Reconstructed 2010 Patriots roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Reconstructed 2010 Patriots roster

I hope they pick anothe QB in the 3,4 or 5th round

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ricky Sapp as 34 End?

That would be hilarious. The other teams would laugh at NE.

Dude would get run over. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

actually i would like BB to get rid of all the RBs and get a whole new young crew of line bashers similar to Rice from baltimore or green from nyj.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Z's got this one right. Ricky Sapp would be an OLB in the 3-4. He's way too thin to be a 3-4 DE. Even as an OLB, he's on the lighter side of the spectrum (246 lbs). He's not a terrible OLB prospect, though. For DE, Belichick would look at someone who has tremendous size (6' 5" at the very least), which is why I'm a fan of Corey Wooton out of Northwestern for DE (6' 6", 280 lbs, 4.8 forty time). The one draw on Wootton is his weight - he's 30 lbs lighter than Seymour, and Wootton could be a liability against the run.

As a side note Z, what's your opinion on the DE out of Virginia Tech, Jason Worilds? Mike Reiss mentioned him on the Pats blog on ESPN, and he seems like he's got the talent to succeed as a pass-rushing OLB in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"The biggest losers in an uncapped 2010 season will be the 212 players who would have been unrestricted free agents. If no new Collective Bargaining Agreement is struck by March, those players will only be allowed to negotiate with their current teams, even though their contracts have expired." - Jack Betcha

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-biggest-losers.html

This "uncapped year" business is going to drive people crazy.  According to "Agent's Journal", all of those unsigned free-agent Patriots (and there will be a huge number of them) will either have to re-up with the Patriots at any price the Pats' front office thinks is right, or they can always go play Canadian Football at 1/10 the salary.

Furthermore, according to the same Internet columnist in another column, many of the small market teams like Jacksonville are going to lower their salary costs from over $100 million to perhaps $60 million, dumping all sorts of high-paid stars who can still play, but can't play at their current contract's cost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

QB:Brady,Hoyer
    HB:Matthews(R), Taylor, Maroney, Faulk
    FB:Morris
    WR:Moss, Bryant(FA), Welker, Edelman, Gilyard(R), Tate, Aiken
    TE:Baker, Scheffeler(FA), McCoy(R)
    LT:Vollemer
    LG:Mankins
    C:Koppen
    RG:Neal
    RT:Kazcur

LE:Warren
    DT:Wilfork
    RE:Wright
    LOLB:Peppers(FA)
    MLB:Mayo, Guyton
    ROLB:Graham(R)
    CB:Bodden, Butler, Springs, McCourty(R), Wilhite
    FS:Meriweather, Coleman(R)
    SS:Sanders, Chung

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maroney will not be on this team next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

QB-Brady, Hoyer
    RB-Matthews (R), Taylor, Kevin Faulk,
    FB-BJGE
    WR-Moss, Floyd (FA), Welker (PUPL), Edelman, Tate, Decker (R)
    TE-Baker, Randy McMichael (FA), Andrew Quarless (R)
    LT-Vollmer
    LG-Mankins
    C-Connolly
    RG-Ohrnberger
    RT-Kyle Calloway (R) or Tony Washington (R)

My D is a little more controversial and probably considered wishful thinking but I'm not signing these guys just who I would like to see

LE-Tank Johnson (FA)
    NT-VW (franchised)
    RE-Jared Odrick (R)
    LOLB-Ricky Sapp (R)
    MLB-Mayo, Karlos Dansby (FA)
    ROLB-Rashad Jeanty (FA)
    CB-Bodden, Butler, Roderick Hood (FA), Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (R), Wilhite
    SS-Merriweather, Chung (I think Chung steps up and gets more playing time)
    FS-Sanders, Kam Chancellor (R)