Reggie Wayne is a Quitter...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Reggie Wayne is a Quitter...

Word out of Indy is that Reggie Wayne has quit the Colts and is shutting it down for the season. Evidence - Past 3 games he decided to not play 100%. In those 3 games hes caught only 11 passes for 110 yards. Terrible numbers for a person that started the season hot. Newspapers are claiming that he should be benched for such effort.

O wait - hes just being double teamed similar to randy moss - "Stats are for losers"... nevermind.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter...

I think the quitting charge against moss has more to do with giving up on plays when Brady is scrambling out of the pocket, not fighting for the ball when it is thrown his way, and alligator arming catches for fear of being hit. 

If Wayne had EVER been a malcontent, the media might look scrutinize him a little more, but that cupboard is bare.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

And let me add...Belichick's response to the chirping Panther DB's was spot on and a very good way to support Moss. 

That said, it doesn't mean the DB's were wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeas.  If you don't think Moss quit, you didn't watch the game.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter...:
    [QUOTE]And let me add...Belichick's response to the chirping Panther DB's was spot on and a very good way to support Moss.  That said, it doesn't mean the DB's were wrong.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

yeah it does underdoggg....defended you before....but you are a troll
    I trust the guy with the 5 rings over two losing team whiners every day of the week and twice on sunday......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Reggie Wayne is a Quitter...:
    [QUOTE]Word out of Indy is that Reggie Wayne has quit the Colts and is shutting it down for the season. Evidence - Past 3 games he decided to not play 100%. In those 3 games hes caught only 11 passes for 110 yards. Terrible numbers for a person that started the season hot. Newspapers are claiming that he should be benched for such effort. O wait - hes just being double teamed similar to randy moss - "Stats are for losers"... nevermind.  
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Post Kyle, I was thinking the other day the Reggie Wayne was a bum and you just validated my thought process. Keep up the good posts!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The media has been trying to make Moss out to be TO for a while, hasn't worked yet.  This fact just goes to show how the media wants bad guys and good guys and won't let facts get in the way.

I saw NFL network today and they showed the Pats going for it on fourth in the Carolina game and not getting it.  Then they commented that he was just trying to prove he was right in the Colts game and he'll keep going for it on 4th "maybe he'll get one eventually".  Conveniently didn't mention that he got a 4th down conversion in that game and the game before.  And that he goes for 4th down this year as much as he has every year. 

Nothing wrong with a Blatant lie as long as it makes a good story.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I think the quitting charge against moss has more to do with giving up on plays when Brady is scrambling out of the pocket, not fighting for the ball when it is thrown his way, and alligator arming catches for fear of being hit.  If Wayne had EVER been a malcontent, the media might look scrutinize him a little more, but that cupboard is bare.
    Just be happy the media hasn't decided to attack Wayne because the only difference between these two is how the media wants to portray them.  Do you think coverage of thier last three games is right?

Moss       6 rec for 149   All over the news for quitting
    Wayne    11 rec for 110  Nobody knows anything about it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Honestly, the medias don't give a monkey ball about Wayne, frankly cuz he just isn't Randy Moss good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Numbers dont mean a thing. Who cares if Wayne has had bad numbers. Has he quit on routes? Has he quit blocking down field? Has he short armed very catchable balls? No he hasnt. Moss didnt even show up sunday. Those of you defending him for not giving even a 70% effort should be embarrassed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

for all those complaining about moss quitting - what do you want to happen? want to keep complaining and criticizing to a point where you run him out of town? you seriously want that? Who you going to replace a top 5 receiver in the League with?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : yeah it does underdoggg....defended you before....but you are a troll I trust the guy with the 5 rings over two losing team whiners every day of the week and twice on sunday......
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with trust or being a troll.  I responded to a post about a player for a team that of which I am a fan, and I know that the subject of the thread was in response to the national media wondering whether or not Moss quit. 

I guess if you think I am a troll for responding the way I did, you assume that pats fans should be the only ones allowed to throw stones.  I don't see it like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : Just be happy the media hasn't decided to attack Wayne because the only difference between these two is how the media wants to portray them.  Do you think coverage of thier last three games is right? Moss       6 rec for 149   All over the news for quitting Wayne    11 rec for 110  Nobody knows anything about it
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Sorry shen, totally disagree. 

