Reiss's Quick-hit thoughts from Super Bowl (possible inactive players)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Reiss's Quick-hit thoughts from Super Bowl (possible inactive players)

Mike posted this around 6:00 am this morning. I agree with all of these but I question Ridley being active and Cannon not. Vollmer is just coming back from multiple injuries and illness. I think they need extra linemen. They also can't afford to have Ridley turning the ball over. Your thoughts?

4. Toughest call for me when projecting the 46-man game-day roster is rookie running back Stevan Ridley. If I had to guess the seven inactive players, these would be my choices: QB Ryan Mallett, RB Shane Vereen, RB Stevan Ridley, OL Donald Thomas, OL Marcus Cannon, LB Gary Guyton and DL Ron Brace. The final decisions will be announced about 90 minutes before kickoff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: Reiss's Quick-hit thoughts from Super Bowl (possible inactive players)

They need Ridley. The Giants horrible run defense is giving up 6 yards per carry the last 2 games. The Patriots will pound them until Ochocinco is wide open way down the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Reiss's Quick-hit thoughts from Super Bowl (possible inactive players):
    [QUOTE]They need Ridley. The Giants horrible run defense is giving up 6 yards per carry the last 2 games. The Patriots will pound them until Ochocinco is wide open way down the field.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

i completely agree, ridley and ocho need to be a big part of the game plan.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

What happens if Gronk can't play his normal TE position? Then you need Solder to play in his spot. If you have Vollmer at RT then who plays the other TE position in the power run package? I guess we'll know what they are thinking around 5:00 pm.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

isn't cannon a bit of a surprise? I figtured he'd be useful for the run game....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Been posting that Ridley will be a factor. Vollmer's conditioning cold be a problem but he is big help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would rather have Polite in active then Ridley.  Does Polite play special teams? 

Mallett, Vereen, Donald Thomas, Guyton, Nate Jones, Polite, Brace

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Now Reiss is reporting: 

* Latest on Rob Gronkowski's ankle: "I'm told the plan right now is that he will play with his ankle heavily taped. He'll be evaluated again in pregame warmups but the expectation is he will play as much as possible."

Then this in his What Creative Wrinkle?

1. Perhaps offensive lineman Nate Solder, who played 144 snaps as a tight end, catches his first career pass.

So if this plays out, Gronk only last for 1/2 the game and if Vollmer doesn't last we are screwed at TE run blocking as well as protecting Brady. This is why Cannon should be active.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In Response to Re: Reiss's Quick-hit thoughts from Super Bowl (possible inactive players):
    [QUOTE]You have to figure they'll shoot him with cortizone at halftime.  The pain with him won't be the problem, it'l be the ability to get him to think nothing is wrong, so there's no restrictions. Tape, shoot up at halftime, then another tape job would seem to be the thing.  Anyone who saw Roethlisturd in the Denver game should be thinking Gronk will look as close to normal as possible.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

I agree Rusty but the two position are completely different in that one just plants the foot to throw the ball and the other might have a 300+ pound defensive lineman trying his hardest to make Gronk put weight on it and put additional stress on it. That's why I feel they shouldn't even have him lining up close to the line. Postion him wide on either side and keep him moving so they can't put the big guys on him.

We're about to see how this all plays out.