Reasons you shouldn't be mad.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Reasons you shouldn't be mad.

I know lot of folks are not happy right now, a little disappointed that BB didnt' get us a instant impact player.

1. Got the Best Value Pick - Look at the run at O-Line guys that happened after us and BB sniffed it out and picked a monster of a OT. Getting value espically in the first round is so imp. (that means you are getting a stud regardless of the position, who is going to make your team better.)

2. 3 2nd Rounders - Chung, Brace, Vollmer, Gronk, Cunnigham, Spikes,  (Guys like these) I know there were misses too like Butler but that's my point. Draft is like a crap shoot, I know there are tons of guys you would have preferred but come back 5 years to check on em, stats says 40% of the 1st rounders won't be there. Wouldn't you rather just take your chances in round two, and if you do it right you get to pick 2 guys instead of one and when you get a coach like BB you develop em and trade or keep em (that's how he wins years in and out).

AND

THERE IS LOT OF 1ST ROUND TALENT left for day two (don't let the phony analysts tell you what is first round talent, there are few people who are smart there but most of them just fill air time) and guess who has the first pick of the day and most picks throughout the day (5 and counting).

Day two is really the key, thats how we set ourself apart last year.
    So have a little faith and just keep watching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Reasons you shouldn't be mad.

In Response to Reasons you shouldn't be mad.:
    [QUOTE]I know lot of folks are not happy right now, a little disappointed that BB didnt' get us a instant impact player. 1. Got the Best Value Pick - Look at the run at O-Line guys that happened after us and BB sniffed it out and picked a monster of a OT. Getting value espically in the first round is so imp. (that means you are getting a stud regardless of the position, who is going to make your team better.) 2. 3 2nd Rounders - Chung, Brace, Vollmer, Gronk, Cunnigham, Spikes,  (Guys like these) I know there were misses too like Butler but that's my point. Draft is like a crap shoot, I know there are tons of guys you would have preferred but come back 5 years to check on em, stats says 40% of the 1st rounders won't be there. Wouldn't you rather just take your chances in round two, and if you do it right you get to pick 2 guys instead of one and when you get a coach like BB you develop em and trade or keep em (that's how he wins years in and out).   AND THERE IS LOT OF 1ST ROUND TALENT left for day two (don't let the phony analysts tell you what is first round talent, there are few people who are smart there but most of them just fill air time) and guess who has the first pick of the day and most picks throughout the day (5 and counting). Day two is really the key, thats how we set ourself apart last year. So have a little faith and just keep watching.
    Posted by akius[/QUOTE]

The most imporatnt thing in your post are the words, "the draft is a crapshoot". 
    It is indeed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

The Pats trade back because they anticipate that the player(s) who they are interested in picking will still be on the board for their next selection.  If it doesnt work out then they move on and select the next player.  The advantage in doing this is that they add picks in future drafts for trades and leverage.  They are not passing up on players that they are interested in, they are not morons.  I would love to see them trade the 33rd pick because I think we could get a ton of value for it from a team that needs a QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Some of those "experts" are so good that they are now FORMER coaches and GM's who were fired because they didn't produce.

I'll stick with the guy who has won 3 Super Bowls and countless division and conference titles.

Mel Kiper is a fraud who is never wrong....according to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Reasons you shouldn't be mad.:
    [QUOTE]Some of those "experts" are so good that they are now FORMER coaches and GM's who were fired because they didn't produce. I'll stick with the guy who has won 3 Super Bowls and countless division and conference titles. Mel Kiper is a fraud who is never wrong....according to him.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

lol I don't understand how people are so quick to question BB, every year we are one of the best football teams in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

Originally, I thought Pats would pick once in Round 1 and twice in Round 3; will amend that slightly.

We will pick three times in Round 3 - at top, middle and toward the end -today. 

BB's going to trade the three Round 2 picks. Thirty-three will be traded for at least another 2012 Round 1 pick and the others for a high Round 3 this year and an assorment of picks this year and next.

There's too much first-round graded talent left on the board for BB to be picking in the 2nd round this year. Because of that talent left on the board, the players BB wants will be pushed down the board to Round 3.

With 3 first-rounders next year, maybe he'll trade for a high-impact player - either on offense or defense - once such trades can be made.

This is not what I think should happen; it's what I think will happen.

Very disappointed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I got the day off, got me some beer, wife is gone, good friends here, and the Pats have the 1st pick, lets get the season started after the draft.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Awesome, Enjoy the day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

do you consider brace a good player? the guy has been a bigger bust than butler. if we ever end up picking some dlinemen in this draft he may not even make the team.
    and those other guys are nice players but some came at the expense of clay mathews. i like chung but i think i'd rather have matthews 

In Response to Reasons you shouldn't be mad.:
    [QUOTE]I know lot of folks are not happy right now, a little disappointed that BB didnt' get us a instant impact player. 1. Got the Best Value Pick - Look at the run at O-Line guys that happened after us and BB sniffed it out and picked a monster of a OT. Getting value espically in the first round is so imp. (that means you are getting a stud regardless of the position, who is going to make your team better.) 2. 3 2nd Rounders - Chung, Brace, Vollmer, Gronk, Cunnigham, Spikes,  (Guys like these) I know there were misses too like Butler but that's my point. Draft is like a crap shoot, I know there are tons of guys you would have preferred but come back 5 years to check on em, stats says 40% of the 1st rounders won't be there. Wouldn't you rather just take your chances in round two, and if you do it right you get to pick 2 guys instead of one and when you get a coach like BB you develop em and trade or keep em (that's how he wins years in and out).   AND THERE IS LOT OF 1ST ROUND TALENT left for day two (don't let the phony analysts tell you what is first round talent, there are few people who are smart there but most of them just fill air time) and guess who has the first pick of the day and most picks throughout the day (5 and counting). Day two is really the key, thats how we set ourself apart last year. So have a little faith and just keep watching.
    Posted by akius[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

[QUOTE]I got the day off, got me some beer, wife is gone, good friends here, and the Pats have the 1st pick, lets get the season started after the draft.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Nice.  How did you pull this off?