Reggie Bush = Free Agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Reggie Bush = Free Agent

I know the backfield is stacked but I would love to have this multi weapon in the Patriots backfield.  Anyone interested in making any room for him? Have no idea who I would get rid of to do this but I think he would fit perfectly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Reggie Bush = Free Agent

only after we fill needs for DL, WR, CB. If he could turn into a multi-tasker like Thurman Thomas I'd be more inclined.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

no

Why?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I know the backfield is stacked but I would love to have this multi weapon in the Patriots backfield.  Anyone interested in making any room for him? Have no idea who I would get rid of to do this but I think he would fit perfectly.

I would Like To Get Monte Ball Out Of Wisc, He,s  Not Expected To Go Early, But Like Ex Stated We Have Other Needs To Fill First..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So then cut Vereen?  Bush wants $ too.........

Look BB better sign Talib, or get a number CB.  Period........

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

no i don't think so, he's going to want too much money and the patriots have far greater needs than a reggie bush type back. they have demps coming back next year and that guy is explosive. if they were to add another back it would be the big powerful back that can run people over. this is just my opinion of course but i'd say no to signing reggie bush.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

So then cut Vereen?  Bush wants $ too.........

Look BB better sign Talib, or get a number CB.  Period........

yes i agree, talib should be a priority along with vollmer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bush is a Jet next year 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Too much money, not enough need. Vereen, Woodhead, Demps

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

With only four draft picks this year and the salary cap to worry about, I think they need to focus on positions where they are weak--DB (both corner and safetey), WR, DL (interior mostly), OL (re-signing Vollmer, maybe adding an interior lineman), and even LB (need coverage skills).  

QB, RB, and TE are good enough as is.  

If I were to do anything radical it might be trading away one of our starting LBs.  While Mayo, Spikes, and Hightower are all good players, they are all best in the middle and against the run.  I wouldn't mind seeing the LB core switch out one of those guys for a LB who is better on the outside and in pass coverage.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

With only four draft picks this year and the salary cap to worry about, I think they need to focus on positions where they are weak--DB (both corner and safetey), WR, DL (interior mostly), OL (re-signing Vollmer, maybe adding an interior lineman), and even LB (need coverage skills).  

If I were to do anything radical it might be trading away one of our starting LBs.  While Mayo, Spikes, and Hightower are all good players, they are all best in the middle and against the run.  I wouldn't mind seeing the LB core switch out one of those guys for a LB who is better on the outside and in pass coverage.  

Agree this is a need, but they had a good guy here in Carpenter, but they let him go. Spikes will need to be paid once his rookie deal is done, think Hightower is the guy to keep over Spikes. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I absolutely agree, all three of those linebackers you mention are good middle linebackers. Now a guy like Hightower might turn into a good outside backer, but you look at his body and the first thing that comes to mind is...made for the middle.

The guy that I'm really surprised couldn't do it is Mayo - most of his good plays this year came when he was lined up on the inside - put him outside and he is the most average outside linebacker I've ever seen. He doesn't get to the edge, he can't read it fast enough, he gets blocked by tight ends, he gets locked up on a blocker and the guy wizzes right on by, he can't pass rush from the edge, he loses his man in space??? I mean, what the hell?? This guy is a 40 million dollar linebacker who played outside in college and was a top ten pick for christ's sake. In the middle he is fine. Maybe he will get better out there, but man it's not like we are asking him to fly the space shuttle here. I'd trade him in a heart beat...he's best inside and we got two guys that can do that right now. This guy is the definition of average - he gets paid much better than that - that money could make a difference elsewhere.

They can't trade him, I imagine he will be moved back inside at some point in the near future...probably when Spikes leaves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessiemaggie. Show jessiemaggie's posts

Reggie Bush holds the NFL season  record for lowest yards per catch. As I remember, it was while he was with the Saints and was just over 4 yards per reception.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Based on your other thread, you would be unwilling to give Hartline (player in a position of need) 5-8 million, but you're willing to give a guy who plays in a position that we don't need, something around the 5-8 million he's seeking in FA?

This seems like another knee-jerk reaction thread to the loss.

Pats will never be able to build a good team if they keep signing veterans ahead of their young players. Vereen should be able to play Bush's role next season. Maybe not as well, but for the price, Vereen is a better deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

No

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Why??  Look at the cost.  You would cheat Ridley, Vereen and Demps out of time.  Why would you want to push these promising youngs guys aside?  Bush will cost bucks as well.  Probably nothng  that big but big enough.  The bottom line is I don't believe he would help that much if at all due to the young RB team the Pats currently have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Why??  Look at the cost.  You would cheat Ridley, Vereen and Demps out of time.  Why would you want to push these promising youngs guys aside?  Bush will cost bucks as well.  Probably nothng  that big but big enough.  The bottom line is I don't believe he would help that much if at all due to the young RB team the Pats currently have.

Why?  Well I'm worried about how Ridley is going to hold up.  He fumbles plus as I have mentioned in the forum several times I don't like the hit he took against the Ravens.  He was knocked out cold!!  Once you get hit like that concussions come fairly easy.  And that's not good for a running back, they are always taking hit to the head.  I won't be surprised if he battles concussions the rest of his career.  Sad, but true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

There may be reasons to prefer Bush over Ridley, but not fumbles.

Bush averages one fumble every 36 carries (27 fumbles in 967 career carries).

Ridley averages one fumble every 75 carries (5 fumbles in 377 career carries).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bush is a tweener who runs too tall to be an every down back, his career won't last long unless he avoids contact and maybe he's better off in a West Coast system that utilizes him like Roger Craig in the receiving game.

Besides we're so stacked in the backfield, Vereen, Woody and Demps are better 3rd down options.  I want to see Bolden get some carries next season, if he can lay the hammer, burst through open holes and most importantly hold on to the rock a healthy competition between he and Ridley would be fun to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead and Bolden = No.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

There may be reasons to prefer Bush over Ridley, but not fumbles.

Bush averages one fumble every 36 carries (27 fumbles in 967 career carries).

Ridley averages one fumble every 75 carries (5 fumbles in 377 career carries).

Good stat, did not know that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:

Why?  Well I'm worried about how Ridley is going to hold up.  He fumbles plus as I have mentioned in the forum several times I don't like the hit he took against the Ravens.  He was knocked out cold!!  Once you get hit like that concussions come fairly easy.  And that's not good for a running back, they are always taking hit to the head.  I won't be surprised if he battles concussions the rest of his career.  Sad, but true.

--------------------------

You still have Vereen and Demps.  I see Vereen stepping in a little bit more and it's hard to argue what Demps brings to the table.  Bush would be a good aquisition if the Pats were needing a RB.  That is currently not a need on this team even with the legitimate question on Ridley.

25. This post has been removed.