Referees Been rigging games since the early 2000's???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Referees Been rigging games since the early 2000's???

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is just no argument to be made that the reffing had anything to do with Denver losing the SB.  Even if "the fix was in", Seattle would've beaten the Broncos and the refs.

So why would this conspiracy hold any water in a game that was already so one sided?  I mean, if the NFL is fixing games, wouldn't they do it in a close game, not a blow out?

There was no amount of fixing that would have resulted in a Denver win.  The whole nation knew this was going the way of the NFC well before the SB was even played.

[/QUOTE]

Soups, did you read the article or my post? Noone is talking about the SB where the Broncos got waxed. We are talking about the NFC conference championship where all the calls went to seattle and none went to San fran. Some of the calls or non calls are too blatant to ignore imo. Now this is where peoples bias comes in. You love the game so you dismiss it. Same w/Homers not being able to see their team aint great. I take myself out of the equation and consider the facts, research,etc. Right now the evidence is too compelling and the anti trust stating NFL is entertainment and ONE ENTITY instead of 32....well there it is. How much more you need. I will still watch cuz its entertaining like its intention. BUT I wont be scratching my head wondering why MY team didnt win. Its all planned out. Just enjoy it ..

I cant say that I havent seen the Pats get their fair share of calls. Kraft probably pays to win a couple more reg. season games and thats why we are successfull in reg. season. How many times this past year did Brady make miss throw on 3rd down only to see the flags fly and they give him another shot? I mean Im Bradys biggest fan(outside of Babe) and even I can admit that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I do believe some NFL games are Fixed. Every major sport is fixed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is all quite interesting, but is there a reason the NFL would want Seattle in and/or San Francisco out?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is all quite interesting, but is there a reason the NFL would want Seattle in and/or San Francisco out?

[/QUOTE]

only thing I think of is Parity. San Fran was in it the year before. Other than that, they are very similar. The thing is average joes like us dont know what marketing, deals,etc go on behind the scenes. Maybe it was advantageous for Seattle to win for somebody.

All I know is I DO love the game but I wont let my love for the game blind me from compelling facts and info. Between the lawsuits from Jets fan and the reebock contracts fiasco, there is def. smoke and where there is smoke, there is fire.

One Entity. Why is the NFL One Entity and listed as entertainment and not a sport??

To legally fix games with no repurcussions. Thats why

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do believe some NFL games are Fixed. Every major sport is fixed.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, but ONLY the NFL and maybe wrestling of course are listed at entertainment and not a sport.

NBA has 32 entities, same as all other major sports except Football. 

Weve been duped!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Fixing in pro sports, yes it's true.   The worst culprit would be the NBA.   But I have no doubt it goes on in the NFL as well, just look at that Carolina game.

People that don't believe that Pro Sports in corrupted, are just being naive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fixing in pro sports, yes it's true.   The worst culprit would be the NBA.   But I have no doubt it goes on in the NFL as well, just look at that Carolina game.

[/QUOTE]

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'd say that during the referee strike a year ago, the replacement refs flipped crucial games at the last minute with astonishing frequency.  Patriots fans remember the horrible field goal call at the end of the Baltimore game.  I remember a winning touchdown run n the Arizona game that got called back by a phantom foul.  Green Bay fans were just as grumpy.

Note that nobody was criticizing the ref calls except for all of those last minute losses that turned to wins. 

The message seems to have been that the NFL's product, a correct win in a close game, shall never be delivered until the union refs get back on the field.  Millions of fans shall turn off their TV sets in disgust.  After maybe a year of attempted union busting, NFL owners will be lucky to have their stadiums 1/10 full and sponsors willing to pay 1/10 of their original ad revenue.  Most NFL owners will be ruined. 

For this scenario to be true, there would have to be some deal between the scab refs and the regular union refs.  Is it possible that the NFL rounded up any good ref out there without checking credentials, and some sappers got in?  In any case, the owners suddenly settled and things were hunky-dory again.

This opens the possibility that the refs have their own motives, not necessarily mob-related.  If a player goes out and hurts a ref, as Sprewell did in basketball, that guy's career is dead because all the other refs will pick on that one player.  The coach will soon take the hint that the guy will never be a plus to the team's winning a game. 

----

I hate predicting playoff games.  All regular season predictions seem to go haywire.  I think that's because huge amounts of money are laid down on playoff games.   If you're in the game-fixing business, you want much of the regular season to look almost normal so as not to scare the bettors away, but in the post season when a tidal wave of real money starts to flow in, that's when you fix games left and right.  Also watch out for a few big regular season rivalry games where the money flows like water.

Since the early 2000s the worst team in the playoffs has won the Super Bowl at least twice.  This sort of thing never happened in the NFL's early days, and as my numbers have shown over and over again, in the regular season the better team beats the underdog with amazing point-spread accuracy.  The wackiness of the system in the 2000s is a telltale sign. 

Some of the sore thumbs were Baltimore, the Giants, New Orleans and the Patriots in 2001, who were 14 point underdogs in the Super Bowl.  Based on BB's and Brady's record over the ensuing decade, that last example may not have been a fluke.  New Orleans was discovering the wonders of pay for violence, and that was their system.  The other two were either statistical flukes or possibly fixed cakewalks.

