Report: Failed drug "tests" caused Aaron Hernandez's draft fall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Report: Failed drug "tests" caused Aaron Hernandez's draft fall

Once thought of as a borderline first-round talent, Florida tight end Aaron Hernandez fell to New England at pick No. 113 in the draft.  Now we may know part of the reason why.

Albert Breer of the Boston Globe reports that Hernandez failed "multiple" drug tests for marijuana use at Floria.  He
    reportedly admitted to the failed tests at the Scouting Combine.  Hernandez passed the test given at the Scouting Combine.  and did not fail a test there.

"These kids, they don't get it,'' an AFC personnel director told the Globe. "[Hernandez] cost himself a lot of money.''

Despite the issues, everyone that talked to the Globe said Hernandez was a tremendous value where he was drafted.  The failed tests scared teams away.

"He's not a bad kid. He just has an issue," one executive said.

Hernandez won't be enrolled in the league's substance abuse program, but he could be subject to extra testing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: Report: Failed drug "tests" caused Aaron Hernandez's draft fall

OMG a college student smoked pot? Stop the presses. This is a non issue. It looks like he's passed a few recently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

The patriots system doesn't allow for drug abusers, I don't think it will be a problem, however, if it is, he won't be around that long...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Moss has smoked some weed in his day. Just sayin'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

and now our diamond in the roughSmile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

As long as he plays as he should in the games.....I could careless!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

LOL I knew it would take some loser 5 minutes to bring up Moss. Great job , stay classy! LOL and the Pats system doesnt allow drug users Kurupt? How about Nick K and Rodney Harrison?
     This really is such a non-story , w t f are we talking about here , a college kid that might have a problem w/ weed? Do you know how many pro athletes smoke weed? And do you really believe no Pats players use any drugs? Great waste of time guys!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Probably split a blunt with Bill when they met. Bill is always thinking, knowing this would make the kid drop and he would get a good "value". Remeber they don't drug test the coaches. Priceless!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

ONE TIME: Dude. That's pretty much what I was saying. It is no big deal, hence the reason I said "This is a non issue". You are really flying off the handle, for no reason. Chill out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

One-time---Glad you enjoyed the thread!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet 4 players at Combine failed tests: McCoy, Dwyer, Nyan Boateng & Darius Marshall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a problem if he does it now. Can't have him suspended for a length of time cause he wants to get high. It kills me when everyone says it's no big deal well guess what it appearently is!!! If he didn't smoke up and failed a couple tests they said he'd be a late 1st early 2nd pick, well that no big deal cost him millions of dollars. I'm sorry but if it could cost you millions of dollars then you don't do it plain and simple. It's not like these players don't know what a failed test will do. I'm sure everyone tells them what would happen yet they still do it. I'm just hoping it was something stupid mistake and he won't do it again oterwise they are cracking down hard on it and he will be suspended.

That said provided he doesn't do it in the pro's his mistake could mean a huge steal for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Weed isn't dangerous. Sure makes you stupid, but he'll still be dependable come game time. If it had been cocaine, I would be worried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Failed drug "tests" caused Aaron Hernandez's draft fall:
    Weed isn't dangerous. Sure makes you stupid, but he'll still be dependable come game time. If it had been cocaine, I would be worried.
    Posted by 49Patriots

See that's what I can't stand just because it isn't dangerous doesn't mean they should do it. It's against the law and against the leagues policies. Regardless of how dangerous it is he'll get suspended if he does it so he shouldn't be doing it period. Now if it was a college mistake at a party and doesn't plan to do it anymore then not a big deal but if he's another Ricky that could be an issue. Point being if it's against policy and against the law then don't do it! If you showed up to work drunk or high you'd be fired, just because they are sports stars IMO they shouldn't be treated any different then anyone else

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aluvium. Show aluvium's posts

I am sure Belichick got the scoop from Meyer. I am not worried about it at all anyways, not that big of a deal, it actually helped us since we got him in the 4th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

NBD (No Big Deal), he's a kid on a college campus who did a doobie at the wrong time.  How many of us haven't, good ahead raise your hand please.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Failed drug "tests" caused Aaron Hernandez's draft fall:
    NBD (No Big Deal), he's a kid on a college campus who did a doobie at the wrong time.  How many of us haven't, good ahead raise your hand please.  
    Posted by proftom