Forget about Moss in NE.  Remember Moss in Minn and Oak.  Did he have a history in either one of those places as a malcontent?  Yes.  The reason that the media has focused here is because:
    a) there is a history
    b) the pats prior to last week had lost 3 of 4 which is very unpatriot like and the media are trying to find reasons for the slide.  Everyone and everything is being scrutinized.  The media found that Moss had not had as many catches and found video footage that looked like he was dogging it. 
    c) there is video footage of Moss looking disinterested on the sidelines.
    d) If there is any truth to the saying, "history repeats itself", then the media is using that history and applying to the questions about Moss today. 

Now, I don't know how any of this applies to Wayne, except that he is a wide receiver who has been double covered frequently this year and more particularly in recent games diminishing his production.  Other than that I don't see the parallel.  But maybe you know something I don't. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]for all those complaining about moss quitting - what do you want to happen? want to keep complaining and criticizing to a point where you run him out of town? you seriously want that? Who you going to replace a top 5 receiver in the League with?
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

Nobody!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Now, Boston Kyle's first post may have been funny.  Inaccurate...but funny.  His most recent post on the other hand, is spot on. 

Moss is a top 5 receiver and even a dogging it Moss is commanding a double team.  That is HUGE value well beyond stats like # of catches or yards or TD's. 

I am sure that the double coverage for him, Wayne, or any other receiver suc ks, because it does work to take the player out of the game.  But, the player HAS to be ready when the ball is thrown to them and the player has to fight for the ball, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : Sorry shen, totally disagree.  Forget about Moss in NE.  Remember Moss in Minn and Oak.  Did he have a history in either one of those places as a malcontent?  Yes.  The reason that the media has focused here is because: a) there is a history b) the pats prior to last week had lost 3 of 4 which is very unpatriot like and the media are trying to find reasons for the slide.  Everyone and everything is being scrutinized.  The media found that Moss had not had as many catches and found video footage that looked like he was dogging it.  c) there is video footage of Moss looking disinterested on the sidelines. d) If there is any truth to the saying, "history repeats itself", then the media is using that history and applying to the questions about Moss today.  Now, I don't know how any of this applies to Wayne, except that he is a wide receiver who has been double covered frequently this year and more particularly in recent games diminishing his production.  Other than that I don't see the parallel.  But maybe you know something I don't. 
    Ok, what did he do in MIN and OAK?  Can you remember the trouble he got in to?  Or was it the same thing that is going on now, the media reporting that he isn't trying while everyone on the team says he is.  His history of trouble is an invention that is not backed up with facts.  Could I find one person that doesn't like Wayne and put him on TV or find video of one play where it doesn't look like Wayne is giving 100%.  I'm sure I could. 

As I recall Moss squirted an official with a water bottle his rookie year and got fined.  He's a real thug.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : This has nothing to do with trust or being a troll.  I responded to a post about a player for a team that of which I am a fan, and I know that the subject of the thread was in response to the national media wondering whether or not Moss quit.  I guess if you think I am a troll for responding the way I did, you assume that pats fans should be the only ones allowed to throw stones.  I don't see it like that.

Beautiful backpeddling.  As far as Pats fans throwing stones, are they doing so on Indy-related boards or are they here on their own board for their own team?  Nobody needs to "think" you're a troll - anyone with an ounce of commen sense "knows" you're a troll.  And quite frankly, the overwhelming majority of us could probably give two rats patooties that you "don't see it like that."  You see the issues in exactly the same way we do - you're home team biased is clear for all to see.  The difference is, we aren't polluting/trolling your boards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : Ok, what did he do in MIN and OAK?  Can you remember the trouble he got in to?  Or was it the same thing that is going on now, the media reporting that he isn't trying while everyone on the team says he is.  His history of trouble is an invention that is not backed up with facts.  Could I find one person that doesn't like Wayne and put him on TV or find video of one play where it doesn't look like Wayne is giving 100%.  I'm sure I could.  As I recall Moss squirted an official with a water bottle his rookie year and got fined.  He's a real thug.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

You think he is a thug?  I thought we were just talking about him taking plays off out of frustration.  

As for trouble, which is unrelated to the subject didn't he intentionally bump a cop with his car because he did not want to obey the cops order?

As for on the field issues, didn't moss leave the field before the end of a game?

Didn't moss say this  "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too much excited about what's going on, so, my concentration and focus level tend to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood."?

Didn't moss say this "I play when I want to play."?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : Beautiful backpeddling.  As far as Pats fans throwing stones, are they doing so on Indy-related boards or are they here on their own board for their own team?  Nobody needs to "think" you're a troll - anyone with an ounce of commen sense "knows" you're a troll.  And quite frankly, the overwhelming majority of us could probably give two rats patooties that you "don't see it like that."  You see the issues in exactly the same way we do - you're home team biased is clear for all to see.  The difference is, we aren't polluting/trolling your boards.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]
    Who is backpedaling? And just so I get this clear, you are saying you should be able to throw stones, but I should not.  Is that what you are saying?

