Redskins Are Insane!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Redskins Are Insane!

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it look's great for rg3. he walked off the field on his own power and even returned to the bench... doesn't look good? he's done? hahahaha 

[/QUOTE]

Torn acl and pcl will be out 14-18 months.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it look's great for rg3. he walked off the field on his own power and even returned to the bench... doesn't look good? he's done? hahahaha 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's also the issue of whether he'll ever be able to run again, like he once did. I can't believe that a pro team would be so shortsighted so as to place their franchise QB for the next decade in harms way...as Shanahan did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I live just outside DC, and I was watching the game at a sports bar with all the Redskins fans. No one was complaining about RG3 playing until the 3rd quarter or so. Some fans did start pulling for Kirk Cousins around the 3rd quarter when RG3 couldn't get the offense going, but most felt Griffin could play.

RESPONSE: They want to see the 'Skins win. They are starved for playoff success. But, any objective person watching that game could see that RG III was no where near 100%. Did the Redskins win with RG III at 50%? Wouldn't they have had a better shot at winning going with a healthy Cousins, after gaining a 14-0 lead?  

I will say that a lot of fans groaned when they saw Griffin's injury on that fumble. That's a tough way to lose a playoff game. I'm sure most Skins fans would've pulled RG3 in retrospect (if they knew that he'd get injured and that the Skins would lose), but in that moment, when they were down 7 points, most fans were ready for Griffin to lead the team down the field and get the touchdown.

RESPONSE: That's why they're fans, and not running the team. RG III is "The Franchise". He cost the 'Skins three #1 picks, plus. He turned the team into a division winner in one season. Why risk his career?

Point is, it's easy to criticize someone else's decisions when it's not your playoff hopes on the line. You gotta know, this was the first Redskins home playoff game since 1999, so this was like the Super Bowl to the DC area. Even most Redskins fans, who are all-in on the RG3 as franchise QB thing, were happy to let him play and risk his well-being.

RESPONSE: Then, with all due respect, they're idiots. Again, that's why they're fans, and are not in charge of running the team. Sorry, but having seen him hobble around attempting to play, it shouldn't have been that difficult a decision.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand the point of protecting the Franchise, but I'm not sure this was as clear as you're making it out to be. RG3 was clearly hobbled, yes. But you saw him running options and scrambling around. He was healthy enough to sprint around, and he had a knee brace. He had a limp but he could throw the ball fine, and if your franchise QB is healthy enough to play in the "Super Bowl" (of DC sports), then you play him.

If Brady's left shoulder were hurt, but he could throw OK. You'd play him in a playoff game, wouldn't you?

I know these Skins fans are just that: fans. But they want what's best for the franchise as much as the coach does. If they saw that playing RG3 was risking his future by playing, they would've been grumbling for Kirk Cousins to step in. This is football, injuries occur and they occur unexpectedly. If not for the fumbled snap, RG3 could've very well made it through the game in one piece. On the other hand, RG3 could've hurt himself on that botched play even if he were 100% healthy. It's not fair to judge injuries in retrospect.

To be fair, I don't think Shanahan helped out RG3 at all by calling so many passing plays and play-action passing plays. They could've ran the ball with Alfred Morris a lot more when they were up 14 points. Morris was getting good yardage every time, and it's a shame they went away from that. But I can't fault Shanahan for starting his franchise QB, and neither do the Redskins fans who love and care about RG3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

They were just discussing it on WEEI

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I live just outside DC, and I was watching the game at a sports bar with all the Redskins fans. No one was complaining about RG3 playing until the 3rd quarter or so. Some fans did start pulling for Kirk Cousins around the 3rd quarter when RG3 couldn't get the offense going, but most felt Griffin could play.

RESPONSE: They want to see the 'Skins win. They are starved for playoff success. But, any objective person watching that game could see that RG III was no where near 100%. Did the Redskins win with RG III at 50%? Wouldn't they have had a better shot at winning going with a healthy Cousins, after gaining a 14-0 lead?  

I will say that a lot of fans groaned when they saw Griffin's injury on that fumble. That's a tough way to lose a playoff game. I'm sure most Skins fans would've pulled RG3 in retrospect (if they knew that he'd get injured and that the Skins would lose), but in that moment, when they were down 7 points, most fans were ready for Griffin to lead the team down the field and get the touchdown.

RESPONSE: That's why they're fans, and not running the team. RG III is "The Franchise". He cost the 'Skins three #1 picks, plus. He turned the team into a division winner in one season. Why risk his career?