I really didn't like the San Francisco / Green Bay playoff game a year ago.  The coach's son died in mysterious circumstances a full week before the game  -- he went under the ice and drowned -- giving Green Bay plenty of time to malfunction.  Nobody can prove anything.  It's sort of like the crime-fighting editor of the Providence Journal dying of blunt trauma to the head while on a bicycle ride one day.  Bad things just happen.  No witnesses.

What are we to make of Denver's center, on the first play of the game, throwing the football over the quarterback's head and into the endzone?  Nerves?  Really?  Is the center that stupid?  Why aren't there a bunch of "almost" hike it over the quarterback's head plays, near misses, in the regular season?  Normally the blitzers will get to the football before the quarterback.  Somehow Seattle only picked up a safety.

The very first play in the Super Bowl?  This reminds me of the movie about the Chicago Black Sox scandal, where the mobster threatens to kill the pitcher's wife if he doesn't go off target in the very first inning.  So, the first three batters end in a three run homer.

Preseason games are fixed by the coaches, who want to lower expectations, especially when the first team is playing in the first quarter.  Running backs are told to carry the ball in one hand away from the body.  Quarterbacks are ordered to lob the ball directly at a defender, preferably on an out route for a pick-six.  On fourth down, players are told to tackle the punter after he kicks the football downfield.  I liked one preseason drive where Oakland, I believe, ran into the punter twice on the same "drive" so that their incompetent opponent would score a touchdown.  So it's not like a ball carrier doesn't know how to throw a game when a mobster wants a personal gambling debt paid off.  Just put the ball on the ground!

The surest sign of a ref-fixed game is a bad pass interference call that puts the football on the 1 yard line, or that never gets called on one team.  Offsides is nothing compared to a free touchdown, so the bought refs only call the biggies. 

This thread is all about letting the best advertising revenue win.  That's possible.  The NBA's fixed system had most playoff series always going to game 6 or game 7, because more playoff games equalled more advertising minutes to sell.  If your team was up 2-0 or especially 3-0 in a playoff series, guess who would win the next game.

The problem with that theory is that the Super Bowl didn't go down to the wire.  The SB was over by halftime, and TV sets all over Colorado went click click click early.  The other problem with both Denver and Seattle is their markets.  San Francisco would have been a better market than Seattle.  In fairness, Pete Carroll had the best team and sometimes that counts, otherwise everybody would be betting on the underdogs and always winning.  It would be nice to see how much money was wagered on Seattle winning by at least 20 points or even by 30 points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatricosbuttbuster45. Show phatricosbuttbuster45's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

And how about all your other names BUST-CHISE ?

Among them are:

Bustify

Uncle Rico

Manning Rules

Meadowland Mike

Mile High Mike

Bungalo Bill

Wewerrdat

Fletcherbrook

Footballexpert45

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatricosbuttbuster45. Show phatricosbuttbuster45's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dick, I guess your still hopping mad about being Rusty Trombone.  You have to admit, it was funny.

Be a good sport. Not everyone can be the butt end of a joke like you.

[/QUOTE]

And how about all your other names BUST-CHISE ?

Among them are:

Bustify

Uncle Rico

Manning Rules

Meadowland Mike

Mile High Mike

Bungalo Bill

Wewerrdat

Fletcherbrook

Footballexpert45

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

By this author's logic, maybe the Sox's winning the WS after the Boston bombing, was also a rigged event

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is just no argument to be made that the reffing had anything to do with Denver losing the SB.  Even if "the fix was in", Seattle would've beaten the Broncos and the refs.

So why would this conspiracy hold any water in a game that was already so one sided?  I mean, if the NFL is fixing games, wouldn't they do it in a close game, not a blow out?

There was no amount of fixing that would have resulted in a Denver win.  The whole nation knew this was going the way of the NFC well before the SB was even played.

[/QUOTE]

Soups, did you read the article or my post? Noone is talking about the SB where the Broncos got waxed. We are talking about the NFC conference championship where all the calls went to seattle and none went to San fran. Some of the calls or non calls are too blatant to ignore imo. Now this is where peoples bias comes in. You love the game so you dismiss it. Same w/Homers not being able to see their team aint great. I take myself out of the equation and consider the facts, research,etc. Right now the evidence is too compelling and the anti trust stating NFL is entertainment and ONE ENTITY instead of 32....well there it is. How much more you need. I will still watch cuz its entertaining like its intention. BUT I wont be scratching my head wondering why MY team didnt win. Its all planned out. Just enjoy it ..

I cant say that I havent seen the Pats get their fair share of calls. Kraft probably pays to win a couple more reg. season games and thats why we are successfull in reg. season. How many times this past year did Brady make miss throw on 3rd down only to see the flags fly and they give him another shot? I mean Im Bradys biggest fan(outside of Babe) and even I can admit that.

[/QUOTE]

Read it and enjoyed it.  Really well written post, seriously.

But I'm just extrapolating a bit.  It stands to reason that if games have been rigged in the past, why would they stop with the SB?  I don't totally buy into the rigged thing, but I see the evidence.  My point is, this was a SB where no amount of rigging anything would've affected the ultimate matchup of Seattle versus Denver.

SF made a stupid mistake in play calling.  They had first and ten from the 20 and threw a near pylon play to Crabtree in double coverage.  Really bad call.  

15. This post has been removed.