I have never suggested that I am not biased toward the colts.  I am.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Yes DEAR you are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : Who is backpedaling? And just so I get this clear, you are saying you should be able to throw stones, but I should not.  Is that what you are saying? I have never suggested that I am not biased toward the colts.  I am.

Try reading my post again with something beyond a 3rd grade level of understanding.  In case you cannot, what I said and implied was that we Pats fans are on our boards, busting an opposing team's/one of their player's chops.  You go to another teams fan-boards and start opining under the guise of "looking for other fans' perspective."  Every time your called out for being a snarky little troll - and in the process getting schooled by Epoch like you read about - you backpeddle or respond if you prefer, with a typical childish retort along the lines..."well, gee Wally, I was only trying to get a perspective" or the every popular "well, gee Wally, I'm entitled to my opinion too aren't I?"  I mean, who are you - Eddie Haskel?  Fact is, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but only a true troll (and a fan of an undefeated team as well), would constantly visit another fans board just to stir the pot.  And guess what - that's your right and your perogative....but it's ours to call you on your BS and to refer you to what you really are - a miserably troll just trying to stir the pot long after our two teams met.  Any more questions Eddie?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : Try reading my post again with something beyond a 3rd grade level of understanding.  In case you cannot, what I said and implied was that we Pats fans are on our boards, busting an opposing team's/one of their player's chops.  You go to another teams fan-boards and start opining under the guise of "looking for other fans' perspective."  Every time your called out for being a snarky little troll - and in the process getting schooled by Epoch like you read about - you backpeddle or respond if you prefer, with a typical childish retort along the lines..."well, gee Wally, I was only trying to get a perspective" or the every popular "well, gee Wally, I'm entitled to my opinion too aren't I?"  I mean, who are you - Eddie Haskel?  Fact is, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but only a true troll (and a fan of an undefeated team as well), would constantly visit another fans board just to stir the pot.  And guess what - that's your right and your perogative....but it's ours to call you on your BS and to refer you to what you really are - a miserably troll just trying to stir the pot long after our two teams met.  Any more questions Eddie?
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

Never really liked Leave it to Beaver.  Andy Griffith fan myself.  Ang (Barney's pet name for Andy, if you didn't know) was sneaky smart.  Great lessons can be learned from that show.  I recommend it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne is a Quitter... : You think he is a thug?  I thought we were just talking about him taking plays off out of frustration.   As for trouble, which is unrelated to the subject didn't he intentionally bump a cop with his car because he did not want to obey the cops order?
    As for on the field issues, didn't moss leave the field before the end of a game? Didn't moss say this   "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too much excited about what's going on, so, my concentration and focus level tend to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood."? Didn't moss say this "I play when I want to play."?
    All you need to know is Randy  age 32 has 144 career TD's
    Wayne age 31 has 62
    Randy also runs his own charity foundation and did more for charity last week than you me and Reggie Wayne have done in our lives.  But hey, sit on your high horse, twist everybodyies words,  invent reasons to hate people and you can die with the thought in your head that you're better than everybody. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I don't hate anyone. 

This thread is titled Reggie Wayne is a quitter.  There is no basis for even the assumption that thread title might be true.  So, who is trying to twist facts?  I was challenged to provide any information about Moss being a malcontent.  I did.  I never called him a thug.  Someone else tried to put those words in my mouth.  

But why focus on my ability to meet the challenge?  Why not instead focus on my opinion of Moss which I have made perfectly clear here this week. 

I agreed he is a top 5 receiver.  I said that if he is a quitting receiver, I'd still take him because he commands a double team every play, and when that double does not come, WATCH OUT.  His mere presence puts pressure on the defense.  The best poster name here is "moss effect", because it is true.   

There is no high horse here.  I am just calling it like it is.  Anyone who has been brainwashed into believing that Moss can do know wrong does so at their own risk of looking dumb.  The guy came to NE with A+ talent and a D+ attitude that was able to be buried pretty effectively but not completely.  

As for the charitable contributions of Moss vs Wayne, do you really know any of this about Wayne or are you just spewing?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Moss will be running from his past as long as he suits up.  He's simply viewed differently from a national perspective.  A reputation is a hard thing to shake.
    Unfortunately, Randy's past is checkered.  

All that really matters is that BB, Tom, and Randy are on the same page.  Unlike other players on this team, Randy isn't the owner of a big fat superbowl ring.  I'll hope he remembers that come playoff time.