REF finally exposes how our PATS have been TARGETED + robbed out of RINGS!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: REF finally exposes how our PATS have been TARGETED + robbed out of RINGS!

they've been robbed of rings because they played poorly...it had nothing to do with the refs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they've been robbed of rings because they played poorly...it had nothing to do with the refs.

Yep.  The truth sometimes hurts.  Better days are ahead.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I have said this many a time....but I'll say it again....I have even instructed the following to be written on my grave stone........

The 1976 Playoff Game between the Raiders and the Patriots was fixed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I have said this many a time....but I'll say it again....I have even instructed the following to be written on my grave stone........

If it was, it's a good example of what is being talked about above. It's a business and a Steelers/Raiders matchup for ratings was more money than a Pats/Steelers match up at that time.

So, Ben Dreith, having an oppprutnity to influence the Raiders possibly winning by giving them a fresh set of downs, is a possiiblity in itself.

Absolutely.

What's funny about it, is the Raiders are the WHINIEST set of players I've ever seen, specially Gene Atkinson.  To this day, when he talks about the Steelers or the Tuck Rule, he acts like the Raiders never got help from the refs.

Al Davis used to play the victim role all the time and his players did too, meanwhile a thug like Jack Tatum was running around trying to club people in the head with a towel wrap around his forearm.

Later, I was additionally troubled by the revelations of Stabler's many links and connections with Organized Crime.....It wasn't just the phantom call on Hamilton....I believe there were 4 calls on the Pats that entire drive. It just seemed that Oakland had to win that game....by whatever means required.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

I agree 98%. I do believe their is some level of shannanigans going on. It's not good business to have ONE team dominate and appear in SBs every year or so. So yes the Pats have played poorly but I also believe that refs have and will continue to shape games at certain times-heck it's human nature. If I was a ref, let's say in baseball, behind the plate in the playoffs and the Yankees were playing the Sox, I'm sure I could find a convenient spot or TWO to call a guy out on strikes with guys on 2nd and 3rd and in a one run game, bottom of the 8th? I believe this is what accounts for the head scratching calls at times that go for or against anyones teams--where did the official grow up and is he a die hard Pats, Jets,Steelers, etc fan, who now gets paid to ref games. He's bound to be bias.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If it was, it's a good example of what is being talked about above. It's a business and a Steelers/Raiders matchup for ratings was more money than a Pats/Steelers match up at that time.

So, Ben Dreith, having an oppprutnity to influence the Raiders possibly winning by giving them a fresh set of downs, is a possiiblity in itself.

Absolutely.

What's funny about it, is the Raiders are the WHINIEST set of players I've ever seen, specially Gene Atkinson.  To this day, when he talks about the Steelers or the Tuck Rule, he acts like the Raiders never got help from the refs.

Al Davis used to play the victim role all the time and his players did too, meanwhile a thug like Jack Tatum was running around trying to club people in the head with a towel wrap around his forearm.

I know a lot of people watch the games and don't care to think about whether the "fix" is in, but you make a good point that viewers should be aware of--this is BIG Business and there are MARKETING areas amongst other variables that would bring in a substantially greater amount of revenue due to certain matchups--this is Reality and does, in my opinion at times, become a factor in ALL sports. To ignore it completely and pretend it doesn't exist does not make it false.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You think Pete Rose was, is, the only ballplayer to bet on his own sport, his own team....

You think Tim Donaghy was, is, the only Ref to have ever engaged in fixin' games....

You think the college ball players in basket ball caught shaving points were, are, the only ones to have ever done it.....or that they stopped doing it once they reached the pros.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Absolutely.

Later, I was additionally troubled by the revelations of Stabler's many links and connections with Organized Crime.....It wasn't just the phantom call on Hamilton....I believe there were 4 calls on the Pats that entire drive. It just seemed that Oakland had to win that game....by whatever means required.

Even Pats haters now can't claim Sugar Bear's hit on Stabler was in any way the legal version of "roughing" the QB.

What's somewhat funny is how fans of other teams don't really know about it.

I have to think the Tuck rule call was Karma coming back to the Raiders--it's all square at this point. If we want to be honest, rulebook crap aside, that was a fumble and most likely the game which would have meant 1 less SB-Sooooo... Raiders 1, Pats 1 in bogus calls resulting in losses. And yes I am a Pats fan, but an Objective Pats fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No such thing as an original sin................

