Remember post super bowl we discussed biggest weakness, looks like i (and whoever else thought) was right about the secondary.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Remember post super bowl we discussed biggest weakness, looks like i (and whoever else thought) was right about the secondary.

(in offseason, the topic was for the coming year )

dennard may be some help

hopefully dowling gets on the field and looks good.

the others are not good, to be kind.

biggest team weakness in my mind (on the field)

one weakness i did not see was josh playcalling/gamecalling losing games and almost losing games we are setting offensive records in and ripping turnovers in at teh same time as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dennard may be some help

one weakness i did not see was josh playcalling/gamecalling losing games and almost losing games we are setting offensive records in and ripping turnovers in at teh same time as well.

[/QUOTE]

The stats prove you correct so far. They are dead last on defense passing yardage allowed.

But it was the first time seeing Dennard, Dowling, and Wilson on the field at the same time. It will take time for all of them to get this defense down. I liked what I saw yestesday and they will improve. Gregory is a good safety but having Wilson getting more playing time while Gregory is out can only make him and the team better down the road.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Seriously, are we going to have this same thread every week? The front seven (mostly the front 4) got very little pressure on Manning. He is still a very good QB, and he was facing a very inexperienced secondary. Almost any QB given enough time will pick apart a defense. Get more pressure up front and the DBs will start to look much better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yes, we will have the same thread every week....lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I actually said this before you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good thread - the truth hurts - our secondary stinks. To be honest Manning had all day to throw, but still...there were holes large enough to fly an airplane through in that secondary. When is this going to stop? It's been, what? Five years now?

Chung=Waste of four years of a roster spot/development/draft pick/salary

The thing is...I wanted them to draft Chung and was happy they did...I was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. There is not a more average safety in football - he stinks five yards beyond the line of scrimmage and he gets blocked (easily) in the box. The guy needs to eat a sandwhich...eat some proein powder...lift a weight..something, anything. He is a stick. Ig he turns sideways you won't see him. You could poke one of his eyes out and run some thread through it and sew a sweater with him! It's simple - give him a pink slip now and let him hit free agency a year early (he's a good guy; consider it a favor). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good thread - the truth hurts - our secondary stinks. To be honest Manning had all day to throw, but still...there were holes large enough to fly an airplane through in that secondary. When is this going to stop? It's been, what? Five years now?

Chung=Waste of four years of a roster spot/development/draft pick/salary

The thing is...I wanted them to draft Chung and was happy they did...I was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. There is not a more average safety in football - he stinks five yards beyond the line of scrimmage and he gets blocked (easily) in the box. The guy needs to eat a sandwhich...eat some proein powder...lift a weight..something, anything. He is a stick. Ig he turns sideways you won't see him. You could poke one of his eyes out and run some thread through it and sew a sweater with him! It's simple - give him a pink slip now and let him hit free agency a year early (he's a good guy; consider it a favor). 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously, are we going to have this same thread every week? The front seven (mostly the front 4) got very little pressure on Manning. He is still a very good QB, and he was facing a very inexperienced secondary. Almost any QB given enough time will pick apart a defense. Get more pressure up front and the DBs will start to look much better.

[/QUOTE]

BdBReu isn't very bright. He has no idea what off holding looks like and how it affects coverage.

Not 1 off holding call on Denver all night, if many penalties at all.  Manning rarely had to move in the pocket and he could just survey the field at will. 

[/QUOTE]

It's funny that someone who "isn't very bright" didn't click the Add your post button 5 times (like you did). At least I only did it twice...kind of a learn from the initial mistake type of thing, but you...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So based upon your comments about the secondary I can then say the D backs on all teams the Pats play is the weakest part of all those teams because Brady puts up 290 yds per game?

If you give the opposing QB 4+ secs to throw every one will torch the D backs.

I'm not saying they are the best in the NFL but in every one of your posts you focus only on what proves your point and disregard the other factors that create that out come.

If the D gets no rush it puts more on the D backs.

You say the D backs suk. They are 7th in INTs and Sacks they were 19 before yesterday. Sorry but I see D backs that have issues but play pretty good with out a real good pass rush yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So based upon your comments about the secondary I can then say the D backs on all teams the Pats play is the weakest part of all those teams because Brady puts up 290 yds per game?

I'm not saying they are the best in the NFL but in every one of your posts you focus only on what proves your point and disregard the other factors that create that out come.

You say the D backs suk. They are 7th in INTs and Sacks they were 19 before yesterday. Sorry but I see D backs that have issues but play pretty good with out a real good pass rush yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]

dennard may be some help

[/QUOTE]

With apologies, but I would say that the secondary has been a detriment since 2007. I don't find this to be big news.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]

dennard may be some help

[/QUOTE]

With apologies, but I would say that the secondary has been a detriment since 2007. I don't find this to be big news.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]

dennard may be some help

[/QUOTE]

25. This post has been removed.