Replay clearly shows Faulk made first down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Replay clearly shows Faulk made first down

In Response to Re: Replay clearly shows Faulk made first down:
    [QUOTE]"You're not going to believe this but pats fans are actually talking smack about the Jets after the Jets beat the living snot out of the pats in week # 2! I know I can't believe it either-I always thought your team was supposed to Win not Lose before opening your traps???" That's the way it is around here.  These guys talked trash about the Colts losing to the Chargers in the playoffs last year, and not only did the Colts beat the Pats last year but the Pats failed to even make the playoffs!  What's more, the last time the Colts and Pats met in the playoff, the Colts won!  And these guys are somehow certain that their team is vastly superior to the Colts...reality is not recognized on these matters.
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]
    16-9? That is what you call getting the snot beat out of you. Lay off the stuff dude, its clouding your vision. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

There's no crying in football! New Yorkers say Jets coach Rex Ryan's blubbering was cryin' shame

A man's tears are fine in a hospital delivery room, at home, at the funeral of a loved one. But in front of your team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]"You're not going to believe this but pats fans are actually talking smack about the Jets after the Jets beat the living snot out of the pats in week # 2! I know I can't believe it either-I always thought your team was supposed to Win not Lose before opening your traps???" That's the way it is around here.  These guys talked trash about the Colts losing to the Chargers in the playoffs last year, and not only did the Colts beat the Pats last year but the Pats failed to even make the playoffs!  What's more, the last time the Colts and Pats met in the playoff, the Colts won!  And these guys are somehow certain that their team is vastly superior to the Colts...reality is not recognized on these matters.
    But in all seriousness, how on earth does one lose to the Chargers when neither LT or Rivers is in the game?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"In the replay WW is open over the middle. He scrapes past the ref and is in front of the defender....OH Well not to be ....on the the Jets"

Ummm....actually the official is blocking the view from Brady to Welker at a crucial point. If I were into football conspiracies, I'd say that smelled pretty rancid. At any rate it was bad luck but it was also a bad idea for Faulk to run such a short route, you gotta get one yard deeper so as to avoid the chance for any home cookin'. 

Speaking of cooked, this game is cooked and done. Time to kick the Jets butt and get ready for New Orleans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Boy, some of you guys are taking this to a new level!  Frame by frame?  I wonder if there was anyone shooting the play from a grassy knoll near the stadium that would have had a better angle?!  I don't have the NFL network and obviously must not have seen the angle some are referring to, b/c all the angles I saw were pretty impossible to tell where the man had control...

Yeah. Super Genius.

Did you ever make the connection that the NFL Network was owned by the NFL? From there it is just a single thought process away (single for some) to actually look on NFL.com. 

Just because you aren't able to tell doesn't mean others can't. From your ability to just not connect things, I would say that, yes, for you it would be very difficult to the point of impossibility to be able to tell where he made the catch. For others, not so much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Every angle I've seen is inconclusive at best, which means the play as called on the field would've stood in the absence of irrefutable evidence that Faulk made the 1st down.  No smoking guns here.
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

This is true, but it wouldn't matter with a correct spot. In that case, the Colts would have challenged and would have lost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replay clearly shows Faulk made first down : Yeah. Super Genius. Did you ever make the connection that the NFL Network was owned by the NFL? From there it is just a single thought process away (single for some) to actually look on NFL.com.  Just because you aren't able to tell doesn't mean others can't. From your ability to just not connect things, I would say that, yes, for you it would be very difficult to the point of impossibility to be able to tell where he made the catch. For others, not so much.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Given that this was so obvious to pats fans upon replay.  At least maybe pats fans can understand the ref decision as it occurred in real time. 

If at the very least, they can do that then the next step would be to challenge the spot which is EXACTLY one of the reasons that replay challenges were given to teams.  That the pats wasted their Timeouts in the second half, eliminating any opportunity to challenge that spot has absolutely nothing to do with the refs and everything to do with the pats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replay clearly shows Faulk made first down : Given that this was so obvious to pats fans upon replay.  At least maybe pats fans can understand the ref decision as it occurred in real time.  If at the very least, they can do that then the next step would be to challenge the spot which is EXACTLY one of the reasons that replay challenges were given to teams.  That the pats wasted their Timeouts in the second half, eliminating any opportunity to challenge that spot has absolutely nothing to do with the refs and everything to do with the pats. 
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Udogg- One thing we do understand is a good screwing by the refs.I thought you didn't want to talk about the refs calls anymore. If you're feeling a little guilty for winning that way it's understandable. We're here to listen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replay clearly shows Faulk made first down : Udogg- One thing we do understand is a good screwing by the refs.I thought you didn't want to talk about the refs calls anymore. If you're feeling a little guilty for winning that way it's understandable. We're here to listen.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

He knows there is a bow on top of the W, but doesn't want to admit it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Time to put this horse down.. beaten to DEATH!  Won't change the results... let's move on!