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Kinda lsot me on the Origonal sin thing-if your'e referring to Karma it's apples and oranges-whole different subject? like I said you "lost me " at Origonal sin?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Kinda lsot me on the Origonal sin thing-if your'e referring to Karma it's apples and oranges-whole different subject? like I said you "lost me " at Origonal sin?

Tried to "sneak" it in after my post so it would be connected. Your post beat me. Original sin meaning the cheaters that have been caught are not singular and are merely the tip of the iceberg.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Tried to "sneak" it in after my post so it would be connected. Your post beat me. Original sin meaning the cheaters that have been caught are not singular and are merely the tip of the iceberg.

Got it--right on! Have a good day-- too nice out here in Boise Id to be inside--70 degrees and sunny-time for a bike ride.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

I wouldn't go that far, but there is no doubt refs are told to call games a certain way at certain times.

A replacement ref came forward after the GB/Seattle Hail Mary and said "we're instructed not to call Off PI on those plays". That proves that refs are instructed to throw flags or not throw them in certain situations based on how ratings can be more beneficial with regards to advertising revenue.

If the NFL has wild Hail Mary finishes, it's good for business. Pretty simple.

It could be argued on 4th downs in close games they put the whistles away. The Tyree helmet catch comes to mind. Jarvis Green, Seymour and Adalius THomas were all trying to shred holds as they tried to get to a scrambling Manning. 

Even in the AFC divisional game this year vs Houston, did anyone notice NE was about to completely run away with it and out come absolutely awkward calls against NE? The Mayo strip of Foster and then REALLY quick whistle and forward progress? What?  He barely had him to the ground when the ball came out and the whistle came.  So creepy to watch.

Then the Hightower bang/bang love tap on Schaub for "roughing" on 3rd down.  Just awkward. Even the announcers go silent, not knowing how to spin it.

Let's be honest: There have been WAY more egregious calls that have gone against our team in particular for years now when compared to other teams.

Look at the play in the end zone in the SB.  Total holding by Cary Williams, completely uncalled.

It's one thing if it's ticky tack, but come on.  If our CB did that, 6 flags would have come out and 1st and goal from the 5 all over again.

How about the 2006 AFC championship game in Indy.....we are up 21 - 3 and convert on a 3rd down deep in the Colts territory and whalla out comes the offensive pass interference call against Troy Brown......just another example

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Thanks for the laughs!  Cheaters!   Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Absolutely.

Even Pats haters now can't claim Sugar Bear's hit on Stabler was in any way the legal version of "roughing" the QB.

What's somewhat funny is how fans of other teams don't really know about it.

I have to think the Tuck rule call was Karma coming back to the Raiders--it's all square at this point. If we want to be honest, rulebook crap aside, that was a fumble and most likely the game which would have meant 1 less SB-Sooooo... Raiders 1, Pats 1 in bogus calls resulting in losses. And yes I am a Pats fan, but an Objective Pats fan.

That play should have been a personal foul for Brady getting hit in the head.   15 yards and a first down. Re watch it sometime. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

While I think you have to lay the lion's share of the Pats' recent inability to finish at their own collective feet, I am more than a little bit concerned at how this ongoing focus on "safety" is placing more and more subjective decisions in the hands of the officials and we are -- and will be -- seeing less and less of the gladiators themselves actually deciding the outcomes.

Now, an objective person might argue that some of the examples cited here might smack of homerism (and then again, they might not), but I don't think anyone tunes in or buys his ticket to watch the officials move the ball up and down the field . . .   which, sadly, I saw far too much of last season.

From my perspective, the NFL is rapidly approaching NBA status as regards officiating and, if you're wondering, that ain't a good thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

It could be argued on 4th downs in close games they put the whistles away. The Tyree helmet catch comes to mind. Jarvis Green, Seymour and Adalius THomas were all trying to shred holds as they tried to get to a scrambling Manning.

You forgot the facemask of Seymour by O'hara on that play. O'hara pulled Seymour out of the grasp of Manning on that play by the facemask. If it had been one of the OLM of the Patriots pulling someone off of Brady by the facemask there would have been flags all over the place.