Report: Brady, Pats deal "within reach"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/25/report-brady-pats-deal-within-reach/

Despite plenty of signs pointing to possible problems between the New England Patriots and their franchise quarterback, Tom Brady, there are now indications that the two sides could be making some progress.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that "there is ongoing dialogue" between the two sides and that an extension of Brady's contract is now "within reach."  Indeed, Schefter now says that the question isn't if the two sides will find a way to keep Brady around over the long haul, but when the deal will be finalized.

Schefter also commits a little ESPN-on-ESPN crime, reporting that speculation of a potential Brady holdout, recently pushed by colleagues John Clayton and Chris Mortensen, is off the mark.  Schefter also reports that the relationship between Brady and the Pats "is as positive as it has been."

Though we don't know whether Brady would hold out, we've heard from multiple sources that the relationship is, at a minimum, strained.  It is believed that Brady has changed in recent years, possibly due to the Yoko Ono factor, and there's a concern that he may want to push for a Peyton Manning-style market-max contract.  Brady never has cashed in to that same extent, due in large part to the fact that his rookie deal reflected the 199th slot in the draft, not the first overall position.

So even if he won't hold out, we're not buying the contention that the relationship "is as positive as it has been."  Unless, of course, it wasn't as positive in the past as we'd all been led to believe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Report: Brady, Pats deal "within reach"

Is there a chance that all of these reporters could be wrong? I hate them all and don't want any of them to be right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Goes to show that ESPN will try to make a story out of anything... :-/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Who remembers Donovan Leitch?

First there is a story, then there is no story, then there is."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Brady, Pats deal "within reach":
    In Response to Re: Report: Brady, Pats deal "within reach" : I thought this too but don't they have to have the source verified and confirmed before they can release a story? Believe me, I have no idea what rules these guys play by but it would seem to me they need to be held in check somehow right? I mean Brady didn't deny anything did he?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

What gets to me is the fact that they reversed field one day after making it seem like Brady was going to hold out and Brady was unhappy.

Seemed to play into the Patriot-hater audience more than report facts.

You shouldn't have Brady being unhappy and ready to hold out one day, then have him close to signing a contract the next, unless Kraft panicked, which I doubt.

My thought: Brady, Manning, and Brees are all playing a waiting game so they can top each others' contracts.  It's smart on their part - they stand to make more money by letting someone else set the market.  Brady won't be going anywhere.  If ever there was someone who should retire a Patriot, it's him.  But that's not very newsworthy... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

great news. i hope Game will will change her avatar back to the Brady shirt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

W T F is this?

"It is believed that Brady has changed in recent years, possibly due to the Yoko Ono factor"

That was actually in the article?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

W T F is this? "It is believed that Brady has changed in recent years, possibly due to the Yoko Ono factor " That was actually in the article?
    Posted by Tcal2

I read that to. It was a dumb thing to say. I bet TB called him a chucklehead

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

W T F is this? "It is believed that Brady has changed in recent years, possibly due to the Yoko Ono factor " That was actually in the article?
    Posted by Tcal2

Wow, that was bad. Even for Florio.

Who is playing Yoko in this instance?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Wow, that was bad. Even for Florio. Who is playing Yoko in this instance?
    Posted by digger0862

Apparently Giselle.  Aside from the fact that every man in America *loves* her.