comments because I read this).    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Reasons why Bengals should not fire Marvin Lewis:
    [QUOTE]One of the options should be: "Because Carson Palmer Blows."
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Bengals need to rebuild from the ground up. Lewis has seemingly lost control of this team, and should be fired...the Bengals should use their #1 draft choice on a QB, and trade Carson Palmer...old, overrated WRs TO and Ochocincho must go...the Bengals should concentrate on rebuilding their OL and DL...and build around their new QB (Ryan Mallett??).  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Lewis earned the job after being the defensive coordinator of one of the greatest defenses in modern memory- the 2000 Ravens (Rex came along many years later). 

However, the inconsistency that plagues this team is a coaching/ Front office failure IMO so I think he is done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Lewis should be retained so their division gets 2 easy wins a year.

2 things kill the Bengals. Marv was hired more cause he was cheap not for color or being a rocket scientist on D. Mike Brows plays general manager and has less of a clue then Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder and Al Davis combined into one.

the other thing is the salary cap. The bengals picking in the top 10 most years causes then to dump mega money into one or 2 players. Look how nicley Smith worked out, look at the other Smith *Akili*, Big Daddy Wilkinson...  need I go on? Dumping all that money into one or 2 players kills any good supporting cast. The rookie wage scale will help the worst teams get better faster.

This holds true for the Lions as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Palmer has never been the same. I bet you see his brother Jordan in before the years out.