Regardless of officiating and performance by players, The Game Was Lost by the O.C.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Regardless of officiating and performance by players, The Game Was Lost by the O.C.

if you know football well pray tell, i think you will understand what im talking about.

no one other non coaching factor was more responsible in determining who won this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

Re: Regardless of officiating and performance by players, The Game Was Lost by the O.C.

I couldn't agree with you more.  While officiating was terrible and the D was incapable of making any noise, once again, personnel and playcalling on offense was suspect, at best.  For the Ravens to have jumped routes on 2 of those idiotic bubble screens we run way to much and almost come up with picks shows that they're seeing something in the formation that's a tell.  For the second straight week we try some crazy razzle-dazzle play that results (for the second straight week) in a huge loss of yardage and never even gets a chance at positive yardage.  Personnel on the field...  I'm so over Danny Woodhead.  Gronk only targeted twice...  Obviously, the Ravens gameplanned to take him out of the game, but come on, we've seen Brady force the ball to Welker time and time again over the years, so why not a big target like Gronk?  Whatever happened to RB screens and using him as an outlet...  Ravens got a lot of yardage early just dumping off to the RB...  And though this one falls on BB instead of McDaniels, we should have gone for 2 on one of those last 2 touchdowns.   I feared that it would come back to bite us.

I wasn't a McD fan even in '07 and '08.  I was thrilled to be 18-0 heading into that Superbowl, but felt he'd been exposed in those last 3 regulars season games against, Balt, Phila, and the Giants...  I felt Moss covered up for a lot of his inabilities, and I was very uneasy about him coming back.  Would I take him over O'Brien?  Yes, but I just don't think he's doing a very good job with this personnel.

Everyone wants to blame the refs and the D, but this coaching staff is driving me crazy! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Regardless of officiating and performance by players, The Game Was Lost by the O.C.

I'm wondering why we didn't use the timeouts at then end. We completely eliminated any hail mary chance. Thats not playing the odds. I hope they review TO usage when they look over tape.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm wondering why we didn't use the timeouts at then end. We completely eliminated any hail mary chance. Thats not playing the odds. I hope they review TO usage when they look over tape.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too....get in to FG range and let Ghost try to redeem himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I agree with the coaching assessment too. We are too predictable. If Tom needs more time put two linemen in as "running backs". Do something. I also think that TB looked a little gun shy. He almost went down twice because he thought he was going to be sacked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'll agree the some of the play calling was irratating. But 500 yards of offense is absolutely horrible and most of that was in 3 quarters. This defense needs to start making some plays. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

[/QUOTE]

That being said the D at some point has to make a stop. They gave up 500 yards in offense, had 0 sacks and didn't have 1 qb pressure.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the D does have to step up, but for two straight games, Jones has been held almost every play  (and blatantly, on many occasion), so until holding is being called consistently (if that ever happens), there won't be a consistent pass rush and it's going to be up to the offense to make plays...  and none of it would have mattered if we'd just ran the ball and ate some clock around the 2 minute mark instead of going with the pass, pass, pass, punt mantra that seems to be Josh McD's  m.o.  Yes, I realize the running game wasn't all that great either, but at that point, it's all about eating clock and making the Ravens use their timeouts...  we didn't need to score.  I just think the bottom line is that our O is very predictable and good teams know when to just line up and bring the heat to tee off on Brady.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

Maybe the OC, but more likley Brady overruling the plays. Here we are having another good day on the ground and once again, he passes 40+ times and we lose.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Starting a thread because you have an ax to grind with the "McDaniel's is better than O'Brien" crowd is the height of stupidity.  They scored 30 points.  If the phantom call wasn't made on McCourty the game is over, if the refs reviewed the kick or even bothered to look up the Pat's win the game. Get over yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

No outside speed at the wr position. B Loydd doesn't go deep. Just once in the Tenn. game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if you know football well pray tell, i think you will understand what im talking about.

no one other non coaching factor was more responsible in determining who won this game.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree the play calling at times was strange and the use of personel on offense even stranger.

That being said the D at some point has to make a stop. They gave up 500 yards in offense, had 0 sacks and didn't have 1 qb pressure.

[/QUOTE]

everything i read so far in this thread is true, but none of these reasons were more responsible than the coaches calls durign the game (just like the cardsgame ).

the sad thing is bb doesnt know, doesnt care or is powerless to do anythign about it, like he has been with obrian. 

its my take, bb values his emotional comfort level with coaches and players (his personal level of security) over skill. therefore he overvalues some players (ie devin hugely over-valued, mayo a good player but paid like an elite lb - over-valued) and using coaches who dont have his gravitas instead of getting the best coaches possible (which the premiere elite team in the leagee should have). if bb didnt have this issue, with brady and what we have alone, we would be on our way to another afc championship game and would likely have won 1 or 2 of the giant sb games.

its a little saddening (of what could have been, ie a legacy unmatched in the nfl)

thanks for the read and any thougths.

peace

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Bergzilla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with the coaching assessment too. We are too predictable. If Tom needs more time put two linemen in as "running backs". Do something. I also think that TB looked a little gun shy. He almost went down twice because he thought he was going to be sacked.

