Replacing Mayo-Options?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

Replacing Mayo-Options?

I don't think Tedy can come back, if he wanted to, due to contract obligations w/ ESPN.  I don't know the ins and outs of his contract, just speculating.  Zach Thomas I believe is out there, however obviously there is the question of how much, if any, is left in the tank.  What are some other options for the Pats to fill the LB void for the next 6-8 weeks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patman22. Show patman22's posts

Re: Replacing Mayo-Options?

What about the Derrik Brooks, not sure he has anything left either though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

None of the guys out there should be expected to be starters. Bruschi, Seau, Thomas or Brooks are all way past their prime and would not make this team any better. I would say maybe Brooks to add depth but he is not a starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

thats what was said about seymour,but its depth that is needed.6-8 weeks is a long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Guyton. 

Ofcourse the Patriots and Bears (The two teams that Peter King picked to win the SB) have to lose their star LBs. 

Let's hope Guyton picks up the screen better aginst the Jets. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Replacing Mayo-Options?:
    [QUOTE]What about the Derrik Brooks, not sure he has anything left either though.
    Posted by patman22[/QUOTE]Derrick Brooks worked out for the Saints and was said to look very good. I can see the Pats signing him by Thursday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The Bears lost Urlacher for the year, then worked out Brooks and passed on him.  To me, that says alot about what he has left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Zach Thomas makes sense since he is familiar with this type of system with the Dolphins.  Hope he's in shape!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I can see the team bringing back Paris Lenon for depth, and determining whether or not Guyton can handle the position.  He didn't play well on Monday, but he didn't practice at middle linebacker at all during the week, so let's see what he does after preparing to play the position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

isnt zach thomas on the cheifs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]isnt zach thomas on the cheifs?
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

Believe he was cut by KC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Zac Thomas is a free agent. He was cut by KC before the season started

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

by order of preference would b seau, lenon, and zac thomas. u want guys already skilled in the 3-4 and bel system... the tampa guy brooks has never played in 3-4 and is undersized for what bel likes to do. what SEAU you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Adalius Thomas could man the middle and make the Pro Bowl if necessary, Guyton will stay there until he proves he can or can't or until Mayo comes back. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i would take thomas then... missed him getting cut

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaspeace. Show chaspeace's posts

I agree they could shift Adalius Thomas to the inside. Maybe Guyton would be more effective on the outside than trying to play ML in a 4:3. I love BB, but he let the team get thin at LB. He had opportunities to draft Rey Maualuga and still haven't figured out why he didn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

How bout bringing back the Big Nickle?  Two LBs - A. Thomas and Guyton, and one extra safety - Chung or McGowan?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]i would take thomas then... missed him getting cut
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE] You guys can't be serious about Z Thomas, he couldn't make it on KC. The Pats would be almost as well off signing anyone of you as they would with Thomas.. BB will figure out what is best and fix the problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Just got a text from nfl mobile and it said that the Pats may be looking at Derrick Brooks.  Do not know how true or if  it is just a rumor. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Replacing Mayo-Options?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Tedy can come back, if he wanted to, due to contract obligations w/ ESPN.  I don't know the ins and outs of his contract, just speculating.  Zach Thomas I believe is out there, however obviously there is the question of how much, if any, is left in the tank.  What are some other options for the Pats to fill the LB void for the next 6-8 weeks?
    Posted by adco1212[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it but we do have some tasty future draft picks to shop around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from out2kastones. Show out2kastones's posts

AD will shift to inside and Derrick Burgess will play outside LB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I wonder if we can trade a pick or too for someone. Im just not sure who is available via trade

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from out2kastones. Show out2kastones's posts

AD will shift to the inside and Derrick Burgess and Guyton play outside

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Just got a text from nfl mobile and it said that the Pats may be looking at Derrick Brooks.  Do not know how true or if  it is just a rumor. 
    Posted by mississippipatfan[/QUOTE]

Brooks would make more sense that zak, junior or colvin. let's face it, those guys are done. BB flat out blew it by going into the season with such a thin LB corps, especially after what happened to tommy last year.
    This is a repeat of last year, except its the key defensive player out for half a year in the first series of the first game. I'm very disappointed in BB's planning, especially given the LB talent that he cloose to pass on in the draft.