Point is, it's easy to criticize someone else's decisions when it's not your playoff hopes on the line. You gotta know, this was the first Redskins home playoff game since 1999, so this was like the Super Bowl to the DC area. Even most Redskins fans, who are all-in on the RG3 as franchise QB thing, were happy to let him play and risk his well-being.

RESPONSE: Then, with all due respect, they're idiots. Again, that's why they're fans, and are not in charge of running the team. Sorry, but having seen him hobble around attempting to play, it shouldn't have been that difficult a decision.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand the point of protecting the Franchise, but I'm not sure this was as clear as you're making it out to be. RG3 was clearly hobbled, yes. But you saw him running options and scrambling around. He was healthy enough to sprint around, and he had a knee brace. He had a limp but he could throw the ball fine, and if your franchise QB is healthy enough to play in the "Super Bowl" (of DC sports), then you play him.

RESPONSE: It was those plays that made it evident that he couldn't run. It was like watching a guy advance in a potato sack race. The pay before he threw a TD pass that put his team up, 14-0, he clearly re-aggrevated his injury. He should have been yanked at that point. This isn't hindsight on my part. I was calling for him to be lifted, amongst my friends, while watching the game. The guy was clearly impaired at that point.  

If Brady's left shoulder were hurt, but he could throw OK. You'd play him in a playoff game, wouldn't you?

RESPONSE: Not if the injury was career threatening. Brady is not a QB whose main asset is his mobility. Besides, there's a huge difference between a left shoulder injury, and a bum right knee. A bad knee effects a QB's ability to plant, and throw...as we saw yesterday.

I know these Skins fans are just that: fans. But they want what's best for the franchise as much as the coach does. If they saw that playing RG3 was risking his future by playing, they would've been grumbling for Kirk Cousins to step in. This is football, injuries occur and they occur unexpectedly. If not for the fumbled snap, RG3 could've very well made it through the game in one piece. On the other hand, RG3 could've hurt himself on that botched play even if he were 100% healthy. It's not fair to judge injuries in retrospect.

RESPONSE: Please!! It was obvious to anyone with a pulse that Griffin was badly impaired. I suspect that there was some "In Shanny, We Trust" going on amongst the fans.  

To be fair, I don't think Shanahan helped out RG3 at all by calling so many passing plays and play-action passing plays. They could've ran the ball with Alfred Morris a lot more when they were up 14 points. Morris was getting good yardage every time, and it's a shame they went away from that. But I can't fault Shanahan for starting his franchise QB, and neither do the Redskins fans who love and care about RG3.

RESPONSE: I can, and do: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8820196/bill-barnwell-weekend-wild-card-games 

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I never have liked Shanahan.  I have always thought that he put himself first, always.  As far as the good doctor goes he could have gone on record instead of what looks like he placed himself in protection mode.  If RGIII is damaged this isn't going to sit well.  If I'm the owner I'm going to want answers on this one and they better be good.  The whole thing stinks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never have liked Shanahan.  I have always thought that he put himself first, always.  As far as the good doctor goes he could have gone on record instead of what looks like he placed himself in protection mode.  If RGIII is damaged this isn't going to sit well.  If I'm the owner I'm going to want answers on this one and they better be good.  The whole thing stinks.

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother! Let's hope his injury is not as severe as it looked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This may be a bit of an exaggeration, but RGIII took more bigtime hits this season than most QBs take in their careers.  Some serious, bone-rattling hits. 

All season long people were concerned about his health and status moving forward.  Greater DC area must be holding a collecitve breath right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The latest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8822363/report-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-partially-tore-acl-lcl

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may be a bit of an exaggeration, but RGIII took more bigtime hits this season than most QBs take in their careers.  Some serious, bone-rattling hits. 

All season long people were concerned about his health and status moving forward.  Greater DC area must be holding a collecitve breath right now.

[/QUOTE]

If he's badly hurt, Shanny should get canned. Can't put "The Franchise" at risk as he did. The lies told about Dr. Andrews are particularly troubling:  http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8820196/bill-barnwell-weekend-wild-card-games

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The latest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8822363/report-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-partially-tore-acl-lcl

[/QUOTE]

These talking heads are idiots...covering for Shanahan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The latest:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sporting news pretty much reporting the same thing: tears

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-07/robert-griffin-iii-injury-update-rg3-knee-acl-mcl-tear-news-redskins-qb-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The latest:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sporting news pretty much reporting the same thing: tears

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-07/robert-griffin-iii-injury-update-rg3-knee-acl-mcl-tear-news-redskins-qb-2013

[/QUOTE]

A damn shame.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

Jaworski is a real goombah.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to TheFutureNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jaworski is a real goombah.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, isn't he polish?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

It was obvious to anybody with a pulse that RG III was playing hurt, on a bum knee. When  he re-aggrevated the injury, after staking his 'Skins to a 14-0 lead, he should have been pulled. These were thoughts going through my mind, as I watched today's game. I understand that this is the play-offs...but Griffin is "The Franchise". The 'Skins mortgaged several #1 picks to get this guy. He's shown that he's the real deal. Why did they choose to risk him?