me and still do. I can't believe they consider MJ as a drug its such non sence

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I hope his "pot addiction" limits him as much as it  did for Michael Phelps...doesn't this Breer guy seem like a "told you so" tattle taling dweeb; imagine having to take questions from a guy like this; Belechik may end up giving feature interviews to Borges at the Herald (LOL)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I mean RE: the "It's AGAINST The Law, So Do NOT Do It" statement...lmao.  Honestly, I don't even enjoy the heeba very much.  BECAUSE It IS against the law, I HAVE to do it.  Seriously, I'd much rather spend my time taking psychedelic shrooms stuffed with pcp and angel-dust, while I'm bidding my time for the girls I pimp-out to return from work.  But between these new sensor car alarms on these high-priced sedans (seems that's all chop-shops want these days) AND the fact that even slappin' the girls senseless hasn't stopped them from shorting me on my god-given percentage of their he!!, There is NO way I can go with drug stuffed shrooms any longer and still hope to pay off my mob bookie, unless I k!ll him.  But see, fact that 1-time took my chopper AK after they nailed me for a home invasion where the d0pe made me fall sleep...Means That's out too.  

BUT anyway bringing me again to the M-Jane: I don't even LIKE the stuff.  Lazy, d^mb and overeating...good times.  YET, the fact that the government says that such a meaningless drug IS illegal, Makes me NEED to smoke it by principle alone.  Sheez, I'd rather go to my parole hearing, sober tommorrow.  But I'll end up toking & choking yet 1 more time jsut so I can stick-it in the face of the Man...brother, wouldn't even bother wasting my time if they just legalized the st^pid thing.     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I've never understood what's so bad about a drug that can never be lethal via overdose (in part because you don't have that much ambition when you're smoking it) or cancer

It's definitely not performance-enhancing (except at eating contests).

I'd say that cigarettes are infinitely worse than pot because there are a lot more unpredictable chemical additives.  I'm not concerned about Aaron Hernandez.  Besides, half of the student body in college smokes at my school, and I'm sure it's not any different at a party school like Florida.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Failed drug "tests" caused Aaron Hernandez's draft fall : See that's what I can't stand just because it isn't dangerous doesn't mean they should do it. It's against the law and against the leagues policies. Regardless of how dangerous it is he'll get suspended if he does it so he shouldn't be doing it period. Now if it was a college mistake at a party and doesn't plan to do it anymore then not a big deal but if he's another Ricky that could be an issue. Point being if it's against policy and against the law then don't do it! If you showed up to work drunk or high you'd be fired, just because they are sports stars IMO they shouldn't be treated any different then anyone else
    Posted by PatsEng

Patseng, just so you know, the NFL league shoots these guys up every week with pain meds that tear apart their bodies. Pot should be a non issue but it will always be an issue unitl legalized. I would rather have that guy smoking pot than doing coke, or pepsi. But I think BB could have passed a bong to the guy so his stock would fall and New England could nab him. Why do you think he wears that hoodie? Hes no brotha thats for sure, hes hiding something damn it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

lets get things straight, cigarettes and alcohol both have more harmful affect than useful. marijuana is scientificly proven to have useful medical purposes. yes it creates a high or stoned fealing depending on the strain, but doesn't alcohol impare you? isn't it just about moderation? or is about drug companys wanting to line their pockets with money and make people addicted to pill popping so the collect more money. All the while the prison system in America is around 70% filled with minor marijuana possesion, this also brigns in tons of money for those who run prison and correctional facilities.

Did you also know marijuana was legal up until the the late 1880' early 1990's. when landowners in California, Oregon and Seattle, that used it's forests for cutting trees used for paper and other purposed, found that hemp was becoming a popular substitute for paper products they pushed to criminalize the product and anything related to it, thus marijuana. This wasn't even a true fight over what's wrong or right, but a pure business decision.

I smoke weed, i'll be honest. I also go to college have a 3.5 gpa, exercise and work 35 hours a week, sometimes its just nice to relax. plus marijuana is more natural for your body than an asprin, tylenol, advil pm, nyquil, etc. The reason marijuana is affective is because of thc, the chemical drug which is found naturally in your brain. that is why humans have reactions to smoking the plant.

Marijuana is not performance enhancing and far from it, it receives a bad rap from false facts and lies to promote other money industries. If people really took the time to educate themselves they would also realize the legalization of marijuana could help with some of our economic problems. I am not promoting the use of marijuana, like everything moderation and a responsible individual is what is needed.

this kid deserves a chance no matter how you feel about his actions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Posted by proftom
    Geez...I can't type like this very well...can I
    put my hand down now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

people from the 60's and 70's...are now in positions of respectability in society and im sure still smoke the kron juat like in their hey day...as soon as some of the older guard(the generation bfore them) pass on...government will wisen up...they are wasting resources and losing revenue while bootleggers make mad millions...eliminate the middle man and gov will save money on taking care of inmates...not having to battle mexican cartels and gang bangers... create new streams of revenue and not to mention all the jobs it would create...

legalize it...