[/QUOTE]

i sadi the same thinmg of tom in teh game thread. he can get the yips (emotioanlly frazzled) during periods of games, sometimes going down when he is nearly tackeld but not tackeld, rush throws, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to manowar333's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the D does have to step up, but for two straight games, Jones has been held almost every play  (and blatantly, on many occasion), so until holding is being called consistently (if that ever happens), there won't be a consistent pass rush and it's going to be up to the offense to make plays...  and none of it would have mattered if we'd just ran the ball and ate some clock around the 2 minute mark instead of going with the pass, pass, pass, punt mantra that seems to be Josh McD's  m.o.  Yes, I realize the running game wasn't all that great either, but at that point, it's all about eating clock and making the Ravens use their timeouts...  we didn't need to score.  I just think the bottom line is that our O is very predictable and good teams know when to just line up and bring the heat to tee off on Brady.

[/QUOTE]

ive said the same thing of jones in game thread and a remedy. taling a meeting through teh process set up of a ccomplaint with tutorial of him gettign held on nearly every play, so in future games the refs will have their eye out for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, danny w up the middle on 2nd and third down when we need first downs to kill the clock aint gonna do it. you got 2 legit backs (rdley and boldin), use em and some better paly calling with all teh damn weapons we have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not blaming just jones for not getting to the QB the TEAM had ZERO QB pressures  but at some point the D needs to make plays they can't continue to cough up 2 possesion leads in the 4th qtr. 

all true and i called this out all game on teh thread, but my friend you have to sue the chess pieces we have with strategy and its lacking

[/QUOTE]

Look the Offense can be crticized for some bizarre play calls and certain personel groupings but they did put up 30 points on the road.

I am not blaming just jones for not getting to the QB the TEAM had ZERO QB pressures  but at some point the D needs to make plays they can't continue to cough up 2 possesion leads in the 4th qtr.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ClifordWasHere's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe the OC, but more likley Brady overruling the plays. Here we are having another good day on the ground and once again, he passes 40+ times and we lose.

[/QUOTE]

i dont think brady is calling woodhead up the middle on obvious runs in criticla times in the game or fo ra several minute drive when we need 2 scores (cards game). i think brady calling his own plays woudl be better than obrian or josh and woudl prefer that. howver my top vote would be for a top league oc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Starting a thread because you have an ax to grind with the "McDaniel's is better than O'Brien" crowd is the height of stupidity.  They scored 30 points.  If the phantom call wasn't made on McCourty the game is over, if the refs reviewed the kick or even bothered to look up the Pat's win the game. Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

myself?

stupidity?

where do you get off?

you display some intellingence sometimes, then its lost on you.

there are 10 or more things that could have determined the game, but game management and playcalling 2 games in a row has cost these games (regardles if you change none of those events). if you cant consider this, then you cant. 

if you cant see it, no worries, then im not talking to you (but to those who wish to consider it or who already see it).

replying to a thread you think is "stupid" is what????? certianly not the smartest or most psychologiocally adjusted thing to do eh?.....

"axe" used in your comments above means observation. so you want no one to make an observation and if they do, it means they have an ax to grind. wow, just wow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We had 2 timeouts left and they had 1st down with 52s left. It would have taken 4s to run 2 plays so it would have left 48s left and 3rd down if they burned both TO's. They could have kneed the 3rd down and run the clock to 4-5s left and burned their TO to setup a FG with no time left for the Pats for the hailmary or even a TO left to ice the kicker. It was the right move not to call a TO and ice the kicker instead. If you check out the vid I posted from barstool appearently the icing worked too, but the refs blew the call

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

the one horrendous call was the reverse trick play.  They had already reversed to Edelman 4 plays earlier ...

as bad as that was, if Brady gets in the way of (blocks) the De , it would have worked.  he didn't do anything on that play...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree about the phantom call on MCC ... That was on 3rd down, gifting the ball to the ravens.  If they punt there(which they would have) NE gets the ball up 2 scores... COMPLETELY different ballgame.

That sh!t call changed the game right there.  Pats D deflated , MCC became more hesitant ... The ONE TIME or one of the few times, this defense deserved to get off the field ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree about the phantom call on MCC ... That was on 3rd down, gifting the ball to the ravens.  If they punt there(which they would have) NE gets the ball up 2 scores... COMPLETELY different ballgame.

That sh!t call changed the game right there.  Pats D deflated , MCC became more hesitant ... The ONE TIME or one of the few times, this defense deserved to get off the field ...

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that one play turned momentum and effectively ended the game for us. The game was over right there.

Play calling had nothing to do with it, it was the penalty calling.  The zebras gifted that game to Baltimore because they were intimidated by the moment, the crowd and/or decided to give Torrey Smith a redemption moment due to the loss of his brother.  I'm sure they were aware of his situation and that's why they picked up the flag in the endzone when he blatantly pushed off for his first touchdown. That's why they called a shanked field goal fair.

These guys are in way over their heads...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Oh yeah and they scored 30 points, this isn't O'Brien scoring two TD's in the Super Bowl... they scored just fine.