Now...he's been carried off.

On top of this, there was that controversy about whether he had been cleared to play. Mike Shanahan says yes...but his doctor emphatically said,  no! You be the judge.       

[/QUOTE]

This was not Dr. Andrew's best work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right on, no exaggeration. He's a terrific talent but he's a kamikaze out there. Hopefully he'll learn and change.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right on, no exaggeration. He's a terrific talent but he's a kamikaze out there. Hopefully he'll learn and change.  

[/QUOTE]

How is that going to happen? Shanahan designed his offense to take advantage of his RG III's running skills. If he's healthy, I don't see it changing. If he's not, it's back to the good ol' Rex Grossman days...and kiss all those #1 draft choices goodbye. I can't believe how shortsighted this franchise is. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

It was obvious to anybody with a pulse that RG III was playing hurt, on a bum knee. When  he re-aggrevated the injury, after staking his 'Skins to a 14-0 lead, he should have been pulled. These were thoughts going through my mind, as I watched today's game. I understand that this is the play-offs...but Griffin is "The Franchise". The 'Skins mortgaged several #1 picks to get this guy. He's shown that he's the real deal. Why did they choose to risk him?

Now...he's been carried off.

On top of this, there was that controversy about whether he had been cleared to play. Mike Shanahan says yes...but his doctor emphatically said,  no! You be the judge.       

[/QUOTE]

" It was obvious to anybody with a pulse that RG III was playing hurt, on a bum knee. When  he re-aggrevated the injury, after staking his 'Skins to a 14-0 lead, he should have been pulled"

exactly what i said during game thread. you can say they were stupid to risk hurting him more,. but i also suggested then (at halftme) that the best shot they had to win once he was gimpy was to play cousins. i think they blew that chance too.

wiht his knee i gae them littlle chance to win but said i woudl have loved to see this game had they both been healthy(before the game.).

hid knee surprisngly held up for a half.

in the future, rg3 is huuuuuuuuge.

making wash from a crap team to a team that could have won a game or 2 in teh playoffs had he not been injured.

good things to come in washington and indy and maybe seattle with wilson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This injury may well result in RG III losing his greatest assets...his speed and mobility, he'll never be the same player. What Shanahan did with this kid borders on criminal. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is that going to happen? Shanahan designed his offense to take advantage of his RG III's running skills. If he's healthy, I don't see it changing. If he's not, it's back to the good ol' Rex Grossman days...and kiss all those #1 draft choices goodbye. I can't believe how shortsighted this franchise is. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, it may not happen. He has the talent to be a fine pocket passer. Strong, accurate arm, intelligent, poised.  But it takes commitment, time and patience to learn to QB that way. I don't think his coaches did him any favors playing the style they did. Yes, they probably won some more games than they otherwise might have, but did they set back his development as a QB?

Look at Luck, very talented, made a lot of plays and a lot of mistakes.  He's got a long way to go to becoming a great QB, but he's far ahead of RGIII in that regard.  He'll only get better. I'm not sure RGIII is set up to get better right now. He has to learn to play QB, not quasi-option RB/QB whatever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Anyone thinking that RGIII had no say in this is just denying it. He, like all young athletes, feels he knows his body better than anyone else. He played well vs the 'Boys when they clinched the division. So, why not a playoff game?

Who amongst us, and let's all be honest, have felt that we knew better than the medical experts? Remember that badly sprained ankle from the Saturday softball game? The ER Dr clearly stated to go home and stay off it for at least 2-3 days, and take these wonderful pain pills to relieve the pain as necessary. But, Sunday night you have tix for The Game, so you pill up and go. Or, you've got the flu 4 days before your get away weekend, yet tell yourself and others that you're "just about over it", and go anyway. Funny how medical science and sound reasoning take a baclk seat to what we tell and convince ourselves to be a better course of action. Granted, we're not talking about hundreds of millions of dollars tied up in the decision. But, to us, tix on the 45 yd line, Date Night with the Mrs including a hotel stay in "the city", when a babysitter is found, or that get away to the shore after five 14 hour work days, CAN be just as valuable to us.

Now, RGIII has the entire off season to get well and ready for the 2013 season. he played OK when they beat the 'Boys to clinch the division, so I'm sure he felt he could do the same last week. Can't blame him one bit.